Why Can't I Scourge an Item Past Tier 1?

so I just started,and I'm only on the ledge, but after using the crucible on an item, I didn't like the outcome but after I put that same item back to scourge it a second time, it doesn't work. There's no progress bar towards T2 no matter how many scourges I do. It's like stuck at Tier 1 and doesn't advance towards Tier 2...Is there a different way I suppose to progress a Tier 1 item to Tier 2?
Last bumped on Oct 25, 2021, 2:06:57 AM
Same with me.
Not sure if a bug or doing something wrong.
I thought maybe it was because the item was too low of level to be scourged twice, but based on your response I guess not......I guess I'll open up a ticket with GGG then and probably won't play the league anymore until it's fixed, because what's the point if I can't sourge it past T1. It was just a magic pair of level 5 boots by the way
Last edited by Mentoya on Oct 22, 2021, 8:57:18 PM
Lol.

This game is going to get a big patch even before I am done downloading this ridiculously slow update.(probably on my end)
hidden item/character lvl restirctions I'd imagine the ggg way where we have to scratch our heads and wonder wtf is going on here because we weren't given the information on these forums?
Last edited by AShugars on Oct 23, 2021, 1:53:02 AM
poedb has an item level 45 requirement for tier 2 (and ilevel 68 for t3)
"
illagong wrote:
poedb has an item level 45 requirement for tier 2 (and ilevel 68 for t3)

Would've been useful if we actually could see this in-game.
Higher tier scourging seems to be locked behind item levels - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3189020
If you hover over the 'i' (crucible - upper left) it does mention total tiers being based upon ilvl.

But fully agree! After announcement stating up to 3 times, felt bad not having this adjustment more transparent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info