[3.22 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Toxic Rain Raider

Hello everyone! My name is Bergerbrush and this build is my Toxic Rain Raider Build Guide! This Guide will have all information needed for newer or older players to start off from level 1 as you are exiled upon the Twilight Strand. And I will guide you the whole way to the Path of Exile endgame.

If you have any questions regarding the Build or suggestions feel free to contact me in my Twitch Stream where I stream sometimes.

3.22 Updates
Spoiler

Not many changes except that I now dropped Determination in the Raider Version, in order to sustain mana easier, and skipping all the trouble of getting 0 mana cost. It now instead has more damage, more evasion, it's a lot easier to gear and just as fast as before!

Beginner Friendly Toxic Rain Raider League Starter Video! - Path of Exile [3.22]

Here are all the PoB's for this League!

Leveling PoB: https://pobb.in/eD0u-pK4BSY8

Stage 1 PoB: https://pobb.in/1CrORdGQT56t

Stage 2 PoB: https://pobb.in/lzlw6zsb88bX

Stage 3 PoB: https://pobb.in/mtrilWGCW7H_

Stage 4 PoB: https://pobb.in/AzsNDC_oy_VH

Pathfinder Version
I am also adding a pathfinder version here that is easier to gear, has determination for more tankiness when getting hit, and also has constant flask uptime on almost all flasks, making the character extremely easy to play!

This version has lower damage and less movement speed though, so keep that in mind if you wanna play it!

Pathfinder PoB: https://pobb.in/kTeNJ5-S5Gwc

Pros & Cons
Spoiler

+ League Start Viable
+ Pretty good Defensively
+ Good Mapclear
+ Decent Single Target
+ Easy playstyle
+ Can do most Map Mods
+ Good QoL
+ Pretty fast Movement Speed

- Can not do UBER Bosses
- Have to juggle stats in Skill Tree & on Gear
- Not Curse Immune

Information & Videos
Spoiler

Information about the Build
Spoiler

Offense

Toxic Rain

Taken from PoE Wiki:

Toxic Rain is a bow attack skill where the user fires multiple arrows in the air, which land and drop spore pods, dealing chaos damage over time and slowing enemy movement speed for their duration. The spore pods explode after a delay, dealing chaos damage.

The explosion of the Spore Pods counts as a hit, which allows for rapid application of "on hit" effects such as poison, or life and mana gain on hit.

Increasing the number of projectiles increases the number of pods you produce, thus increasing your damage.

Accuracy affects all hit portions of the skill but not the damage over time of the pods.

Sources of increased area of effect allow the damage over time from each spore to overlap. However, this also increases the spread of the pods.

Spore explosions and arrows count as "kill with this weapon" but damage over time component does not.

Toxic Rain Ballista

We use Toxic Rain ballistas in order to deal more damage and also apply Wither to the enemy. Use the Ballistas for Bosses or extremely tanky mobs. As our normal Toxic Rain will be fine for clearing.

Wither

Wither is a debuff that applies 6% increased chaos damage taken per stack, up to 15 stacks. Each stack has its own independent duration of 2s, which is not refreshed when applying new stacks. So increasing our Wither Duration and/or Wither Effect, also increases our damage.

Mana Cost of Skills

We utilize certain crafts on our jewellery and on our helmet and flasks in order to deal with the mana cost of Toxic Rain.

Defense

High Evasion

We use Evasion in order to have a high evade chance. Meaning that enemies will likely miss us with their attacks.

Molten Shell or Steelskin on Left-Click

In my opinion the easiest way to automaticly have Molten Shell/Steelskin activated most of the time is by putting Molten Shell/Steelskin on your Left-Click. So while you are using Left-Click to move in the game it will automaticly use Molten Shell/Steelskin whenever it is off cooldown.

Spell Suppression

With 100% Spell Supression we mitigate incoming spell damage quite well. So due to our Evasion, Armour and Spell Suppression. We can survive most incoming hits. So one thing that is very important, is to hit the 100% Spell Suppression cap. In order to do that, you will need to get some Spell Suppression on some of your gear.

But it is always best to manually dodge incoming attacks and spells as well for a higher survival rate!

Showcase & Videos

Leveling Stage Act 1-10
Spoiler

Below you will find 4 Sections with explanations to your leveling progression. Gear, Skill Trees, Skill Gems and Ascendancy Choices all have extensive information with everything you need to know.

I also suggest looking at the videos below if you need help with leveling in general or this specific character.

