consoles start a week after pc, AND 4 hours later in day?

the last few leagues i've been playing on xbox because i've been casual basically.

but it really annoys me that it comes out a week after the PC launch, AND ontop of that, it starts 4 hours later in the day. so I basically cant play much. who thought launching a league on wednesday night at 8pm est sounds like a good idea?

not to mention on console its almost 100% chance that they cant actually get the servers up until 9, sometimes even as late as 10PM dude. its insane

p.s. fix console trading wtf is wrong with you GGG its so fking bad please fix that shit

p.s.s i posted this in general and not console discusion because nobody looks at fking console discussion page jfl
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
Last bumped on May 18, 2022, 2:56:15 PM
Because pc is the primary platform for game development. Without that, you would never have a console port. But think about it, the master race is doing the console folks a favour by doing all the testing. Quit complaining and just be appreciative.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
oldmunchi wrote:

p.s.s i posted this in general and not console discusion because nobody looks at fking console discussion page jfl

Unfortunately nobody in general PC discussion will care about your console gripes, legitimate as they may be.

And for the record, there is no reason, other than the fear a new league will be a technical shitshow, that GGG couldnt get a certification for same day release as PC.

Its post launch patching that is super expensive through Sony and MS. So they give themselves a week or so to identify all the issues that pop up, so they can try and add to the console league launch patch. Anticipation of league not working right or balance fuck-ups before you even launch on PC is both hilarious and sad.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 18, 2022, 11:15:34 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
oldmunchi wrote:

Unfortunately nobody in general PC discussion will care about your console gripes, legitimate as they may be.

And for the record, there is no reason, other than the fear a new league will be a technical shitshow, that GGG couldnt get a certification for same day release as PC.

Its post launch patching that is super expensive through Sony and MS. So they give themselves a week or so to identify all the issues that pop up, so they can try and add to the console league launch patch. Anticipation of league not working right or balance fuck-ups before you even launch on PC is both hilarious and sad.

What do you mean GGG could get a same day certification if they wanted? Do you know this as a fact? Genuinely curious.
9 pm est according to in game. It's pretty annoying to be honest.
"
Bleu42 wrote:

What do you mean GGG could get a same day certification if they wanted? Do you know this as a fact? Genuinely curious.

Of course. All launches and patches are date driven (and even region time release) by the developer, not Sony or MS. Its why in almost all cases, there are no staggered launches, or seasons, even by platform, for basically any game I can think of.

All GGG has to do is get the approval in advance of whatever date they want. The staggered console/PC launch is entirely planned by GGG. The reasons, I'm definitely speculating, but the timing is definitely not something beyond their control.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:

Of course. All launches and patches are date driven (and even region time release) by the developer, not Sony or MS. Its why in almost all cases, there are no staggered launches, or seasons, even by platform, for basically any game I can think of.

All GGG has to do is get the approval in advance of whatever date they want. The staggered console/PC launch is entirely planned by GGG. The reasons, I'm definitely speculating, but the timing is definitely not something beyond their control.

Well this is where I think a common misunderstanding comes in. You can't ask for a patch approval without giving them the patch. A league is iterated on by GGG up until right before PC launch. They aren't finished with the patch a week or two early, which would give them time to get approval.

A cursory google search shows MS and Sony take at least 48 hours, with many sources saying 5 days or longer to approve new content. So if GGG isn't finished with the league content completely until even a day before PC launch, they literally don't have time for approval to achieve simultaneous launches.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

The only way to do that would be to postpone PC launch for a week. Warframe has the same delay for consoles.
"
Bleu42 wrote:

Well this is where I think a common misunderstanding comes in. You can't ask for a patch approval without giving them the patch. A league is iterated on by GGG up until right before PC launch

This isn't a misunderstanding. GGG's PC launch date is whenever the fuck they say it is.

If you tell me they cant submit a patch in advance of an arbitrary date they set for themselves, my head will explode. They could have, with the same timing, had everyone start this Friday if they just announced it that way to begin with. There wouldnt have been a delay if it never existed.

This is absurd logic I'm reading.

See you next Tuesday on Destiny 2's new season launching at the exact same time, down to the minute, on all platforms.
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:

Well this is where I think a common misunderstanding comes in. You can't ask for a patch approval without giving them the patch. A league is iterated on by GGG up until right before PC launch

This isn't a misunderstanding. GGG's PC launch date is whenever the fuck they say it is.

If you tell me they cant submit a patch in advance of an arbitrary date they set for themselves, my head will explode. They could have, with the same timing, had everyone start this Friday if they just announced it that way to begin with. There wouldnt have been a delay if it never existed.

This is absurd logic I'm reading.

See you next Tuesday on Destiny 2's new season launching at the exact same time, down to the minute, on all platforms.

I'll try one more time to explain. If this is over your head then I guess we move on;

1) GGG picks a PC launch date. They work on this new content launch up until the launch date.

2) you are unable to submit a content update for approval before its finished. Therefore the application process for console starts right before PC launch.

3) all sources in a google search shows 2 to 5 days from submission for approval by Sony or MS.

4) ta-da, the console update is multiple days after the PC launch.

The only possible way to have same day launches is to artificially hold back the PC launch.

What you're failing to understand is a league content update is not ready for either PC or console approval until extremely close to the set PC launch date.

Please read everything I've written before responding.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info