[3.16] Death Wish (Maw of Mischief) Build | Elementalist | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Hey guys, ignite death wish elementalist build is here. My gauntlet character is still alive but don't wanna play with 4 link anymore so I decided to make another build between events. Playstyle is little weird because we have to reposition golems with convocation to deal damage.

How this build works?
- Death Wish explodes minions and this skill deals spell damage around them. Explosion deals base Fire Damage equal to 13% of the Minion's maximum Life.
- We use Stone Golems. (Highest life golem) Thanks to Liege of the Primordial "Summoned Golems are Resummoned 4 seconds after being Killed. So you don't have resummon them every time.

Build Cost
- Medium Budget: 10-50 ex

Death Wish: Death Wish is a skill grants by Maw of Mischief.
- As you channel this spell, it spreads its effect to more of your minions. When you stop channelling, each affected minion explodes, and this skill deals spell damage around them. The explosion of the minion is not affected by modifiers to spell damage, and cannot be reflected.
- The targeting of the skill is random.

Stone Golems: Playing with 5 of them.
+1 from Ascendancy
+1 from Skill tree (Golem Commander)
+2 from Anima Stone (+1 from 3 primordial items)

Golem Level: Using 29 level Stone Golem. This increases golem's life and our damage.

Leveling: You can equip Maw of Mischief at level 73. Before that use Armageddon Brand. Leveling gems and trees are in the video.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/dFdDJ5x1

Build Video: https://youtu.be/-4dURYUMcpU

Bandits: Kill All

3.17 CHANGES:
- Death Wish (granted by the Maw of Mischief Unique Helmet): Now has 444 to 666 Fire Damage (previously 316 to 474). Explosion now deals base Fire Damage equal to 19% of the Minion's maximum Life (previously 13%).
- Lower the damage of player Ignite by 28%

(Footage is from 3.16)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Maw of Mischief:
Burning Damage (Awakened) - Swift Affliction (Awakened) - Inspiration (Divergent) - Cruelty

Determination - Tempest Shield - Malevolence - Enlighten (Lvl 3)

Vaal Molten Shell - Flame Surge - Increased Duration / Flame Dash

Magna Eclipsis:
Summon Stone Golem - Minion Life - Empower (Lvl 3)

Wave of Conviction - Combustion / Convocation
Last edited by wishdropper on Mar 18, 2022, 11:32:02 AM
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2022, 3:59:58 PM
Hey

looks fun , is it tanky for endgame content ??

I'm currently using this build, it is cool and finally I can do some end game content thanks tot he build. Thank you for sharing.
I found this build from looking at poe.ninja and it's so fun! :D Legion goes POOF.
Oh and there's a pretty important bug in POB.

Right now it seems that it's using "Enemy Corpse Life" instead of the players minion/players life.
Another thing is that it haven't been updated from 13% to 19% of the minions life.

https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/issues/2372
Last edited by Hapseleg on Feb 8, 2022, 5:29:43 PM
What a fun build! I added WoC for some less clunky clear speed, even tried RF.

I have a question, tho - how to calculate correct Death Wish dps in PoB? Do I enter minion life in “Enemy corpse life”? Where can I find golem life numbers?
"
kralj87 wrote:
What a fun build! I added WoC for some less clunky clear speed, even tried RF.

I have a question, tho - how to calculate correct Death Wish dps in PoB? Do I enter minion life in “Enemy corpse life”? Where can I find golem life numbers?

Read my post just above

Oh and golem life is in calc, just press "Show minion stats".
Last edited by Hapseleg on Feb 9, 2022, 10:47:26 AM
Gonna try this as my second build, any thoughts on the new searing exarch mod on gloves that helps spreads ignites and if it would helps for clear?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/2rEBXY0ik
Is it just me, or is this build not that expensive to get going, at least this league. Not counting on the cluster, rare gear and awaken gems. Most of the "core" items seems to be cheap. then its just the scaling that would cost.
Could even get the damage up by going accendancy of elemancer for that +1 golem if one got the jewels this league.

Looks like a fun build to try out, got around 3ex currently. but looks like it should be enougth to get it going at least? Always liked the more unique builds of the game.
"
Noiprox wrote:
Is it just me, or is this build not that expensive to get going, at least this league. Not counting on the cluster, rare gear and awaken gems. Most of the "core" items seems to be cheap. then its just the scaling that would cost.
Could even get the damage up by going accendancy of elemancer for that +1 golem if one got the jewels this league.

Looks like a fun build to try out, got around 3ex currently. but looks like it should be enougth to get it going at least? Always liked the more unique builds of the game.

Im running this build on an easy 2ex budget, in SHIT gear doing tier 16maps with deaths, 0-3 depending on the mods, and im like 30% optimal. Im about to start crafting my way into some more ggg gear and going to try and near triple defense, but "can you do this" HELL YESS!!! u just need helmet and bereks!
How to progress trough acts?
What spell should be my main dmg dealer, i got now tabula rasa and i made something with arc, but as i can see the skill tree is giving some fire damage overtime so what should i change?
It's my first time as witch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info