Here is a Playlist loaded with Information regarding how Path of Exile works and how to understand the game better.

Leveling Gear Act 1-10
Spoiler

Good Uniques for Leveling Early

- Tabula Rasa -

Tabula Rasa is one of the most common leveling items because it has 6-links and all are white which means you can slot any gems into the sockets. The item also doesn't have any requirements and can therefor be worn by anyone at any given time. But keep in mind, it doesn't really have any stats. But because of the 6-link it provides a large damage boost.

- Quill Rain Bow -

Quill Rain is one of the best early leveling Bows you can have for leveling. It has extremely high Attack Speed and also grants you mana per enemy you hit with attacks.

- Wanderlust Shoes -

Wanderlust shoes are one of the most common leveling boots. It can be used at level 1 and has no requirements. It provides a good amount of movement speed and also Freeze Immunity.

- Goldrim Leathercap -

Goldrim is a very common leveling helmet as well. As it also can be used at Level 1 and gives a LARGE AMOUNT of all Elemental Resists.

- Le Heup of All Ring -

There aren't many really great rings for leveling. But Le Heup of All is a pretty good choice. It gives a nice stat boost to help with overall gearing, it gives damage and a good amount of resists.

Rare Gear & How to Obtain it

- General Rare Gear -
Gloves - Helmet - Belt - Rings - Body Armour - Amulet

For these items it is generally very much the same when you level new characters. You want modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life
+% to any RESISTS you need

- Bow -

On the Bow you want modifiers such as:

Any form of damage
+% to Attack Speed
+ to Maximum Life

- Quiver -

On the Quiver you want modifiers such as:

Any form of damage
+% to Attack Speed
+ to Maximum Life

- Boots -

Boots are very simple as well, same as other General Rare Gear items but we also want movement speed. We want modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life
% Increased Movement Speed (The higher the better)

- Shield -

The Shield is needed for when we use Poisonous Concoction. And the Shield modifiers is just as the other gear, we want modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life

Gem Skills for Leveling Act 1-10
Spoiler

- Level 1-12 (Act 1) -

I suggest leveling with Caustic Arrow until you are Level 12 and can start using Poisonous Concoction.

This may sound weird as this build is meant to use Toxic Rain. Which you can level with if you want. But Poisonous Concoction is an extremely powerful leveling skill, and I therefor suggest using that for leveling.

----Caustic Arrow skills and so on linked around here!!!-----

- At level 12 you can remove your Bow and start playing Poisonous Concoction -

You can remove all the previous Skills you have used at this point and start using the ones provided from this point on in the Guide.

Poisonous Concoction is a very interesting and unique Skill in Path of Exile that requires you to not have any weapon equipped. It also has a mechanic where it uses your Life Flasks in order to deal more damage. (In a way you are throwing your flasks to deal damage with them)

Therefor it is vital to keep more than 1 Life Flask on you during leveling and also keep your Life Flasks updated every Act!

3-Link Damage Setup

Auras

Only level Precision to level 10. The more we level it, the more mana reservation it will require.

Movement Skill & Steelskin

Link these skills with Lifetap as it will use Life instead of mana when activating them.

- Level 12-22 (Act 2) -

If 4-Link is Accquired

Auras

- Level 22-32 (Act 3) -

If 5-Link is Accquired

Auras & Curse

Despair is a Curse which lowers enemies Chaos Resistance and makes them take more Chaos damage. You should manually cast this on bosses or tanky enemies to kill them easier.

Extra Damage

Plague Bearer is a Skill that you activate and incubate Posion damage into. When the buff reaches it maximum value you can activate this skill again to Poison and damage enemies around you. This is very helpful for clearing and helps with Single Target as well!

Skill Tree's for Act 1-10
Spoiler

Act 1 Level 1-12
Act 1 Skill Tree

Act 2 Level 12-22
Act 2 Skill Tree

For the Bandits Quest in Act 2 I suggest you KILL ALL BANDITS.

Killing all Bandits gives us:
2 Extra Skill Points

Act 3 Level 22-32
Act 3 Skill Tree

I suggest doing first lab after finishing Act 3. At this point you should be strong enough to face Izaro in the Labyrinth.

