High latency in some zones

In some zones, the game runs at stable 40 ms latency, but when I am entering another zone, it becomes a stable 300 ms. The zones that had 40 ms still work fine if I enter them afterward. It's not regular ping spikes, as the 'good' zones run perfectly. The latency of the 'bad' zones, however, sometimes goes into thousands of ms, making the game unplayable. The zones with low/high ping seem to be random. I tried: re-entering the high-latency zones multiple times, restarting the game, restarting the PC, setting networking mode to preventive, restarting the router, flushing the DNS. I don't think the problem is with my PC or the internet connection, as, again, the 'good zones' run well. What can the cause of the problem be, and what can I do to solve it?
Last edited by Solarkaka on Oct 24, 2021, 9:35:02 PM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2024, 4:38:28 PM
I'm having the same issues. Never had any issues in the past. It does seem to be specific areas. I had no issues questing or in delve, but its been a nightmare trying to get through maps, pretty much unplayable. No issues at all playing other games or streaming content.

Really hope they figure this out as its currently unplayable and I was pretty excited about this league after taking a few month break.
"
Solarkaka wrote:
In some zones, the game runs at stable 40 ms latency, but when I am entering another zone, it becomes a stable 300 ms. The zones that had 40 ms still work fine if I enter them afterward. It's not regular ping spikes, as the 'good' zones run perfectly. The latency of the 'bad' zones, however, sometimes goes into thousands of ms, making the game unplayable. The zones with low/high ping seem to be random. I tried: re-entering the high-latency zones multiple times, restarting the game, restarting the PC, setting networking mode to preventive, restarting the router, flushing the DNS. I don't think the problem is with my PC or the internet connection, as, again, the 'good zones' run well. What can the cause of the problem be, and what can I do to solve it?

Related?
SAME ISSUE HERE PLEASE FIX!
I have exactly this same problem, I have 600 megas of optic fiber, just did a speedtest and it's all good with my connection :( !!! Please fix this, the game is unplayable, already uninstalled, tried without poe overlay and filters and its the same, i'm really sad about this since I cannot play the game, with luck i could arrive to the second act!!
I am having what might be a really similar problem to this that largely just started this league as well. Some areas I get crazy ping and others not so much, only difference is that when it gets high ping, it is also incredibly spiky/inconsistent, varying from like 200 to 5000ms, and sometimes just DCing me. I think this part is likely just because my internet is not that fast and inconsistent in PoE as a whole, but with this issue on top, it is totally unplayable.
+1. absolutely the same problem that never happend before. i think it caused by new ggg servers connection mechanics. before i can have 300ms ping at japan server at all, and it doesnt changes on instances, but it last for 1 day or some hours. but now i can get 50ms and 300ms at one time on the different instances. its unplayable
I have the same Problem Spikes till 2.000 so almost 2 sec freeze. Maps, Heist, Hideout. Never had this Problem before and didn't change my Hardware. It's a problem we the Start of 3.16.
Same thing with me, in the "bad" zones, latency keeps spiking up until it disconnects.
https://imgur.com/a/rdtpb5c
Last edited by khanhtuonghot on Oct 25, 2021, 9:51:21 AM
I've also recorded a video. Its only happening to me in maps at the moment. Questing areas and delve and other areas are fine. I'll enter the map, and the latency seems alright. As I move to areas with enemies, it spikes to around 2k-5k, and as I move back to spawn area, it tries to stabilize

https://imgur.com/a/ahoyznf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info