Need help with Self-Chill Spark build

I watched jungroan's self-chill spark inquis video and found it interesting. So I rerolled my RF inquis into self-chill spark inquis. I still have 5 divines left from my RF inquis but the spark build is so squishy I cant even clear regular T16 maps which I have been easily clearing with my RF before (I'm obviously doing something wrong cause jungroan makes the build work with a little more than 1 div). The thing is I have been doing so much trades for gear lately that I'm completely lost about how can I improve the defenses of this build with 5 div. I will share the PoB below if there are any tips you can give me I would appreciate it.
edit: PoB: https://pobb.in/1jr9MFeE7Ymv
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2023, 6:31:49 PM
one big thing is that your chaos resistance is too low, you are killing yourself with forbidden rite, need to get close to 50%, as high as you can before the chill effect is less than 30%.

Since shock makes you take more damage, anytime you are shocked, you'll get killed by forbidden rite. So get the minor pantheon for Soul of Garukhan for the 60% reduced shock effect.

I also try not to run Righteous Fire unless I'm fighting the boss, as my life regen isn't great.

Ideally one would get an 8-link spark glove, then use enlighten in the chest to fit in tempest shield, which would grant spell block and immune to shock.

I also just put tornado-frost bomb-arcane surge into a lvl 1 CWDT so get more damage and automate the casting.

Also need to invest in getting more armor and leveling up your gems, maybe just pay some extra for corrupted 20/20 Spark and determination ?

Also make sure you use your frost Shield as much as you can. I use this build to run Heist and T16 maps since it is fast. It is doing OK but needs more investment to feel tanky.
https://pastebin.com/pk5T28Pd tryied inves in this build. DPS isn't even close to examplr from video. where is my mistake?
I did the same thing as you, had a pretty good RF build just got bored. Started on the budget spark self chill and realised you really need to go between hybrid and high spec build to have any real fun and not one shot all the time.

Few things as other mentioned, choas res needs to be higher. Need this in helm with 3 + spark projectiles enchant. Influence your helm, body, boots. Good way to get extra res if needed, haste affect, auras, mana rev or what you need. can be lesser just to get going.
Look at saving up for a spell supress, onslaught body armour, phys damage reduction enchant.

Once you have more currency you can go for corrupted gloves and rinds, i have extra res and poison or bleeding immunity (These are reasonably expensive)

Glorious vanity is good way to get extra resits too, until you are in position to really optimize gear.

Send me your char name, i have a old Helm Spark fires 3 projectiles,choas res,regen,life, projectiles pierce helm and a 6 link body, life, fire res, regen, 6 sec onslaught, phys damage reduction
Both with low haste inc affect and aura effect on them. ill do you a really good deal.

That should help it start to feel better.
In his video what he explains what is nececary for the self chill spark build, i understood the two rings however i missed what he said last to double chill duration and have a chill infinite loop
Can anyone tell me what the third thing is?
You need the trigger on the wand with 4sec CD so and lethe shade on the passive tree together with void and winter rings. With the trigger you cast Forbidden Rite, which then chills you with the void ring (all damage can chill you). Winterweave makes it so the chill effect is reversed. And Lethe Shade increases the chill duration to 4 second. So you always chill yourself.

Some thing for you to think about:

-Your Moltenshell is lv 1. Molten Shell shield is based off level
-All your other gems are not leveled
-Your gear is really bad
-The build is not tanky, even with investment. It´s not ment to be tanky. It´s about to be fast.

One thing for you to consider is that when he made that video for 1 Div no one knew about this build. Things got more expensive as the build got more popular.
So, never believe what someone says about the budget of a build. Not here in the forum, nor on stream or youtube. This build is straight up expensive.
Last edited by koskesh539 on Dec 29, 2022, 5:56:14 PM
"
muzimuzi42 wrote:
one big thing is that your chaos resistance is too low, you are killing yourself with forbidden rite, need to get close to 50%, as high as you can before the chill effect is less than 30%.

Since shock makes you take more damage, anytime you are shocked, you'll get killed by forbidden rite. So get the minor pantheon for Soul of Garukhan for the 60% reduced shock effect.

I also try not to run Righteous Fire unless I'm fighting the boss, as my life regen isn't great.

Ideally one would get an 8-link spark glove, then use enlighten in the chest to fit in tempest shield, which would grant spell block and immune to shock.

I also just put tornado-frost bomb-arcane surge into a lvl 1 CWDT so get more damage and automate the casting.

Also need to invest in getting more armor and leveling up your gems, maybe just pay some extra for corrupted 20/20 Spark and determination ?

Also make sure you use your frost Shield as much as you can. I use this build to run Heist and T16 maps since it is fast. It is doing OK but needs more investment to feel tanky.

That was very helpful, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info