[3.17] Spider's Shoooryuken ! 🕷✊ - 17M damage - 88-88-88-75 res, 75/75block, 50k armour

Hi all,

First of all I'm sorry for my English and as it's my first guide I count on your leniency.

Second, i would like to take this opportunity to thank GGG for this extraordinary game and especially this last league.

I propose a character is extremely tanky with very good dps, which will have no trouble destroying all the content.

Pros :
- Very very tanky
- A lot of DPS
- Can do all content (except reflected physical)
- Fast clearspeed
- Very fun to play
- Easy to play (Minion build)
- Easy lvl100 i suppose (but dont have time to farm xp)

Cons :
- Can be expensive (70ex for my actual gear, "budget" is totaly possible)

POB
https://pastebin.com/y3x0CtgS
2 versions on pob: more tanky or more damage (i prefer last one)

Me and the build :

I'm a causal player, but in this league I plan on buying a Squire.
While working on the pob for the Squire, I realized that I could have a more tanky build with more than enough damage for the price of this shield...

Gear :

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Notes on Gear :

- dont watch the red gem on body armour, i haven't been able to color it correctly (yet)
- Cluster jewel cost me 14ex each, but you can find 2x 8 points Call to the Slaughter, Renewal, Rotten Claws for 1ex each (less damage but enougth for farm currency)
- Additional curse on body armour is not required, like aspect of spider on ring (i dont have mana for it)
- My jewel should be update rapidly
- Enchantment cost 80 chaos, if you have more currency than me, prefer "Spirit Offering grants #% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage"
- with the level 4 Enhance, you can take rings that are less efficient and therefore cheaper

Bossing :
Take a second Writhing Jar ;)

Changelog
22-03-13 - Initial
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2022, 6:12:35 PM
going to start this char right now. can you post an ascendency order please?
HI what pantheon?
looks cool
can this do sim wave 30? also no melee spalsh?
Feared?
Last edited by JuhlDk on Mar 14, 2022, 8:58:51 AM
Hi ascendant depend of your leveling caracter.
I use minion, so i went on

1. Mindless Aggression
2. Commander of darkness (damage and resist)
3. Mistress of Sacrifice (help to resistance, block, ... )
4. Unnatural Strengh (i think ou can use plaguebringer maybe)

@JuhlDK,
i try melee splash, but clearspeed is ok, i prefer farming boss

yesterday I tried to make a simulacrum's video, but I got stopped at level 28... empty potion and impossible to regenerate my spiders.

Sorry, i'm a causual player, i dont try feared, cortex is a little expensive (i use all my currency for stuff :D)

what i do without problems
- Maven
- Uber elder
- Elder, shapper, sirius
- T16 130% 1 délirium orb with full scarab and beyond... (i die sometine, itr's lag a lot... )
you ran out of jar flask?
use Soul Of Ryslatha :)
how was wave 28? did you die?
"
JuhlDk wrote:
you ran out of jar flask?
use Soul Of Ryslatha :)
how was wave 28? did you die?

Sounds like DPS was too low, spiders despawned and flask had no charges left.

17 million DPS is not enough to do Uber content like Simulacrums comfortably. You'll want more in the range of ~60 million to do it comfortably. The lowest I'd ever go is 30 million but it becomes a slog then and killing Kosis with double tank mods takes like 60 sec of constant dps which opens up for alot of dangerous situations.
Last edited by Deadandlivin on Mar 15, 2022, 1:38:42 AM
uh, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3205638 ([3.17] Chaos Animate Weapon 😈 - Budget💎 Wave 30 Simulacrum💥 - Melt Kosis/Omni😱 in seconds⏱) deals 20 million damage, without any defence.

Sorry if the build is not a 500 exalt mageblood/squire...

Yesterday I used the flask by reflex, the spiders disappeared because I took a long time to sort my loot: D back to school is very hard!

