Elemental Spectral Helix - Trickster or Deadeye?

I'm interested in the thoughts of some more experienced people. Searching for a league starter, I quite liked this Deadeye version of nightblade elemental spectral helix of Jungroan (Video, PoB).

In this PoB already though, Jungroan naturally allocated ten different types of masteries, and actually has the notables skilled for two more. Obviously one thinks of the new Trickster immediately... I changed the tree a bit, to have now 13 different types of masteries allocated, and it seems quite good to me (PoB). On paper the damage is very similar, but there are a couple of major changes, which might still make this less viable:

1. To include Far Shot, which seems like a massive damage boost, I am using the Fledgling. (This definitely is an achievable unique, I like doing heists, and can farm it myself.) The problem with that is, that I'm losing the simultaneous Tornado and Hydrosphere on Focus. This is only problematic for bosses though. How important are they, in your opinion? (I could still manually cast both...)

2. I'm losing quite some life and the damage mitigation from gale force. I will have more ES, but I'm not sure whether that will make up for it... (Also I will have a lot(!) more regeneration. Still, single hits and bosses without mobs will be more scary...)

In general I think the Trickster version could be even a bit better for mapping etc., because of the regeneration, and it will likely have more damage against many mobs: A large portion of the calculated damage in the PoB comes from Assassins Mark, which is stronger for the Deadeye (I'm making up a bit for it, by choosing a different Mark Mastery - on second thought, I guess I should keep the Frenzy generation...). Also, because Trickster is getting more damage via the "more" multiplier, all additional damage from the projectile mastery will have a bigger effect.

I'm definitely not going for uber bosses, I want to mostly map, do some heists (I'm even thinking about dropping One with Evil for Fleetfoot...) - I want to be able to do all normal bosses, though... This should still be possible, or not? I would be happy about thoughts and tips. :) Maybe though, it's just better to play the Deadeye version; it will still be new for me.

Minor stuff:
I'm aware that this build is not fully working as is, because of the changes to reservation (using Fleetfoot I could have the Grace reservation efficiency - maybe I have to switch the anoint to Sovereignity though; even less life...-.-), the ES mod for the body armor won't exist, and Fledgling is not optimal for Escape Artist... Probably one or two other points, I mostly copy pasted, and looked at the tree...
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2022, 1:32:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info