Inquisitor vs. Elementalist

Hello all Together,
the new League is coming up soon and i plan to play more active in this League.

On POE.ninja i see that Inquisitor is by far the most Chosen Class in 3.19 and i wanted to ask, why. I mainly played Melee Chars in the past but also often had any Elementalist like Arc and so on... how ever.

My Question is, why is Inquisitor so strong for example compared to Elementalist?
The starting Point for me feels a little more bad then Elementalist but thats not really relevant.

Inquisitor grants a much stronger Concentrated Ground, a worse version of it you get in general when using Zealotry so this is an advantage but only a "stronger" Version of something you get for free from a more or less "basic Aura".

The "Ignore to Resistences from Crits" combined with CritRate depending from Str/Int feel very very strong for me! So i think that is the main Purpose of choosing Inquisitor.

Elementalist grants AutoAllignements and/or a very strong Shield and/or massive Golem Buffs.

On the Defence Side both look more or less similar to me (some Meatshield from Golems + PhysReduction from Golem and maybe Live Replanish from Golem stands here vs. Consecrated Ground... so maybe the Defense of Elementalist is already leading over Inqui).

Im planing to start with Arc and then transform in any Type of BladeVortex Conversion (Fire or cold, but for Cold i think i should choose Occultist).

Can you give me some Advice, why so many People choose Inquisitor?

Thanks and stay save Exiles!

Last bumped on Dec 1, 2022, 7:00:06 AM
It's not about being strong, it's about meta (most popular builds).

Just RF inquisitors are being played more than all elementalist builds in total. Bc it's extremely comfortable to play.

If you take a proper look at poe.ninja, you will see that inq and ele mostly use different skills.

You won't find Explosive Arrow ballista inquisitor unlike elementalists, which are the best ascendancy for it. On the other hand, spark on elementalist isn't as good as on inquisitor.

And so on.

It's about skills and builds. Some suit better for inq, others for ele.

If you are a novice, you don't need to go that deep.

However, as things are now, inquisitor is just tankier, while deal similar amount of damage. Massive double regen for life and ES shits on everything that elementalist can offer for defence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info