Flame Link

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2022, 11:36:29 PM
Since i didnt find a open thread in Skill gem Feedback i post it here.

Link skill are kinda ankward for summoners who summon minions with a duration and minions without a duration.
Linked 2 times a Phantasm by accident because the golem is on adrenaline and dosnt like to stand still. I died when the duration of the minion ended.

maybe make it targeteble in the hud. or duration end of minion= is not minion dead.

definetly not usable like this for me. would be nice if this gets some improvement
For all link skills, not just Flame Link:

1: As PsyBaNi said, targetting is terrible when there are minions involved. Phantasms, Herald of Purity or Skeletons are a death sentence, you WILL target them by accident constantly. Even without those, trying to hit a Golem or Spectre in a crowd of zombies will miss most of the time.

2: Characters that are any good at clearing MUST move quickly in PoE, and this league really doubles down on that. While clearing, staying close enough to another player for links not to break constantly is impossible.

3: I can't see any reason for having a built-in duration at all. Recasting links is such a chore that it really discourages use, Tempest Shield and utility flasks recently got fixed so that they're not chores to use... why add the same issue again?

As for Flame Link itself, the effect seems really good but at this point all of the link skills are so unpleasant to play that I won't be using them unless significant changes happen.
To add to this (a year later), I had a fun idea for a SRS / Reaper build, since SRS are effectively untargetable - mobs won't target them directly with attacks (but can still be damaged) and the reaper itself will not target them to consume them, so I figured that meant the link skills ALSO would not target them. Nope.

Why even have the ability to let them target minions if you need to use exclusively minions that will not die ever (like, pure spectre or golem or, lol, JUST a reaper or AG - not including zambos because they get shredded in later maps). Intuitive and Flame Link would be fun to mess around with on minions, but the implementation makes them pretty useless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info