You should pick the Ascendancy called Raider and the First Skill you should pick is "Rapid Assault"

Here is a Video on how the Labyrinth & Ascendancy System Works

Act 4 Level 32-40
Act 4 Skill Tree

Act 5 Level 40-45
Act 5 Skill Tree

Act 6 Level 45-50
Act 6 Skill Tree

Act 7 Level 50-55
Act 7 Skill Tree

After finishing the quest "The Silver Locket" take the "Jade Flask" as your reward from Weylam Roth. This is a strong defensive Flask that gives us Evasion during the flask uptime and we will use this Flask in our Flask Setup later as well.

Act 8 Level 55-60
Act 8 Skill Tree

At the beginning of Act 8 I suggest that you go and do your second Labyrinth now. Your next ascendancy skill will be "Avatar of the Chase"

Act 9 Level 60-64
Act 9 Skill Tree

Act 10 Level 64-68
Act 10 Skill Tree

I suggest doing your third Labyrinth at level 68 before you battle Kitava again. When you defeat Kitava in Act 10 she lowers your resistances by an extra -30%. Therefor it is easier to do the third Labyrinth before defeating Kitava.

The third set of skill points in our ascendancy tree will be "Quartz Infusion"

Ascendancy Choices
Spoiler

Video of Labyrinth & Trials Explanation

1st / Normal Labyrinth: Rapid Assault
2nd / Cruel Labyrinth: Avatar of the Chase
3rd / Merciless Labyrinth: Quartz Infusion
4th / Eternal Labyrinth: Way of the Poacher

Pantheon Choices
Spoiler

The Pantheon is unlocked after Act 6 when you start defeating certain bosses in the Acts. It is a little mini "Skill Tree" where you can select 1 Major Skill and 1 Minor Skill. By clicking "Y" in game you can open your Pantheon and select which ones you want. I suggest these different Skills depending on your playstyle.

Major Pantheon:

I would suggest "Soul of the Brine King". Because there is a very strong synergy with Soul of the Brine King if you use a Divine Vessel in a map and capture Puruna, The Challenger. This will make it so when you have "Soul of the Brine King" you cannot be Frozen. And not being able to be Frozen is extremely good defensively in Path of Exile!

Minor Pantheon:

I would suggest Soul of Gruthkul for slightly more defense or Soul of Ryslatha for Quality of Life.

Leveling Path of Building
Spoiler

This PoB contains all Skill Tree's for every act while leveling and also has some generic leveling gear and Skill Gem setups for your progression through the acts!

Leveling PoB: https://pastebin.com/qfGQEkUy

Early Mapping - Stage 1
Spoiler

Congratulations! You made it past Act 10 Kitava and are now ready for the Endgame in Path of Exile. Make sure to watch these videos below if you do not know how to prepare for the Endgame or where to start!

Here is a Video to help you Prepare for Mapping after Defeating Act 10 Kitava!

Here is another video with everything to know about the Endgame Mapping System!

Skill Tree & Path of Building
Spoiler

Early Mapping Skill Tree ~ Level 68

Stage 1 Finished Skill Tree ~ Level 80

Early Mapping - Stage 1 PoB ~ Level 68-80: https://pobb.in/1CrORdGQT56t
This PoB contains 2 different skill trees that you can swap between. It also has a set of two different gear setups that showcases your early gear, and your gear progression.

Here is a video explaining how to use Path of Building

Gem Links
Spoiler

IMPORTANT - You always wanna try to keep your Gems atleast Level 20 with 20% Quality unless I specifically say something different. If the Gems in this Guide don't have 20/20 Gems it is because I don't have those myself and can therefor not link them in this Guide.

5-Link Toxic Rain

6-Link Toxic Rain

6-Link Toxic Rain Ballista

Auras - Helmet

Utlity & Golem - Gloves/Boots

Withering Step applies "Wither" to nearby enemies when you activate it. And as soon as you use another skill it is deactivated. Learn to play with this in order to apply Wither stacks faster on Bosses. Wither makes it so enemies who are Withered take increased Chaos Damage.

Movement & Steelskin - Boots/Gloves

IMPORTANT! - Put Steelskin on your Left-MouseKey so that when you walk around, it automaticly activates it when it is off cooldown.

Here you can use Dash or Flame Dash or whatever movement skill you prefer. I prefer Dash so therefor I linked Dash here.

Gear
Spoiler

Video on How to use Trade Website

Here we will go over what gear you want and above is a helpful video to show you how to trade for gear on the Path of Exile Trade Website.

