[3.18] Poison Detonate Dead Build | Occultist | Sentinel | Path of Exile 3.18

Hey guys, poison detonate dead occultist build is here. Using Corpsewalker to spawn corpses. Converting fire damage to chaos damage to be able to poison enemies. Damage is not insane or anything but it's good enough to kill things.

Build Cost
- Medium Budget: 20-50 ex

Mana:
- Non-Channelling Skills have # to Total Mana Cost mod on rings
- Replica Conqueror's Efficiency
- Divergent Inspiration

Chaos Conversion:
- +69%, Anomalous Detonate Dead (23 quality)
- +30% The Consuming Dark

Poison Chance:
- +60%, The Consuming Dark
- +20%, Herald of Agony
- +25%, Skill Tree

Resists: Elemental resists are capped at 90% thanks to Melding of the Flesh. In this case we use Purity of Ice + Aegis Aurora combo to increase max cold res.
- +9% to max cold res, Purity of Ice (Level 23 and inc aura effects)
- +5% to max cold res, Aegis Aurora
- +1% to max cold res, Glove Implicit

Stun Immunity: Awakened Cast While Channelling
- Avoid Interruption from Stuns While Using Supported Skills

Leveling: I recommend you level with spellslinger ed/contagion with 6l blight setup until level 68 or 70. Leveling gems and trees are in the video.

Leveling Uniques:
- Tabula Rasa
- Poet's Pen
- Praxis (x2)
- Goldrim
- Lochtonial Caress
- Belt of the Deciever
- Karui Ward

PoB: https://pastebin.com/UTDtiTpi

Build Video: https://youtu.be/SlYHG0Kch64

Bandits: Kill All

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Cyclone (Divergent) - Cast While Channelling (Awakened) - Detonate Dead (Anomalous) - Unbound Ailments (Awakened) - Elemental Focus (Awakened) - Inspiration (Divergent)

Vaal Discipline - Determination - Malevolence - Enlighten (Lvl 3)

Molten Shell (Anomalous) - Withering Step (Anomalous) - Plague Bearer (Divergent) - Enhance

Herald of Agony / Defiance Banner / Flame Dash / Tempest Shield

Reckoning (Anomalous) - Hextouch - Temporal Chains

Purity of Ice - Arrogance - Empower (Lvl 3)
Last edited by wishdropper on Jul 7, 2022, 12:12:02 PM
Last bumped on Sep 15, 2022, 2:46:26 PM
I play a version of this with 2 legacy consuming darks. (Maybe 30 EX total for the build) You can see my complete build in my profile.

Gems: Awakened Void Manipulation, Awakened Cast on Channel, Cyclone, Vaal Detonate Dead, Life Tap, Cruelty

Auras: Determination, Purity of Elements, Vitality (lv1) with a Watchers Eye jewel with +1% leech

With 8.7k HP.

The damage from the corpse explosions is now 8.1% (GEM) and building for chaos damage helps the Oculist chance for corpse explode a lot.

I can't recommend Vaal Detonate Dead enough over the anomalous. Vaal DD crushes bosses, abysses, and delves.

I have used the Aegis instead of 2 Consuming Darks, but the defense/block is not worth the extra damage/clear.
Last edited by Archmonoth on Sep 15, 2022, 2:48:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info