Diablo Immoral - Player Ingame Purchases Revoke LMFAO!

Diablo Immortal players that purchased Eternal Orbs from third-party websites have had their in-game purchases revoked, leaving them with massive debts that many can't pay off.

One such player, a high-level Wizard named Shia, received a -2,491,025 Orb debt that would have cost over $35,000 to repay.

https://www.thegamer.com/blizzard-revokes-third-party-diablo-immortal-orb-purchases/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmortal/comments/x2py2i/happening_right_now_3rd_party_orbs_massive_refunds/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmortal/comments/x2m98c/massive_payment_revoking/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmortal/comments/x30295/blizzard_here_is_my_feedback_and_suggestion_for/

But I'm sure Diablo 4 will be fine guys /S :D
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2022, 7:31:27 PM
That's absolutely hilarious! The teenager in me wants to say #rekt. Blizzard gets props with me for doing this.
Amusing.

The game (and other predatory games like it) needs to burn in hellfire though.
Украина в моём сердце
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
That's absolutely hilarious! The teenager in me wants to say #rekt. Blizzard gets props with me for doing this.

I wouldn't give Blizzard props for enforcing their own pay to win system. If people were stealing/abusing credit cards - etc, Blizzard should work with authorities to prosecute them. If they do that, I will give them props.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Sep 20, 2022, 8:23:24 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

I wouldn't give Blizzard props for enforcing their own pay to win system. If people were stealing/abusing credit cards - etc, Blizzard should work with authorities to prosecute them. If they do that, I will give them props.

What the fuck? Blizzard, or any other digital sales company for that matter, should not be diving into law enforcement. Fraud and theft like this should be handled by the credit card companies, and the authorities. Blizzard should report and suspend/lock accounts per their terms, but no, they should not be involved in person to person theft cases in the legal system. That's so completely ridiculous.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

I wouldn't give Blizzard props for enforcing their own pay to win system.

Gaming has been totally trashed by this type of model for the people who're real gamers, so I hold the whales who're shoring it up with nothing but utter and complete contempt. So, when a whale gets #rekt, props to whoever delivers it for whatever reasons, or no reason at all.

This type of model would have been dead in the water had there not been whale simps shoring it up. It wouldn't exist if there wasn't a market for it, therefore, it's more logical to hold the ones accountable for it who're shoring it up.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 20, 2022, 3:46:17 PM
Do remember that many whales are depressed/etc and are being predatorily targeted. Someone mentally unsound can easily be caught in a loop and end up spending all of their minimum wage paycheck on some addiction. Gambling's the original one like this but P2W and gacha games are the same beast in different clothing.
Украина в моём сердце
Well, if somebody cant control the urges to spend every peny into a P2W game, it stands to reason that person woudnt be able to control alcohool, or prostitutes, or wathever escape mechanism they pick...

People who spend out of control are people who should be spending on the psychiatric, but everyone is free to make their own mistakes. At least these people are not running over people while driving drunk or paying criminals by drowning their sorrows in drugs

If it was not a gacha game, it would be something else. The only ones that maybe can do something about those people are their family and closed ones, and if they cant or are not willing to, then... well, its money that will go somewhere... might as well be on a videogame that keeps them outside legal trouble at least
Right, but I was posting that in response to a claim that it's the whales' fault these things exist. That's victim blaming.

When bringing up personal responsibility and shaming other people's behavior, remember to shame and impose responsibility on those who exploit others and not their victims. The one with the most power and agency in a situation holds the most responsibility.
Украина в моём сердце
"
kaijyuu2 wrote:
Right, but I was posting that in response to a claim that it's the whales' fault these things exist. That's victim blaming.

When bringing up personal responsibility and shaming other people's behavior, remember to shame and impose responsibility on those who exploit others and not their victims. The one with the most power and agency in a situation holds the most responsibility.

I would say this is one instance where victim blaming is adequate...(I dont think there is a single "rule" that stands true for every situation and even victim-blaming as wrong is no exception)
People who exploit others in this kind of situation are hardly to blame... even if it is repreensible on moral perspective and they are ideed taking advantage of a situation, it is ultimately still a situation that they neither created, nor they are perpetuating it. Its hardly different than alcohool or most addictions, really, even if its morally dubious that the tobaco ou alcohol industry exists, its still ultimately the users fault for indulging in a self-destructive escape mechanism

Yeah, i know its easy for me to say when im not the one suffering from it, but in the end, it was their choice to hop into it. Circunstances around it might explain the choice, but dont exempt them from responsability from those choices, we all are to blame for bad decisions we made, especially when the negative consequences are plain(you could say that people were not at fault when they decided to smoke back on the days the info about the health impacts was not there, but you cant say the same thing today. Indulging in excessive gaming is no different. Spending more than you can afford and general impulsive spending is entirely on the "victim")

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info