Please don't repeat Scourge balancing mistakes with Crucible league

In Scourge league the whole krangling mechanic was completely garbage because it took too much time/xp for each level of krangling & the results were very underwhelming.

Crucible mechanic has a similar concept where you kill monsters inside league mechanic - which is really cool in concept.

Please don't ruin this by overzealous balancing where it takes an absurd amount of xp to level up an item & the good results are so rare that you never seen them.

New league mechanics should feel overpowered if anything, not underwhelming like Scourge was
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2023, 11:59:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
fingers crossed
Ideally we should get some noticeable progress every time. Hopefully they give more detailed patch notes before the league.

The rarity of certain things is going to make a large difference if the mechanoc feels fun, tedious, or mandatory.
While there is still plenty of room for them to make mistakes with the design, there are at least a few things that look better than Scourge so far. For example, you're able to look ahead to see what you'll get, rather than not knowing until the item is done cooking.

There's still going to be some pain in searching for the items with good passives, but you can at least do the searching without having to craft the items first, and hopefully you'll be able to 'unveil' one passive set per map while looking for good bases.
Just remember this.

When they show us sample crucible weapons, the ones we see are the BETTER outcomes.

It seems as if these weapons could be a massive hit or miss. So your enjoyment of the league will be RNG. They had this same issue with Scourge as well as Kalandra League. Two of the worst leagues in recent years.

IF these weapons (entire point of the league) don't favor the player more than the house...

I dunno. This whole thing seems like a scam to hide the fact that the nerfs hurt all players and the league mechanic MAY make up for the difference.

So how much fun you have in the league once again is RNG.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
I didn't really have issue with the Kraggle exp but I didn't use it on rares most the time. Keep in mind this is when you could div a unique to perfection. Gambling a good scourge Implicit could turn into a huge profit. It was a great way to make Unique items more interesting late game.

I made Doryiani's with Unwavering Stance and didn't need currency for the rest of the league.

I found Map leveling annoying though. Esp when 50% of the time it could turn into unbeatable.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info