- 5-Link or 6-Link Rare Bow -

CHEAP Price~MEDIUM Price - There is a nice trick to easily get a 6-Link Short Bow by turning a Set of Six "The Porcupine" Divination Cards. Once you have done that you can also use "Shrieking Essence of Dread" or "Deafening Essence of Dread" on your Bow to guarantee atleast "+2 Level of Socketed Bow Gems", which will make for quite a decent Bow for now. It is recommended to do this until you get both "+2 Level of Socketed Bow Gems" and "% Increased Attack Speed".

If you are looking for a stronger Bow or other ways of accquiring it then these are the modifiers that you are looking for:

+ to Level of Socketed Gems
+ to level of Socketed Bow Gems
"% Increased Attack Speed"
+% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
% increased Chaos Damage over Time

- Quiver -

CHEAP - Look for modifiers on Rare Quivers such as:

+ to Maximum Life
+% to Damage over Time Multiplier with Attack Skills
"% Increased Attack Speed"

- 5-Link or 6-Link Rare Body Armour -

CHEAP~MEDIUM Price Look for modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life
+% Chance to Suppress Spell Damage

- Helmet -

CHEAP - On your Helmet you want modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life

-Amulet-

CHEAP~MEDIUM Price Look for modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life
+ to Strength and/or Intelligence

ANNOINT - Potency of Will - Sepia Oil+Sepia Oil+Opalscent Oil

Video on how to Annoint

- Rings -

CHEAP - You are looking for Rare Rings with modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life
+% to Any RESISTS you need
+ Strength

- Gloves -

CHEAP - You want Rare Gloves with modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life

- Belt -

CHEAP - You want a Rare Belt with modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life
+ Strength

- Boots -

CHEAP - You want a pair of Rare Boots with modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life
% Increased Movement Speed (preferably 25%, 30% or 35%)

- Flasks -
granite flask here instead

CHEAP - I suggest a Life Flask that gives Instant Health when used paired with Anti Bleeding to use when you have normal bleeding on you. (We can't get Corrupted Bleeding on us because of Skill Tree)

A Stibnite Flask for More Evasion. (Preferably rolled with % Increased Attack Speed During Effect)

A Granite Flask that gives us a bit of Armor for defences.

A Jade Flask that increases our Evasion. (Preferably rolled with %Increased Evasion Rating During Effect)

A Quicksilver flask that grants us high amounts of Movement Speed.

- Jewels -

CHEAP - If you are using Rare Jewels you should look for modifiers such as:

% Increased Maximum Life
% Increased Attack Speed
% Increased Attack Speed with Bows
+% Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
+ Strength and/or Intelligence if needed

Midgame Mapping - Stage 2
Spoiler

It is time to upgrade our gear even more as Path of Exile is a lot about character progression and gear progression. We have gotten a bit further into the Endgame of PoE and now as the difficulty bar is raising, so do we have to raise our damage and defenses.

Main Item Upgrades
Spoiler

The main point of these upgrades is to increase your overall QoL and damage in order to keep farming for Stage 3. Where the upgrades will start getting more expensive. So the main things we are looking for here is to stabilize your mana cost of Toxic Rain, hitting the Toxic Rain AoE threshold, and overall rounding out your character to a good point.

IMPORTANT! - Based on user testing, it is suggested to get 39% Increased Area of Effect on your Toxic Rain in order to get more damage. It is therefor very important that we get the Bench Craft Modifier "+1 Level of Socketed AoE Gems & 9% increased Area of Effect" on atleast one of our items. It is suggested to do this on either your GLOVES or your HELMET. It is also very IMPORTANT! that it is only 9% increased Area of Effect. Because we have 20% from the Skill Tree and 10% from the Quality on our Toxic Rain skill gem as well.

- 6-Link Rare Bow -

MEDIUM Price - You want the same modifiers as in Stage 1. But just higher numbers or more of the modifiers overall on the item.

- 6-Link Body Armour -

MEDIUM Price - You basicly want a similar Body Armour as in Stage 1. But preferably with higher numbers or more modifiers overall. It is also very important here to get the specific Implicits.

In order to get the specific implicits we want, you need to use "Eldritch Embers & Eldritch Ichors".

The specific Implicits you want are:

"Flasks Gain a Charge every 3 seconds"
"Malevolence has % Increased Aura Effect"

- Helmet -

MEDIUM Price - The main thing here is to have a helmet with good life, resists and then get the right Implicit.

