4000 miliseconds lag in Underground Sea map

Hey friends,

The Underground sea map is currently unplayable. I get latency spikes up to 4000 miliseconds in this map. I can't even think of moving on. I get teleported around and died already twice, killed by the lag.

I have already switched the server. Ohter content runs just fine. It is just this map at the moment.

It is not the first time that specific maps are simply unplayable by lag. And it would be nice when this bug would be fixed at one point.

Kind regards
Arunderan
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2023, 3:30:16 PM
"
Arunderan wrote:
Hey friends,

The Underground sea map is currently unplayable. I get latency spikes up to 4000 miliseconds in this map. I can't even think of moving on. I get teleported around and died already twice, killed by the lag.

I have already switched the server. Ohter content runs just fine. It is just this map at the moment.

It is not the first time that specific maps are simply unplayable by lag. And it would be nice when this bug would be fixed at one point.

Kind regards
Arunderan

Try this -->
1. Run packcheck.exe as "an administrator" / In steam select "Verify game files".
2. Delete the local PoE cache files here -->
C:\Users\"your windows account name"\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile\
3. Now start PoE again as "an administrator". When at the login screen, select options.
4. Now set texture to MEDIUM and Sound channels to low.
5. See if the issue is resolved ?

Depending if you use DX11, Vulcan or DX12 (beta) then try changing between them.
I don't play across steam sorry :)

And thanks for the advice. But i think you haven't understood the problem. It's not my pc, not my connection, not the textures, not the settings.

I play for hours, no problem. Then i enter one specific map and have a murder lag. I exit, enter let's say the blood aqueduct and everything works fine. I go back into the bad map, the murder lag is back. I close it and play another map then, and everything is fine again. It can even be the same map type.

It is one specific map at a time. Which one changes. From time to time i simply run into unplayable maps. Which is nasty when you are hunting for bosses for example ...

Kind regards
Arunderan
It sounds like the server groups you play on periodically reach capacity, resulting in some of your instances being spun up on an alternative gateway. I’m not sure if you’re aware - but once an instance has been created, it won’t move to a new region under any circumstances.

If you keep trying different locations, eventually you should find one that doesn’t become full (while you personally are playing, at least).
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Mar 18, 2023, 10:58:17 AM
"
Arunderan wrote:
I don't play across steam sorry :)

And thanks for the advice. But i think you haven't understood the problem. It's not my pc, not my connection, not the textures, not the settings.

I play for hours, no problem. Then i enter one specific map and have a murder lag. I exit, enter let's say the blood aqueduct and everything works fine. I go back into the bad map, the murder lag is back. I close it and play another map then, and everything is fine again. It can even be the same map type.

It is one specific map at a time. Which one changes. From time to time i simply run into unplayable maps. Which is nasty when you are hunting for bosses for example ...

Kind regards
Arunderan

well it is possible that there is a problem with the game files for that map. That's why I asked you to do the steps.

It's also possible that @Sarno is correct, however I still think that is "unlikely" since it's only that specific map.....

However GGG doesn't offer TECH support "for the moment" (been like this for several years now) so best of luck to you Exile.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
It's also possible that @Sarno is correct, however I still think that is "unlikely" since it's only that specific map.....

It isn’t.
"
Arunderan wrote:
I close it and play another map then, and everything is fine again. It can even be the same map type.

Why would data corruption cause latency spikes? That makes no sense to me.

Data corruption should crash the client, or maybe throw an exception (…which crashes the client).
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Mar 18, 2023, 5:07:10 PM
"
Sarno wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

It isn’t.
"
Arunderan wrote:
I close it and play another map then, and everything is fine again. It can even be the same map type.

Why would data corruption cause latency spikes? That makes no sense to me.

Data corruption should crash the client, or maybe throw an exception (…which crashes the client).

A missed that part about same map type.

In regards to data corruption then I have seen people complain about lag / stutters but after deleting the cache files / packcheck it didn't happend again. I duno if just lucky but that's why I always ask people to do these 2 things.

But @OP should monitor his instance IP's because then we should be able to see a pattern in regards to the good / "bad" one.....
Now that OP has made it clear its a specific map instance and not map layout/type: I also have/had this. Its a server-side problem. Solution is to use other server location/gateway or play at another time: If you get this once on a server location/gateway then the chance is high to get another bad one soon. Have read some comment claiming that its possible at least sometimes to outwait it inside of map. IME outwaiting it outside of map doesnt work as this apparently causes the map instance to disappear unusually fast. (Havent had this in a long time now though, seems to be happening more if there are higher player counts earlier in league etc.)
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info