Theory Crafting a Cheap Trypanon Build

I have a basic idea, and I'd like to have a fuller idea of the build before I start messing with it.

My main goal is to have a BUDGET build that is as tanky as possible and outputs some serious damage.

Constraints:
Relatively poor. Only want to invest 30-50 c in the build, if possible.
My computer is terrible, and I experience a lot of lag/stuttering in the game. would like to reduce neccesary interaction as much as possible - trying to make a point-click-kill build as much as possible, with little need for recovery flasks.

I'd like to use a Trypanon, because it allows for some interesting interactions. Since it always crits, I am making use of cast on critical trigger and the fact that, I think, crit hits are guaranteed to ignite enemies.

AScendancy, I think I'd go slayer, mainly for the kill enemies less than 20% of life, but am open to suggestions here. Juggernauts seem potentially powerful, but then I'd have to invest a lot into endurance charges I think.

So, this was my main thought on set-up (because it's a budget build, I basically max out at 5 links on my main skills)

Skills:

Molten Strike, Cast on Critical, Flame Surge.

This will, hopefully, hit, release a bunch of magma orbs, ignite a bunch of enemies, then cast flame surge that burns for an insane amount of damage.

Since I only have two support gems after this, I wanted supports that maximized the damage of this ability.

POB indicates that Elemental Damage with ATtack support and Multistrike are best DPS boosters for this (and in that order), but I think that Ignite Proliferation is neccesary to make sure that a maximum of damage is done with the flame surge. I thought though that some other support gems might be better in ways that POB can't see because they will boost damage on both the molten strike AND the flame surge, like Concentrated effect, Immolate Support, Burning Damage support, or Fire Penetration support. Not sure how to maximize the fire damage done here.

Other Gear:
Marylene's faallacy Lapis Amulet, for the critical strike multiplier. Also investing in other critical strike multipliers
Gifts from Above Diamond Ring, creates the consecrated ground every time i hit, increasing damage, and serious increase in item rarity of drops. Nice boost.
Replica Emberwake Ruby Ring for increased fire damage and faster damage from ignite. Since I'm igniting so often, the debuff on burning time doesn't scale down the damage too much.
Replica Atziri's Acuity Gauntlets - the perfect agony, which I always get, multiplies my Damage over time with ailments. Also, I need the boost to intelligence, as the spells require quite a bit but I don't get a lot from the tree.

The helmet should have the labyrinth enchantment for +2 molten strike projectiles, but otherwise just be lots of boosts to reists and life and needed stats.

I am thinking that Abyss jewels will seriously increase the damage of this build, but that good ones will be expensive; but a few are possible.
Like:
Added Fire Damage to Mace Attacks
Increased Damage over time while weilding two handed
Increased attack speed if dealt critical strike recently
extra physical damage as fire damage if dealt critical strike recently
Stygian Vise for a belt
Boots and Body Armor will be rares that fill in resists and increased maximum life. Boots maybe i'd like to have the Warlord prefix of gain % physical damage as extra fire damage, or maybe drops burning ground while moving? Body Armor I haven't yet figured out at all, except that my boots, helm, belt, and body armor have to maximize my resists.

Skill Tree:
Basically
Damage over time multiplier with ailments
Two handed/Mace nodes, especially the critical strike multiplier ones
Life
Jewel Sockets for AByss Jewels if I have them

I don't think I could afford the cluster jewels that this build could benefit from, but i could be worng.

The other question is what other skill gems do I run on the character?
Herald of Ash?
Flame Golem?
Vitality, for sure, but what other auras?
Cast when damage taken setup?
Any good secondary skills?

Still trying to figure this build out, but could use some suggestions.

Last edited by skaspels on Nov 22, 2021, 10:50:52 AM
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2021, 10:28:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info