Challenge - While both The Shaper and You are Chilled

I failed 8 Shapers.How to be self chill ? Im Sabo trapper
Last bumped on Jul 11, 2022, 11:08:59 AM
from the reddit page

Spoiler
A bit tricky ... but achievable by using the aquamarine flask or Skitterbots. Just lower The Shaper life to low range, then get ready to the boss, use the aquamarine flask near it(make sure you don’t have chill immunity), make sure the boss is in the chilling ground then cull the boss to complete the challenge.
Another method is by using Summon Skitterbots to chill Shaper and then by standing on a vortex area yourself that was created from detonating those volatile anomalies to chill your character, doing this method while killing Shaper will complete this challenge too

Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on May 27, 2022, 11:39:43 AM
aquamarine flask doesnt work.i have low life regen and dieing too fast on the degen

Edit: 13 shaper kills so far
"
d1rtiq wrote:
aquamarine flask doesnt work.i have low life regen and dieing too fast on the degen

stand on a vortex while your skitterbots chill him
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
d1rtiq wrote:

i have low life regen and dieing too fast on the degen
"
d1rtiq wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
d1rtiq wrote:

i have low life regen and dieing too fast on the degen

then get a better build
That too is quite a conundrum for me.

Of course the Aquamarine trick works for chilling the Shaper, which can be done in quite a lot of ways - Strong chills, Elementalist's Shaper of Winter chills, Skitterbots, Chilling Areas, Phys damage while holding Soul Taker, you name it. Hell, you can go Siphoning Trap with a Cold Iron Point and the Shaper would still get chilled for the trap duration - apparently deal 0 cold damage does not prevent the fixed chill.

The self-chilling part gets me.

Yes, standing in one of his Vortex is a good way to be chilled, but as OP stated not all builds can withstand that DoT for enough time to land a culling blow. Tanking his Beam is out of question, and unless I missed it, Shaper's balls deal cold damage but do not actually chill - otherwise, Lethe Shade may help by doubling that (short?) chill duration, giving you more time.

There are only three other things that can self-reflect chill: the two Iron Rings, the ones that chill you while you are bleeding/poisoned, and The Fulcrum if you use something that chills. As a Sabo trapper, you could use a The Golden Rule and either give your trap a Chance to Poison gem if they are phys/chaos OR get an appropriate Volkuur's Guidance for the elemental damage you inflict. Not sure if Traps or proxies in general would could as "poison you inflict" for the sake of Golden Rule - I'd expect not, so perhaps in those cases you can try using some self-cast spell or a Brand, provided you are not going Ancestral Bond. Still sounds really iffy as a way to do this.

Am I missing some other very clever trick for this to work?
Try arcanist brand with a cold skill, cold snap, something like that to chill him. Retune your char or replace some gear just for the fight to out-regen a vortex long enough to cull/kill. Put on 4 health flasks if needed. Regular Shaper is an “easy” fight compared to other endgame bosses, so you have lots of wiggle room to sacrifice aspects of your build to tune it for the fight.

This is a “challenge,” not a “gimme.” I personally find it fun to retune things in order to finish a challenge. This league’s challenges require it (respecting atlas tree to target certain challenges). It’s much better than challenges that rely on RNG (I’m looking at you, Ultimatum).

You’ll get it eventually. Good luck!
I did it without thinking… so it can’t be that hard 🤠
Aquamarine flask doesn't chill *me* ... I don't have chill immunity. What am I doing wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info