FSR on Linux easier then ever

Over the past few days Glorious Eggroll has been hard at work releasing 3(technically 4) new versions of Proton GE. The latest (that was re-released because it didn't have some patches, for PoE of all thing) now brings FSR to a whole new level of ease of use.

If you are playing Path of Exile on Linux and have trouble with your FPS going bellow what you like consider at least trying Proton GE 23 and it's new FSR implementation.

With just one command in the steam POE Properties Proton GE will introduce a new resolution in the POE (and many other game's) options menu. The command and the list of target resolutions are on Github under the latest release: https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/releases/tag/GE-Proton7-23

Also, remember to set your game in Fullscreen mode, FSR won't work in Borderless or Windowed Fullscreen.

Here's hoping this "cheat" won't be needed much longer and GGG will implement FSR in game natively.
Last bumped on Nov 16, 2022, 12:29:21 PM
Why Crossover works so much better than wine ?
"
d3admorozz wrote:
Why Crossover works so much better than wine ?

Crossover is based on wine. As for it working better, that's relative and depending on the software you intend to run. If it works better for PoE in your case keep using it. Both Proton and Proton GE work for me but GE has FSR and works better in a few cases so I use it as my default.
Any update or idea as to the performance gain from using FSR? I am getting 120fps on 1440p but my monitor is 165hz capable. I was wondering if I did 1440p with FSR on Linux if it would help me get over 165 fps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info