[3.17] Fireball Ignite Elementalist - 4+ Million Shaper DPS - Budget Version Available

Not a very flashy build but when I was making it I couldn't find many so posting for reference.

Quite a budget friendly build as the only really core unique is blackflame. Searing touch can pretty much be your end game weapon.

My dps currently goes up to 4.7 million (shaper dps) with 15 withered stacks which does sound unlikely to keep up but with the ring.
Spoiler
withered stacks do not expire while the enemy is ignited.

One thing to remember about ignite is that it will NOT scale from spell damage, projectile damage or area damage. These will increase the hit of fireball but not the ignite.

Swift affliction is socketed in for boss fights instead of GMP.

The clear speed is amazing with it as fireball usually goes off-screen and clears everything. A key stat I believe is getting projectiles to pierce at least once, this can be obtained with either a unique jewel or an elder mod on gloves.

Golems give some nice offensive bonuses but are mostly there to act as a meat shield/distraction.

Another key item is this potion with its mods as it will allow you to cast freely while mapping.
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler
My Current Gear
Spoiler

Weapon
Spoiler
Searing touch is very cheap and outclasses most rare staves, upgrading past this its quite expensive and honestly not necessary

Body Armour
Spoiler

Ideally you want to get + gem level on chest but this is quite expensive.

Used this up until I upgraded to that chest.

Rings
Spoiler

One ring will be blackflame and the other will have curse on hit.

You can buy these quite cheap this far in the league but you can craft these quite easily with harvest crafts. You will need to do reforge with caster modifers on a ilvl 75 hunter influenced ring.

Amulet
Spoiler

definitely nothing special here, just +1 to fire skill and some dex/str.

B
Spoiler

Helmet/Gloves/Boots/Belt
Spoiler

I've bunched these together because theres nothing really needed on these, it's just life and resistances.

The only important mod thats needed is the +1 projectiles pierce on gloves. there is an alternative with a jewel

Jewels
Spoiler

These are the jewels you'll be getting for the build, they're quite expensive though.

You can use ones like this until you get better ones. Just one damage mod and life is fine.

This can be used until you have +1 pierce on gloves

POB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/aPYdmjbD

Added a budget version in the PoB

Demonstration of build on T16 map
Spoiler
This is how my build looks with good gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUm7BviKNV0&t=2s

This is the build with the DPS lowered down to the budget version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMpdRnZrdLc

Any questions I'm happy to answer but this looks like enough info if anyone is looking to do a similar build.
Last edited by JellySickle_ on Mar 30, 2022, 8:45:11 AM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2023, 11:36:03 AM
How are you defense-wise? Do you have any issues? The build is great, looking to give it a whirl , but I am a bit worried on defense. 40% phys reduction with flask. Is there anything I could layer on top for more defense? The golems I guess are being used as meat shields and then the Primal Aegis as well?
Last edited by GamerBeast on Mar 22, 2022, 9:03:13 AM
"
GamerBeast wrote:
How are you defense-wise? Do you have any issues? The build is great, looking to give it a whirl , but I am a bit worried on defense. 40% phys reduction with flask. Is there anything I could layer on top for more defense? The golems I guess are being used as meat shields and then the Primal Aegis as well?

In general maps I don't have any issue unless there are triple damage mods but I think that's the same with most builds. I have cleared all the end game bosses on this build, except for the maven invitation ones.

The golems do most of the tanking/distraction and you will mostly be off screening so nothing gets close. Withered totems also give nice movement speed debuff which can be used defensively.

Currently, I have 37% Phys reduction without the granite used. This goes up to about 63% with a well rolled granite flask (Increased armour) and the build also has 600~ life regen.

Another item I think that could give this build more defence that I've been trying out which seems very underrated.

Spoiler

This will give you 3 endurance charges, 3 frenzy charges, and 2 power charges. I cap chaos res so this only does 647 on use, which with over 600 life regen feels like nothing. This adds an extra 12% phys reduction. I picked that one up for 1 alch.

This would go over the 2nd life flask and will bring you up to 75~ phys reduction while clearing mobs.

With Shaper/guardian this goes down to around 60%, but then having 100% uptime of these flasks is quite hard. In boss fights the golems do a lot of work.

Since this response I've switched out anger for determination for the extra 26% phys reduction. I felt the damage I have is good enough

You could use molten shell as well instead of steelskin which would give more armour.

The build could have spell suppression on all pieces but I was just too cheap to incorporate it.
Last edited by JellySickle_ on Mar 30, 2022, 8:42:36 AM
Nice guide ! have been following your build it is fun ty :) . How can i get the glove exposure on hit mod ?
Unfortunately this 100% depends on those godly cluster gems and they're never available. =/
"
nonadvanced wrote:
Unfortunately this 100% depends on those godly cluster gems and they're never available. =/

Which ones? In crucible you can get them plenty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info