Damage Taken Recently Displayed on Death

Pretty sure maybe someone has suggested this before but I will give this suggestion again anyway.

I think something like the death log in LoL but much simpler may be sufficient and hopefully not too complicated to program. Essentially it would just be a little display right above or below the respawn button showing a little chart that displays the total amount of damage taken within the past 4 seconds, split between the 5 damage types (physical, chaos, 3 elements, plus one more for darkness if in delve). The length of each type bar would be proportional to its ratio with the type with the highest damage taken. The bars can have a further split (i.e., be a stacked bar chart) showing hit versus DOT damage taken recently. On the right of the bar then a small table showing the core defensive stats of the character (resistances, evasion, armour, PDR from non-armour sources, life, ES, mana, block and suppression chances) and a list of active buffs and debuffs can be shown at the point of death.

Example:

Would this be easier to implement than a true death log? Something like having another 11 lists or queues with fixed lengths for 5 damage types from hits and from DOTs and delve darkness. Every server tick when the server updates whatever it needs to update anyway, a new entry in these lists can be added to store the damage taken in that tick and the oldest entry popped out if the list is full. The additional status table to the right can then just display whatever is already being tracked in the state of the character at the point of death. Trust players to themselves be aware of what changes have happened to their character just before death.

Just making this suggestion because I guess except for the hardcore players going too fast and filling the screen with too many explosions to really know what's happening to their character, more casual players would probably want to know instead which aspect of their defence is failing them.
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2022, 9:42:09 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info