Storm Call Occultist, more than I was expecting. Also, purple

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share a build that I'm currently working on. Pretty off-meta, since it's Storm Call, Occultist.

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8QUpZ9rxs4

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/dante00151.

Pro's
+Off-meta
+Screen wide clear and pops
+Giga tanky thanks to Sap
+Purple MTX

Con's
-Expensive to reach decent numbers
-Kinda has a hard cap on damage scaling

Gear
Spoiler
The idea of the build is to go CI with Incandescent Heart. CI gives is Chaos damage immunity, and Incandescent Heart makes it so that 25% of the elemental damage we take from hits is taken as Chaos damage, and since we're immune to that, we straight up mitigate 25% damage. Combined with Ruby, Sapphire and a Topaz flask which make us take 20% less damage of that specific element, makes the build very tanky.

Phys damage is mitigated by max block, high armor, and in the future, Endurance Charges, I say in the future, since the current iteration of the build has no way of generating them.

Aegis is another big part of the build, has high Armour value, good block, and you recover energy shield equal to 2% of armour when we block, being max block we can sustain ES pretty much all the time. The Divine Shield Keystone also is a great addition to the build.

Algor Mortis is the go-to glove for this build. We will chill enemies with Frost Shield and while enemies are chilled, we can Sap them to give us a big defensive buff, since Sap reduces the damage enemies do by a considerable amount. It's also fantastic offensive wise, since enemies that we chill take increased lightning damage.

Jewels
Spoiler
For jewels there is not a lot of room for customization I'm afraid as all of the jewel slots are used up by unique jewels, so we don't get a lot of crit multi.

We're using a Militant Faith under Dominus to get the "Inner Conviction" keystone which gives us 3% more spell damage per Power Charge, and at the moment we're rocking 8 power charges. This is socketed next to Paint Attunement and also gives us a decent chunk of Aura Effect and Reduced Mana Cost of Skills, thanks to devotion.

To reduced the Duration of Storm Call and have it strike the ground as soon as possible. I've opted to go for a Magebane Impossible Escape and take Exceptional Performance and the 2 other small points, reducing duration of Storm Call by 25%.

Forbidden Flesh & Flame which gives us Heart of Destruction is a very nice QOL and DPS increase. The more AOE the better, and Convergence is amazing for this build.

Gem Links
Spoiler
For the gems, we're scaling the levels of Storm Call to get high amounts of flat lightning damage. At the moment of making this guide, Storm Call is currently level 30. To achieve this, we're using a +3 Incandescent Heart, and inside we put Storm Call - Awakened Spell Cascade - Awakened Spell Echo - Power Charge on Crit - Anomalous Inspiration - Empower

Auras are Enlighten - Zealotry - Divergent Tempest Shield - Determination

Another aura setup is Herald of Thunder - Enlighten - Defiance Banner - Discipline (Discipline is given to us by the Aegis corruption since the build is very socket starved)

Our divine blessing setup goes likes this:
Divergent Divine Blessing - Divergent Inspiration - Anomalous Increased Duration - Anomalous Wrath. We need the alternate quality gems to reduced the cost of Wrath to 0, to ensure a 100% uptime of the skill.

For Mobility to fit the thematic of the build, we're going to use Lightning Warp linked to Less Duration - Faster Casting

And last but not least, the utility skills we are using are Vaal Righteous Fire - Anomalous Assassin's Mark - Frost Shield[/span] - Molten Shell

POB:

This is my 1st time posting on the forum, if you have any suggestions or recommendation on what to include/exclude next time, let me know.

Thank you!
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2023, 2:31:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info