A very important part here is to get the Implicit Modifier "Reduced Mana Cost of Attacks". This is so our Toxic Rain costs less mana, and is easier to spam. You can acquire this yourself by using "Eldritch Embers" on your helmet. If you feel that your helmet is good enough, and you don't need an overall upgrade.

Look for modifiers on the Helmet such as:

+ to Maximum Life
("+1 to Level of Socketed AoE Gems & 9% increased Area of Effect" ON EITHER THE HELMET OR THE GLOVES! NOT ON BOTH!)

- Rare Gloves -

MEDIUM Price - You want implicit modifier "Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier"

+ to Maximum Life
% increased Attack Speed
("+1 to Level of Socketed AoE Gems & 9% increased Area of Effect" ON EITHER THE HELMET OR THE GLOVES! NOT ON BOTH!)

- Rings -

CHEAP Price~MEDIUM Price -

The important part here is to get the crafted modifier "Non Channeling Skills have -6 or -7 to Total Mana Cost". This makes it so our Toxic Rain costs less mana and is easier to spam.

Look for modifiers on the Magic Ring such as:

Non Channeling Skills have -7/-6 to Total Mana Cost
+ to Maximum Life
+ Strength

- Amulet -

MEDIUM Price -

The important part here is to get the crafted modifier "Non Channeling Skills have -6 or -7 to Total Mana Cost". This makes it so our Toxic Rain costs less mana and is easier to spam.

It is also suggested to get a amulet with "+1 Level of All Chaos Skill Gems", which will increase the level of our Toxic Rain skill. As we know by now, Toxic Rain gets a high damage increase, with higher gem levels.

Look for modifiers on the Amulet such as:

Non Channeling Skills have -7/-6 to Total Mana Cost
"+1 Level of All Chaos Skill Gems"
+ to Maximum Life
+ Strength and/or Intelligence

ANNOINT - Potency of Will - Sepia Oil+Sepia Oil+Opalscent Oil

Video on how to Annoint

- Large Cluster Jewel -

MEDIUM Price~EXPENSIVE Price - Cluster Jewels is an essential part of this Build like many others. We gain a high amount of our Damage through Cluster Jewels and therefor we start of with a Large Cluster Jewel.

The specific Large Cluster Jewel we desire here is the Jewel that has the "%Increased Chaos Damage" modifier.

I really suggest trying to get a "8 Passive Cluster Jewel" so we can save as many Skill Points as possible, but of course this can get expensive. If you really do not have the Budget for it, then go for a 9 Passive.

Depending on your Budget you can either opt in for TWO Large Skill Nodes or THREE. The three nodes that we want are "Unholy Grace", "Wicked Pall" and "Unwaveringly Evil". I suggest buying what ever suits your budget and what ever you find available. "Unholy Grace" and "Wicked Pall" are the strongest, so if possible, get those first.

Here is a quick Video to explain how Cluster Jewels work and how to use them!

- Medium Cluster Jewels -

MEDIUM Price~EXPENSIVE Price - The specific Medium Cluster Jewel we desire here is the Jewel that has the "%Increased Damage over Time" modifier.

We will put 2x Medium Cluster Jewels inside our Large Cluster Jewel as well. I suggest for the Mediums that you buy a "4 Passive Cluster Jewel" or a "5 Passive Cluster Jewel". They basicly work the same way, so it doesn't matter if you go for a 4 or a 5.

The two Large Skill Nodes you want on these are the "Brewed for Potency" and "Wicked Pall".

- Rare Quiver -

MEDIUM Price - You want a Rare Quiver with modifiers such as:

+% to Damage over Time Multiplier with Attack Skills
% increased Attack Speed
% increased Damage with Bow Skills
+ to Maximum Life

- Rare Boots -

MEDIUM Price - You want a pair of Rare Boots with modifiers such as:

% Increased Movement Speed (preferably 30% or 35%)
+ to Maximum Life

And you can also influence your gloves with Searing Exarch Influence and look for more "Movement Speed" or even "Action Speed"

- Stygian Vise Belt -

MEDIUM Price - You want a Rare Stygian Vise Belt with modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life
+ Strength

If you want an even better belt you can get a Stygian Vise that has Life, Resists and also any of these modifiers as well:

% Increased Flask Charges Gained
% Increased Flask Effect Duration
Regenerate "x amount" Life per second

- Abyssal Jewel -

CHEAP Price - Abyssal Jewel to put in the Stygian Vise. We want modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life
+ to Strength
% increased Attack Speed

Gem Upgrades
Spoiler

IMPORTANT - You always wanna try to keep your Gems atleast Level 20 with 20% Quality unless I specifically say something different. If the Gems in this Guide don't have 20/20 Gems it is because I don't have those myself and can therefor not link them in this Guide.

