Trade

I'm having blast playing this game, but trade on console is something horrendous. Takes like hour to find item you need and without automatic buyout confirmation it's usually useless even when searching online ppl now on end of the season.

Something like pc website search would be awesome. Or at least add proper filtering with more customisation than base and keyword and instant buyout with set price..
Last bumped on Oct 27, 2021, 5:18:30 PM
"
I'm having blast playing this game, but trade on console is something horrendous. Takes like hour to find item you need and without automatic buyout confirmation it's usually useless even when searching online ppl now on end of the season.

Something like pc website search would be awesome. Or at least add proper filtering with more customisation than base and keyword and instant buyout with set price..

For me console trade > pc... With some search hint ".-.-.-.-" "move speed" "g-r-b" etc and opportunity "leave" offer and return to map... console trade much faster especially for unique, currency, fragments and other. I've played the last two leagues on console. And the main problem of trading at least on xbox is the small number of players. 20 high tier base listed on trade after 2 week from league start...
Last edited by talraashi on Oct 26, 2021, 2:29:58 PM
"
talraashi wrote:

For me console trade > pc... With some search hint ".-.-.-.-" "move speed" "g-r-b" etc and opportunity "leave" offer and return to map... console trade much faster especially for unique, currency, fragments and other. I've played the last two leagues on console. And the main problem of trading at least on xbox is the small number of players. 20 high tier base listed on trade after 2 week from league start...

I don't know what kind of miracles you've experienced, but trade on console is *almost never* faster than PC.

Sure, on PC they have to actually go to someone's hideout. But they also have literally hundreds of people selling any given item. They also have Bulk Item Exchange, and third-party tools like TFT.

On console, there are often only 5-10 of something "available", and, if it's an expensive item, anywhere from 5-10 of those will be pricefixed and not actually available for sale. If there are any non-pricefixed ones, there's a pretty high chance that the seller is AFK, often all day while they're at work, or overnight while they sleep.

On PC, you can buy enough Doctor cards to build a Headhunter in about 20 minutes. Less if you don't mind paying a premium to get several at once.

On console, it took me nearly 2 weeks. Some of the beginning of that was lack of available currency to buy the cards, but for the latter half of the cards, it was far more about finding ones that weren't pricefixed and were actualy available for sale.

I actually had to build most of them from Nurse cards. Which were also very heavily pricefixed.

And it's not just Headhunter. *ANY* high end or popular item suffers from this.

Now, personally, I don't want PC-style trade. People act like if we had PC-trade, all our problems would be solved. But 98% of the problems with console trade from a combination of our extremely small playerbase and GGG's unwillingness to take any steps to fight against behaviors like pricefixing.

The game would be more fun for 95% of the players if GGG would fight pricefixing. Why do they favor the 5% who are total jerks over the people who don't believe that abusing privilege is the right way to get ahead in the world (or a game)?
Last edited by QQPQ on Oct 26, 2021, 5:12:55 PM
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
talraashi wrote:

I don't know what kind of miracles you've experienced, but trade on console is *almost never* faster than PC.

I played from open beta on pc... and some time waste 10-15 minutes to buy one ex(send 30+ offers). Console trade for me mix with ssf and trade experience. I can't buy mirror rare item(players shortage), but i always can buy currency/low and med tier unique etc. And for me it's way better than hours in HO pc experience. I'm not against trade improvement for console. But the experience of trading on a pc, when you can sit hours in HO ... compare to console when after offer you can go asleep or mapping, send offer offline player etc. It's obvious to me what better.
Last edited by talraashi on Oct 27, 2021, 2:18:51 AM
I offer a few suggestions to GGG that may help with persistent issues with the the trading system I have observed. The most impactful one being to change how people can remain anonymous when trading. When people can hide behind anonymity they tend to behave as degenerates on this game. Also, make it so that an item will not appear on the trade board if someone has not set a price on the item. There is absolutely too much junk that people have thrown in a public dump tab that one has to sort thru. Another easy one was mentioned in a previous reply is to have the buy-out option, but with an expiring timeframe on the buy-out. This would make it so we could buy from offline players. I do not believe there has been any improvements or adjustments, for the trade system on Xbox in a long while. I appreciate this conversation, and will remain persistent in asking to get improvements on our trading system. I do not think enough people take the time to voice their opinion on console.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info