Does elemental resistance stack across different item/skill tree/skill gems?

I am using frost bite which gives -44% cold resistance.

I have cold mastery which give cold exposure you inflict give additional -5% cold resistance

My boots give penetrate 10% elemental resistance

Using raider's avatar of the veil gives -20% elemental resistance.

using elemental weakness lvl 20 gives -39% elemental resistance

Does it means the enemy will have -118% cold resistance? (since cold is also elemental resistance)
Last edited by Hattori_Hanzo on Nov 26, 2021, 1:21:35 AM
Last bumped on Nov 26, 2021, 11:32:31 AM
enemy which would otherwise have 0% cold resistance will have -118% cold resistance against your hits
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
enemy which would otherwise have 0% cold resistance will have -118% cold resistance against your hits

thanks so much for the confirmation
Keep in mind tho, that penetration works differently from -resistance.
That's mostly irrelevant in normal content, but if u r running maps with additional monster restistances, it changes the calculation.

-resistance always subtracs from the overall resistance the monster has (for example 90% cold resistance)
penetration however lowers the maximum resistance of the monster, so it will always be subtracted from 75%, no matter how much overcapped res the monster has. (unless the monster has less than 75% res of course)
"
Sadaukar wrote:
Keep in mind tho, that penetration works differently from -resistance.
That's mostly irrelevant in normal content, but if u r running maps with additional monster restistances, it changes the calculation.

-resistance always subtracs from the overall resistance the monster has (for example 90% cold resistance)
penetration however lowers the maximum resistance of the monster, so it will always be subtracted from 75%, no matter how much overcapped res the monster has. (unless the monster has less than 75% res of course)

Id add that -res is calculated first, then penetration kicks in, applying to the cap (75%) or actual value after -res, whichever is lower
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info