There is no special Gem upgrades or changes in this Stage. Just make sure you have your Gems leveled to 20 and you upgraded the Quality to 20 as well. ESPECIALLY FOR TOXIC RAIN!

Spoiler

Keep in mind, this Tree looks a bit weird, but that's because we will use Cluster Jewels from now on.
Stage 2 Skill Tree ~ Level 90

PoB for Stage 2 ~ Level 90: https://pobb.in/lzlw6zsb88bX

Endgame Mapping & Bossing - Stage 3
Spoiler

In this Stage the build will start to get quite expensive, and some of the later items listed in this section will have the EXPENSIVE Price tag.

The reason some of this gear is expensive is due to how good they are. And because of how powerful certain items listed here are, it will increase our power and damage quite extensively as well!

For your generic Rare Gear, you can just look at the gear section in "Stage 2" and get more or better of the gear that is suggested there.

Main Item Upgrades
Spoiler

- Enchanted Helmet -
new helmet here
EXPENSIVE Price - You're looking for a helmet with a Toxic Rain Enchant. Then you want to get the Searing Exarch Implicit Modifier "Reduced Mana Cost of Attacks". This is so our Toxic Rain costs less mana, and is easier to spam.

It is also suggested that you get the Eater of Worlds Implicit Modifier "% of Physical Damage taken as Elemental Damage". This is so we can mitigate physical damage better. It is suggested to get the cold version of this.

Then get the standard modifiers such as:

+ to Maximum Life
+% Chance to Suppress Spell Damage (if not at 100% already)

- A Strong 6-Link Rare Bow -

EXPENSIVE Price - In order to heavily increase our damage we want a very strong damage over time and gem levels bow. This bow can be self crafted and costs around 5-6 divines.

The best version you can get here is the one with "+2 Level of Socketed Support Gems" due to us using a Empower Gem, which will increase the level of our Toxic Rain gem the most.

How to selfcraft your own Toxic Rain Bow! (i dont have this video yet)

If you are buying this bow instead of crafting it, then look for these modifiers on a Rare Bow:

+1 to level of Socketed Gems
+2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems OR Level of Socketed Support Gems
% increased Attack Speed
% increased Chaos Damage over Time
+% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier

- A Despair on Hit Ring -

MEDIUM Price~EXPENSIVE Price - Once again you want similar modifiers as such on the rings in Stage 2. But this time you specifically also want the modifier "Curse Enemies with Despair on Hit". This is a curse that increases our damage by a lot and is therefor very important!

- Watchers Eye Jewel -
item here
EXPENSIVE Price - Watchers Eye Jewels can be rolled with many different unique modifiers that enhance certain auras. The specific one we want on this Jewel is the moidifer:

% to Damage Over Time Multiplier While Affected by Malevolence

- Forbidden Flame & Flesh -
EXPENSIVE Price - These Jewels can be EXTREMELY expensive and is not required in anyway or form for this build. These items are only there if you have money to invest and want to become even tankier if you truly enjoy this build and want to have anything to invest into.

Good combinations of Flame & Flesh Jewels are ones that give the Ascendancy Nodes:
"Gathering Winds"
"Avatar of the Slaughter".

Gem Upgrades Again
Spoiler

IMPORTANT - Now since we are trying to push our damage even further we aim for Level 21, 20% Quality Gems and in some cases we now aim for Awakened Gems.

The Awakened Gems can only go up to level 5, so therefor our aim is to get level 5 and 20% Quality Awakened Gems. But leveling these gems can be difficult and buying them at high level can be pricey. So even having Level 1, 20% Quality Awakened Gems is fine.

6-Link Bow

We upgrade our Toxic Rain to level 21 with 20% Quality Gems higher damage. And we also upgrade our Void Manipulation and Vicious Projectiles to the Awakened versions. And lastly we add an Empower Gem in order to increase the level and therefor damage of our Toxic Rain.

Spoiler

Stage 3 Skill Tree ~ Level 97

PoB for Stage 3 ~ Level 95: https://pobb.in/mtrilWGCW7H_

Endgame Min-Maxing - Stage 4
Spoiler

This section will not have any Gear, Gems or Skilltree sections because if you are going to Min-Max I assume you are very used to understanding how PoB works and how to build your character.

