Viz's Self-Cast Blight CI Occultist

OK, so I have loved the idea behind blight as a skill for a while now, and to my knowledge there isn't a guide for a blight build, period. Also this has been a royal B to level up, so I would not recommend it as a starter, also it is not hardcore viable until around level 80ish with some minor investment. I don't know if I would ever use vaal blight, it doesn't appear to scale the same, would be a waste of a button, sad.

I would link my toon but I have no idea on how to do that, so if you would like to please just visit my profile and click there.

POB: You need the community fork if you don't have it already.
https://pastebin.com/gqTNK4Lm - Theory Build

https://pastebin.com/0Rk3kFEi - Live Build

Theoretically this build can reach upwards of 5.2m dps on sirus, Currently I'm not sure about my Sirus dps on live, but I havent hit sirus yet so we will get there =)

I wanted a self-cast blight build, so that gives us 2 problems..

1. You have to stop moving and cast
2. Ramping damage

So, since blight is a sort of melee-dot hybrid, you need some solid defenses, I have 2 PoB's, one for my theory build, the other is my current live setup. I found that the staff was good, until I had access to the shield/wand, I also converted to CI roughly around level 70, while still using the staff. I have been building as I go, on the live pob version I am short on dexterity, so I have alacrity as one of my annointments. The Cluster jewels I found made so significant of an impact while leveling, that I was willing to sacrifice other skill points for them. Also my cluster jewels on the theory pob are messed up due to the changes to how cluster jewels work in regards to curses now.

Offense

Eber's unification for the -20% chaos res every x seconds

Impresence for free despair aura

Wand - High chaos and dmg over time multipliers + having 1 to chaos skills helped too, ideally this is only a temp until i can get something ridiculous lol

Cane of unravelling, good for if you dont want to put a ton of investment just trying the build out.

Defense

Flasks - I ended up forgoing the unique flasks, instead finding out the benefits of the blue ones are currently better with the possible exception of rumi's concoction.

ES Shield
ES Boots
ES Belt

Both

Breathstealers - After a certain point of es, the little blight discipline aura doesnt actually increase your shields. I was using disc aura when I was using the gloves and my es was lower (pre-3k) but the others provide both defensive and offensive bonuses.

Skin of the Lord - This provides a significant chunk of our defenses, as well as providing us with iron will for the added spell damage with the only caveat being requiring corrupted gems.

Spreading Rot Jewel - This actually is quite useful in that for 1 jewel slot near int, we get ramping damage, for free, on top of that added hinder radius (slows in wider arc) and more chaos damage to boot.

Rings - These were surprisingly cheap and easy to get ahold of, like 15-20c per i think when i bought them.

obviously a couple things need to be tweaked/fixed, but overall its proving to be rather ovepowered, im breezing through maps, as of level 80 I havent died once, you regenerate mana so fast you dont even notice MoM hitting it, i can stand there and cast blight for almost a minute before i actually run out of mana
Last bumped on Dec 19, 2021, 7:58:15 AM
So your build idea is to take the common, very well known, fifteen builds every new league chaos dot build, while intentionally not taking advantage of the synergistic usages of bane/ED/ - great build I suppose...
No, my build was to use blight as a main skill, it works quite well considering most people dont run blight, i didn't copy another build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info