[3.19] Vortex & Cold Snap Build (League Starter) | Occultist | Lake of Kalandra | Path of Exile 3.19

Hey guys, here is the vortex occultist league starter build. This is the life based low-life version with petrifed blood. You can go CI or es based low-life version. This version is good but damage is not really there. I recommend you to play this with Shavronne and Prism Guardian when you have enough currency.

Build Cost
- Low Budget: 0-20 ex

Curses: I have curse on hit rings to apply curses. They are not expensive but it might be hard to get at beginning of the league. You can use bane or arcanist brand to apply curses. I prefer Frostbite and Elemental Weakness. It's possible to use a defence curse like Temporal Chains or Enfeeble.

Endurance Charges: Enduring Composure (Cluster Notable)

Upgrades:
- Awakened Gems (Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus, Swift Affliction)
- Watcher's Eye (#% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred)
- Cluster Jewels
Large (Cold Damage): Deep Chill, Prismatic Heart, Widespread Destruction
Medium (Cold Damage Over Time): Deep Chill, Cold-Blooded Killer

Leveling: Leveling gems and trees are in the video.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/Wcvpd6Dv

Build Video: https://youtu.be/1olYl-BM7UI

Bandits: Kill All

3.19 CHANGES:
- Defiance Banner now grants you and nearby allies 15–24% increased Armour and Evasion Rating at gem levels 1–20 (previously 30–49%)
- Defiance Banner now grants nearby enemies 30–40% reduced Critical Strike Chance at gem levels 1–20 (previously 20–29%)
- The Reservation Mastery that granted 15% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills has been removed from the Passive Skill Tree.
- The Gravicius' Veiled modifier on Body Armours that grants 12–14% of your maximum Life as Energy Shield has been replaced with something else. We can no longer craft that mod.

You may run into some problems after the changes.

Problem: Can't use all auras with this setup now because 15% mana reserve mastery is gone.

Solution: There are some ways to solve this problem.
- Get a helmet enchant with any reserve efficiency and lower the clarity, vitality level to 15.
- Use Enlighten support.
- Annoint Charisma.

(Footage is from 3.17)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus - Swift Affliction - Inspiration - Hypothermia

Vaal Cold Snap - Efficacy - Controlled Destruction - Bonechill

Vitality / Defiance Banner / Tempest Shield - Arrogance

Frost Bomb - Increased Duration / Summon Stone Golem / Clarity

Flame Dash - Vaal Molten Shell - Arcane Surge (Lvl 1)

Determination / Hatred / Petrified Blood
Last edited by wishdropper on Aug 17, 2022, 10:39:28 AM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2022, 8:07:38 AM
Looks really good and effective on that budget! Should try it
RampantManul
Hello, I have a question pls

Molten shell benefiting from the duration increase, is there a reason not to put it instead of the stone golem' place?

Wouldn't it be better to swap the between these two gems (Molten Shell <=> Stone Golem)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info