Min-Maxed Endgame PoB: https://pobb.in/AzsNDC_oy_VH

TLDR;
Spoiler

"Hey Bergerbrush, I don't wanna read all the beginner stuff as I am an experienced PoE player but I still wanna play this guide"

Skill Gem Setups & Gear can easily be found under the Early Mapping - Stage 1 section.

Then gear Upgrades as you go along can be found easily in the Midgame Mapping - Stage 2 section and in the Endgame Mapping & Bosses - Stage 3 section.

Otherwise you can just pop open any of the PoB's which contains Skill Tree's, Gear Setups and Skill Gem Setups.

Leveling PoB: https://pastebin.com/Quth5mg5

Stage 1 & 2 PoB: https://pobb.in/1CrORdGQT56t

Stage 3 PoB: https://pobb.in/mtrilWGCW7H_

Min-Maxed PoB: https://pobb.in/AzsNDC_oy_VH

Pathfinder Version
I am also adding a pathfinder version here that is easier to gear, has determination for more tankiness when getting hit, and also has constant flask uptime on almost all flasks, making the character extremely easy to play!

This version has lower damage and less movement speed though, so keep that in mind if you wanna play it!

Pathfinder PoB: https://pobb.in/kTeNJ5-S5Gwc
Last edited by Bergerbrush on Aug 29, 2023, 7:52:01 AM
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2023, 10:22:35 AM
reserved
reserved
Hello and thanks for this build. I haven't played in a few years and figured I'd try something new. Quick questions:

1) The early mapping tree build doesn't have Fatal Toxins and Swift Venoms. Do you really spend refund points to undo those?

2) The image links for stage 2 and stage 3 skill trees are for the witch. What's going on?
"
Hello and thanks for this build. I haven't played in a few years and figured I'd try something new. Quick questions:

1) The early mapping tree build doesn't have Fatal Toxins and Swift Venoms. Do you really spend refund points to undo those?

2) The image links for stage 2 and stage 3 skill trees are for the witch. What's going on?

1) Yes you do^^ As Poisonous Concoction is REALLY strong to level with, I would suggest to level with it for this build. And then you would refund the specific points for PC and get Bow nodes and so on.

2) I took the structure for this build from another build I have, because I spent a lot of time making that structure that I want for my forum guides. So as it says in Stage 1 - Gear and as it says in Updates. This forum guide isn't 100% finished yet as I am redoing the guide specifically for the Toxic Rain.

Everything up until Stage 1 - Gear is finished.
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
"

1) Yes you do^^ As Poisonous Concoction is REALLY strong to level with, I would suggest to level with it for this build. And then you would refund the specific points for PC and get Bow nodes and so on.

2) I took the structure for this build from another build I have, because I spent a lot of time making that structure that I want for my forum guides. So as it says in Stage 1 - Gear and as it says in Updates. This forum guide isn't 100% finished yet as I am redoing the guide specifically for the Toxic Rain.

Update #2

Finished nearly everything in all stages. Just need to finewrite some of the text in the gear/gems of stage 2 & 3. And need to link similar placeholder items.

Guide is 85% finished at this point.
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
"

Update #2

Finished nearly everything in all stages. Just need to finewrite some of the text in the gear/gems of stage 2 & 3. And need to link similar placeholder items.

Guide is 85% finished at this point.

Guide is now 100% finished!

Enjoy everyone!
I made Raider TR in Kalandra league. I killed all ubers with him but in most cases needed more then 1 portal and sometimes even all. It's a good quick build but TR champion is more tankier and can farm all content.

Some tips. Mark of Submission ring is the best in terms of DPS, if you can have enough resitance elsewhere definately use it. After this patch nerf to curse on hit (increased effect was removed) it's far supperior.

Another good option for helm is The Devouring Diadem, it solves most of the mana issues and with Eldrich Battery you can use 4th aura with 50% mana reservation. I put grace/determination/haste/enlighten in my helm and then malevolance linked with divine blessing and inspiration support somwhere else. As this build is stacking skill effect duration I'm having 23s uptime of malevolance on single use.

Here's my current setup on Champion but I would use almost the same thing on Raider (besiade affixes for frenzy charge generation).

This build will be updated for 3.21 :)
PoB Updates will hopefully be out tomorrow, guide updates will take a bit longer due to time restraints!

Also will try to make a video update before league start for anyone that wants to play this! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info