3.17.1 Voidstone/Sextant Loss Bug

We recently deployed the 3.17.1 patch, which contained a bug that caused players' Voidstones (and any Sextants applied to them) to be deleted as the player logged in. The Voidstones can be recovered by talking to Kirac, but the Sextants were lost. This post explains what we are doing about this.

Firstly, we will deploy a patch that prevents further items being deleted. This will reduce the number of affected players/items to just the time window between deployment and this fix.

Secondly, we will try to use our logs to determine what Sextants were attached to deleted Voidstones, and recover these as Itemised Sextant Mods that we can give back to affected players via a remove-only stash tab. We expect this plan will work, but we are still exploring it and will let you know if it turns out to not be possible. This recovery process will likely take place early next week.

We're very sorry about this mistake and understand the level of inconvenience it has caused. We are adding an additional layer of safety to future processes to prevent this from happening again.
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
nice
OOF
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
hi
yep, mine are gone..

and recovered from Kirac

:D
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Feb 17, 2022, 6:41:56 PM
what about the animate guardians that were deleted after the patch?
"
694800779 wrote:

well i still have mine nothing changed
I find it incredible that they're willing to go through with this despite the fact that server blips, patches and other things over the years have destroyed map portals (cortex, shaper, elder, sirus), rolled back important item drops and rare end game encounters but they're willing to spend resources to try and re-establish sextants that can only be used for a few maps?

Don't get me wrong, I commend them for being willing to do it but like... is this really necessary?
"
Mokurp wrote:
"
694800779 wrote:

well i still have mine nothing changed

i saw 1 other player posted it. Maybe only a tiny bit of players are affected
What went wrong, how you're fixing the problem, how you're fixing the effects. This is why I respect GGG as a game company. Thanks for the update :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info