3.16 Energy Blade Guardian

Editing this post. My build got a bit of attention on reddit so I decided to updated this. This wont be a full build guide but for those interested here is the most up to date POB for this build.

https://pastebin.com/qpjjqNEL

Quick highlights : Spectral Helix, 40k armor, max block, 61% spell block, 3870 life reserved down to 1915, 10,437 ES reserved down to 5216, max resists, 0% chaos resist, 40% chaos resist vs dots, immune to curses, immune to corrupted blood during sirus fight (gotta respec a mastery in the Asylum node cluster)

I am currently level 93, I rarely ever die, clear speed is very solid, can do pretty much all content and almost all map mods. Very cheap build to league start.
Last edited by twigglypuff on Oct 30, 2021, 1:28:09 PM
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2021, 8:19:02 PM
Check mine out

https://pastebin.com/HvYn8zTM

I'm using Auras. You might wanna look. If you do it right you can just Aura stack into Defenses and power.
I will use this Energy blade Guardian for SSF with another approach.

https://pastebin.com/pE6jUWQa

Very very tanky with the changes in Grace and Determination and OK damage for SSF

Best annoint for SSF: Retaliation

8% damage for each aura is a lot of damage and is not contemplated

The same for storm weaver and 5% increased elemental for shocked enemies

I'm doing a Guardian as well, lv 40 so far trying to use Wild Strike but Smite is honestly a great way to go for the acts so far.
Just a basic Templar with smite ancestral call faster attacks and ele dmg
Swapped to wild strike+2jewels basically just to mess around but I think there will be some play there. Enjoying my lightsaber Mtx and its fun to level a build that hasn't been done to death.

I took the chance to generate charges on hit first, haven't made too many guardians so far but im into this build
Very nice. I’m actually leveling as absolution and it’s been amazing so far. I’m level 50ish now and I’m just using my exact tree that I built for energy blade.

I plan on swapping to energy blade as soon as I get the required uniques, astramentis, aegis aurora, crown of inward eye. And then later shapers touch to round it all off.

The builds suuuuuuper tanky I love it so far.
Gonna roll with this one I think, thank you! Just the thought of a tanky old templar slinging lightsabers makes me want to make a new character 😅
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
Blondeath wrote:
I'm doing a Guardian as well, lv 40 so far trying to use Wild Strike but Smite is honestly a great way to go for the acts so far.
Just a basic Templar with smite ancestral call faster attacks and ele dmg
Swapped to wild strike+2jewels basically just to mess around but I think there will be some play there. Enjoying my lightsaber Mtx and its fun to level a build that hasn't been done to death.

I took the chance to generate charges on hit first, haven't made too many guardians so far but im into this build

Hey, how are you liking wildstrike so far? I noticed your build is a bit different with a 2H sword. Are you still tanky and is the berek's grip worth it?

I did smite until level 50, but want to transition into spectral helix or something different. Smiting with AC for this long gives me a headache lol

I've been leveling and just casually looking at you and the OP's character hehe. Appreciate the insight!
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020

Just got thisat level 59. Oh my, the difference in clearing mobs is insane. Everything is so much smoother, wow. What a great node to take!

Last edited by girng on Oct 25, 2021, 7:40:19 AM
Bumping to show edited original post =)
Going to try to level this with a really low budget of 100c. Let's see what happens. Thank you a lot for the PB :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info