[3.19] Relic of the Pact Perma-Freeze Heatshiver Inquisitor

Hello and welcome to my Blood Sacrament/Relic of the Pact Inquisitor using cold conversion and Heatshiver to scale damage.

Path of Building 3.20 Updated
https://pastebin.com/q43nqrbW

Video Guide
https://youtu.be/mg8VtiF_LaE

Build of the Week Feature
https://youtu.be/n2-QGQCnRLk

Relic of the Pact is a wand that grants a skill called Blood Sacrament, which is a channeling spell that reserves life, gains stages, then deals physical damage in an area around you based on the amount of life reserved. The base reservation cost is 2% but can be scaled up by gems socketed in the wand and general modifiers to reservation. It has a 0.35s cooldown and 0.2s cast time.

For this build we want to get the reservation to just over 50% so that the spell will go off after one stage since it wont let you reserve your full hp and leave the remaining 50% life as eHP along with using Petrified Blood, paired with some energy shield and Inquisitor ES regen. And to maximize the cast rate we will get some cooldown recovery rate on belt and boots to get the CD down to 0.26s and aim for a cast time of 0.13s, i.e half of the cooldown time since we will be using second wind to gain 2 cooldown uses. This reservation plus Petrified Blood also puts us at low life for Pain Attunement.

This skill was introduced in Ultimatum but hasn't been available in temporary leagues since then, and when they introduced it back again now in 3.19 they made some changes to the skill, like adding a cooldown. Not a lot of other people are using the skill since it was changed, so theres not a lot of information about it out there, so most of this info comes from my own testing and could be flawed or incorrect, but to the best of my understanding thats how it works.

This build requires a bunch of uniques so it is very much not a leaguestarter and not really a budget build, having spent about 15-20 divines on it myself.

I also would not recommend this to new players as there are some unintuitive mechanics going on and the playstyle can be a bit unforgiving with having pretty low defences.

The build is not viable for uber bosses but I have cleared all regular bosses like Maven, Sirus and Uber Elder deathless, so if you're looking to do uber content or wave 30 simulacrum this is not the right build, at least not at my level of investment, possibly with a setup using The Squire.

But the build is a lot of fun and though its not super well rounded it does shine in some areas, its great for farming guardians and invitations, and can perma-freeze t16 bosses and for example breach bosses in The Hidden invitation.

Bosses like Shaper that has "Cannot be fully Slowed" does still count as being frozen for the purpose of Heatshiver's extra damage, provided you hit their ailment threshold, but for example breachlords can be completely frozen to where they can't attack or move.

So if you're looking for a fun and unique build and want to try out this skill that hasn't been available in temporary leagues since Ultimatum league hopefully this guide will be helpful!

Required Uniques
Spoiler
These are what you need to get the build going mechanically, Relic of the Pact ofcourse to get the skill, Hrimsorrow for 100% cold conversion, Essence Worm to increase Blood Sacraments reservation, Heatshiver for big damage and Expedition's End to freeze pretty much anything in the game

Optional but highly recommended Uniques
Spoiler
Saffel's Frame is great for spell mitigation since we can't really get spell suppression since we are using so many uniques, The Torrent's Reclamation for CDR and cast speed, and Aul's Uprising to fit in another offensive aura, without Aul's you have to pick between Zealotry and Hatred, Hatred gives more damage but Zealotry can enable getting cast speed from a Watcher's Eye.

Rares
Spoiler
On your ring you want to get resists, life, dexterity, and preferably some cast speed, chaos res is very nice since we are pretty weak to chaos damage. On boots you want Shaper boots for increased Cooldown Recovery Rate, aswell as some life and resists and preferably movement speed.

Flasks
Spoiler
Taste of Hate is great for damage and mitigation, Bottled Faith gives a lot of damage, Quartz Flask is nice for mapping, same with Jade flask but they can be switched out depending on the situation. You also want an instant life flask with bleed removal.

Jewels
Spoiler
I mostly use jewels to cap out my resists, but you also want life and preferably some spell damage, crit, or cast speed. My 2 mod Watcher's Eye was only 1 divine, depending on your other gear Zealotry cast speed is probably more important to make sure you get the right amount of cast speed.

Main Gem links
Spoiler
For your Blood Sacrament you want Awakened Increased Area of Effect for more AoE and damage, Second Wind for double cast rate, and Arrogance because it has good reservation multiplier to get us just over 50%, preferable Divergent Arrogance for 10% increased damage. If you can't afford Awakened Increased Area, use Increased Crital Damage instead for bosses and regular Increased Area for clear.

Other Gem Links
Spoiler
For movement we use Shield Charge with lifetap and faster attacks, and Frostblink. Assasin's Mark as our curse with mark on hit and lifetap. Immortal Call with CWDT, Increased duration and lifetap. And we also use Vortex with Unbound Ailments and Bonechill for more damage and to get Arcane Surge, you can bind this to left click since it is instant. For auras we have Grace, Petrified Blood and a low level Vitality with Enlighten, Zealotry in Essence Worm so that its free, Hatred is also free because of Aul's, then lastly a level 1 Precision for some extra increased crit chance.

Pantheons
Spoiler
Use Soul of the Brine King and Soul of Garukhan, unless you're in a specific situation where you really need to use something else.

Leveling
Spoiler
I recommend using Storm Brand to level and have included leveling trees in the PoB. You could also use Armageddon Brand/Cremation which is a popular way to level casters. I don't really recommend using Blood Sacrament until you have all the required uniques, although you can technically use it from level 24 but I don't think its a very pleasant leveling experience.

Bandits
Spoiler
Help Alira, this build usually needs some resists anyway, maybe in a higher budget setup you could kill all instead

Let me know if I missed something or if you have any questions about the build!
Last edited by Frost666 on Feb 23, 2023, 5:26:29 PM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2023, 6:03:50 PM
Hi first post was wondering why no forbidden flesh jewel on the build? seems like most players use it
"
Chinchanpu wrote:
Hi first post was wondering why no forbidden flesh jewel on the build? seems like most players use it

The most useful one is probably Conviction of Power. This build needs the physical mitigation big time, and permanent power charge will help to create more consistent freezes.
3.9 Ball lightning miner https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2722511
3.4 Scorching Ray totems https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129884
3.4 Champion facebreaker warchief totem https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2240387
can we make an Elementalist version of this ?
Grats on build of the week, awesome build!
"
Arichist wrote:
Grats on build of the week, awesome build!
Thanks! Diddn't expect this at all :D
"
bhwung wrote:
"
Chinchanpu wrote:

The most useful one is probably Conviction of Power. This build needs the physical mitigation big time, and permanent power charge will help to create more consistent freezes.
Yep thats correct, It's super expensive though so I diddn't really wanna include it in the guide as to not price most people out of the build. But very strong if you can afford it!
"
daulabuci wrote:
I think it would be hard to get a good amount of penetration on any other ascendancy, also the ES regen is really nice from inquis, but im sure its possible to make it work on some other ascendancies too.
"
Frost666 wrote:
"
daulabuci wrote:
I think it would be hard to get a good amount of penetration on any other ascendancy, also the ES regen is really nice from inquis, but im sure its possible to make it work on some other ascendancies too.

If you wanted to do a Witch you'd probably be better off with Occultist, Void Beacon and Frigid Wake would be solid since you're going to be right up in enemies' faces anyway and Wicked Ward is solid regen.
Congrats on BotW....what are your thoughts about incorporating Righteous fire into the build? Do you think it has a place?
Last edited by xNxBxDx on Oct 4, 2022, 9:02:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info