decay duration not scaling

I currently have my decay supporting my storm burst and have several forms of increased skill effect duration but decay is still only lasting 8 seconds.
Last bumped on Aug 1, 2022, 1:46:44 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I can confirm this as well.

PoB seems to indicate that decay should scale duration.

poewiki.net says that decay should scale duration when linked with gems that have the duration tag. I have it linked with Storm Burst and Increased Duration support and as far as I can tell, decay only does damage for the base 8 seconds.
Still bugged last and this league.
Ruetoo tried to build around it and the duration remained static 8s.
Didnt matter if you run a non innate duration skill like Arc and added a Duration tag via Lifetap/Arcane Surge or if you used a Skill with innate duration tag, like Storm Burst - the duration remained a static 8s.

According to Rue, it worked before, so i would assume its bugged (PoB shows that Decay duration should scale with skill effect duration as well, when linked to a skill with a duration tag)
This is not a bug and Decay has never been scaled by skill effect duration modifiers. If it was scaled by such modifier, the tags of the skill would not affect them applying - that's not how modifiers work.
but it used to work, there vids from it. its even writen on wiki that it works. thats kinda sus, it has been scaled by skill effect duration modifiers.
"
Oazen wrote:
Still bugged last and this league.
Ruetoo tried to build around it and the duration remained static 8s.
Didnt matter if you run a non innate duration skill like Arc and added a Duration tag via Lifetap/Arcane Surge or if you used a Skill with innate duration tag, like Storm Burst - the duration remained a static 8s.

According to Rue, it worked before, so i would assume its bugged (PoB shows that Decay duration should scale with skill effect duration as well, when linked to a skill with a duration tag)

Was this interaction changed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxpbzelT-M

ive played something similar to this and the decay lasted close to a minute.
As I understand, Decay duration should scale with Temporal Chains curse:

"Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 40% slower"

Which, if you have increased effectiveness of curses and the mob or area doesn't have have a mitigating reduced effect of curses, this -should- make the expiration of decay last longer.

In the example video in an earlier reply to this thread, the person has gloves that apply Temporal chains on hit.

Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
Last edited by TwentyFiveEX on Aug 1, 2022, 1:50:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info