Crafting boots for Bleed oriented build

Edit 1: Added a Spoiler section in Step 4.

This thread is created as a complimentary crafting guide to my Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator build guide (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3136830). The objective is have a more detailed explanation on the crafting process and to reduce the word count in the guide. I am not an expert in crafting but I do hope everyone have something to takeaway.

Boots we are trying to craft (let's not start a discuss on the base, we should be using a Two-Toned boots):

Step 1: Crafting Base The base should be a iL86 Hunter influenced Two-Toned Boots. iL85 is cheaper but you cannot roll T1 movement speed on it.

Step 2 Base Modifiers: This step is simple but very important, it may save you a couple of Exalts later. In this step, we are Harvest Attack/Physical reforge until we get the following modifiers. Since there are two modifiers with Attack/Physical tag, it is relatively easy to roll. The hard part is getting another good suffix.

Prefix Conditions:
1. Any 0-2 modifiers (2 is the best outcome)
2. No influenced modifier

Suffix Conditions:
1. T1: Bleeding you inflict deals Damage (10-12)% faster
2. T1: Resistance or Attribute (Dexterity or Intelligence)
3. Another influenced modifier

Step 3 Maven Orb: This is a 50%/50%.

Prefix Result:
1. Any 0-2 modifiers (2 is the best outcome)
2. No influenced modifier

Suffix Result:
1. TE: (10-20)% increased Bleeding Duration, Bleeding you inflict deals Damage (11-15)% faster
2. T1: Resistance or Attribute (Dexterity or Intelligence)
3. Open Suffix

Step 4 Suffix Cannot Be Changed and Aisling Unveil: We are looking for a veiled suffix but if we hit a prefix we can still unveil a movement speed and use it. If we hit an undesirable prefix without removing Suffix Cannot Be Changed we can try to annul the modifiers. If failed again, we need to Harvest reforge keep suffix and redo the Aisling unveil. The ultimate goal is to hit a suffix and unveil either hybrid attributes (Dexterity and Intelligence) or resistances.

One thing to mention here is when you have three prefix modifiers (including the meta modifier), the chance to remove the meta modifier is only 30% when doing an Aisling unveil potentially saving you 2 Exalts for subsequent crafts.

Now let's look at the ranking of the veiled modifiers (specific to my build):

T1 (31-35) to Dexterity and Intelligence
T2 (16-20)% to Lightning and Chaos Resistances
T2 (16-20)% to Cold and Chaos Resistances
T2 (16-20)% to Fire and Chaos Resistances
T3 (31-35) to Strength and Dexterity
T3 (31-35) to Strength and Intelligence

Other modifiers:
Focus has (31-35)% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate
(71-80)% increased Damage with Non-Vaal Skills during Soul Gain Prevention
(33-40)% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments
(36-40)% increased Totem Placement speed
Focus has (5-8)% increased Cooldown Recovery Rate, You are Immune to Ailments while Focused
You have Onslaught during Soul Gain Prevention

The chance of hitting 3 other modifiers is ~9% (6/12 * 5/11 * 4/10) so it is an acceptable risk. I would consider it a brick at this point but still useable.

True Failure Rate
Just kidding, the Veiled Modifiers are weighted so the failure rate is about 34%.

Step 5 Suffix Cannot Be Changed and Harvest reforge speed:

This step is straight forward, each movement speed tier is equally weighted and we really want to hit T1 or T2 speed. We then want to bench craft life and Exalted slam the last slot if necessary. Final product:

If you have a more efficient way of crafting this boots, feel free to leave a comments.

There are no words to sway those who will not listen. -- Veritania, the Redeemer

strTrader Max Block Bleed Lacerate Gladiator Guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3136830
Last edited by strTrader on Dec 18, 2021, 6:57:25 PM
Last bumped on Dec 16, 2021, 11:35:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info