Today I tried again and I lost on wave 27 against the two bosses...
I killed the whole mob and only after trying to kill the bosses. But that's not a good strategy, because my spiders disappeared before I killed the two, and I couldn't get them to reappear.

Simulacrum is not my cup of tea :D loot is very poor, and i'm not used to it and I don't intend to take it, expensive for little loot in the end.
@JuhlDk, really cool idea ! i'll use it ! ty :)

wave 28 is hard, a lot of stun, mùana leech is suppose, but, without spiders, I managed to survive several minutes by circling around the mob hoping to see a spider...
"
Sho0oryuken wrote:
uh, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3205638 ([3.17] Chaos Animate Weapon 😈 - Budget💎 Wave 30 Simulacrum💥 - Melt Kosis/Omni😱 in seconds⏱) deals 20 million damage, without any defence.

Sorry if the build is not a 500 exalt mageblood/squire...

Yesterday I used the flask by reflex, the spiders disappeared because I took a long time to sort my loot: D back to school is very hard!

Today I tried again and I lost on wave 27 against the two bosses...
I killed the whole mob and only after trying to kill the bosses. But that's not a good strategy, because my spiders disappeared before I killed the two, and I couldn't get them to reappear.

Simulacrum is not my cup of tea :D loot is very poor, and i'm not used to it and I don't intend to take it, expensive for little loot in the end.

I'm not critiquing your build or saying it's bad. Just saying that the dps isn't enough to farm uber content comfortably (which it evidently isn't cause you've failed your Simus it seems). Sure, you can make an immortal build with 2 million dps and finish wave 30. But that would be inefficient as you'd get too little loot and it would take too long.

I'm sure you will be able to finish a 30 wave Sim eventually with your build. You just need to learn how to deal with the bosses. What I am saying is that your dps is too low to be considered a Simulacrum farmer. Even if you manage to finish wave 30, it's still bad at Simus. A good simulacrum farmer earns 5-6 bars of loot consistently or else the profits are bad.

And as I said, the issue isn't that you can't finish a Simulacrum with low dps. The issue is that it's inefficient and a waste of time unless you're doing it for the challenge. The reason why it looked so smooth to do the Simulacrum on that Animate Weapon build is, because as I said, there were ZERO tank mods present. Give wave30 Kosis 60% chaos resistance mod and the 50% more health mod and he'll take a close to a minute or more to kill.

And stop exaggerating. No one is saying that you need 500 ex and a mageblood to do Simulacrums. What I'm saying is that you want to reach certain dps thresholds to farm them effectively. My build was able to do Simulacrums on a 3 exalted orbs budget. You don't need 500 ex to do endgame content. It all depends on how much dps you're able to squeeze out on your budget. It's evident that most of your money has gone into defences rather than offensive power in the build since 15 million dps is pretty low on a 70 ex budget. Though 88% max res, chaos cap, 50k armour et.c. is very high.
Spoiler

My build doing Simulacrum and the Feared on a 3 ex budget:

The Feared:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLExmij7AMY&ab_channel=HenrikSwanstr%C3%B6m

Simulacrum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuEfK9RltSI&ab_channel=HenrikSwanstr%C3%B6m
(Failed wave 30 because I forgot to refresh Purity of Elements so wasn't resist capped)

And finally, the reason why the loot from Simulacrums are bad for you is because your build isn't good at farming Simulacrums. That doesn't have to be a negative thing since your build is most likely decent at farming other content like regular maps. Even if I'm able to beat a wave 30 Simulacrum on my 3 ex budget build it's still a horrible Simulacrum farmer cause I get too few tiles of loot and killing bosses in the later waves is a struggle requring Gem swapping, camping and is generally an unpleasent esperience.
How are you summoning spiders ?

I'm using this build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2540439 but the spider summons is a little hard. Hoping your summoning is a little easier to do.

The build I referenced is no longer being actively maintained, but before it went quiet there was discussion about Gravebind gloves, and not to use them, as the DPS hit is not worth it but if it makes summoning easier I might be convinced to make the swap :-).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info