I'm really interested in seeing how the gravestones from the $90 Rogue support pack impact FPS

I don't know about you guys but for me corpses = bad (for FPS)

I noticed that the gravestone MTX from the Rogue support pack appears to clear out the super-detailed corpses and replace them with relatively simple, repetitive gravestone markers. This gives me tremendous hope that it would be a huge FPS improvement for me - one that I could apply to literally every build from now on.

It's too bad that I don't like a single other thing in that support pack, though. So If you've already tried out this MTX let us all know if it feels like a net FPS improvement (or even better, invite me into a map to see for myself :P).
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2022, 5:25:42 PM
"
Fightgarr wrote:
I don't know about you guys but for me corpses = bad (for FPS)

I noticed that the gravestone MTX from the Rogue support pack appears to clear out the super-detailed corpses and replace them with relatively simple, repetitive gravestone markers. This gives me tremendous hope that it would be a huge FPS improvement for me - one that I could apply to literally every build from now on.

It's too bad that I don't like a single other thing in that support pack, though. So If you've already tried out this MTX let us all know if it feels like a net FPS improvement (or even better, invite me into a map to see for myself :P).

Now I'm interested as well. I thought about it wrong till I read your post, I guess I thought it would make FPS way worse with corpses and graves, but they do sink below the ground quickly.

Also are we blowing up graves with things like bone offering now?
"
sumfight wrote:
Now I'm interested as well. I thought about it wrong till I read your post, I guess I thought it would make FPS way worse with corpses and graves, but they do sink below the ground quickly.

yeah the idea (I THOUGHT) was that the gravestones are surrogates for the corpses, so if your build needs to target a corpse you just target the appropriate gravestone instead.

Unfortunately, having now tested this MTX in several maps, it doesn't work very well - I made a reddit post if you want the details, but basically it just doesn't trigger for a large percentage of kills, and you end up with a huge mess on your screen. So it's not good for either FPS or aesthetics currently. Do Not Recommend until they fix it.
"
Fightgarr wrote:
"
sumfight wrote:

yeah the idea (I THOUGHT) was that the gravestones are surrogates for the corpses, so if your build needs to target a corpse you just target the appropriate gravestone instead.

Unfortunately, having now tested this MTX in several maps, it doesn't work very well - I made a reddit post if you want the details, but basically it just doesn't trigger for a large percentage of kills, and you end up with a huge mess on your screen. So it's not good for either FPS or aesthetics currently. Do Not Recommend until they fix it.

Appreciate you testing it out.

I went to the bug form and saw you submitted it, I copied it over for you from reddit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info