Item tooltips disappear before I get a chance to read everything

So when I highlight any item with my mouse a tooltip should appear and stay until I move my mouse again away from the item. This is not happening for me. I highlight my items and the tooltip appears but only for a few seconds and then it disappears without a trace. So frustrating as I am normally halfway through reading the tooltip information when it just suddenly disappears. This is happening with every single piece of equipment and is beginning to drive me crazy!

I'm not sure if it's related but it feels like it is, when I click on the screen to move my toon around the map, I am normally able to click and hold and the toon will continue to walk until I release my finger again. Similarly to the above circumstance my toon will stop moving after a few seconds as if I have released the mouse button.

I've performed all the suggested basic self help functions to no avail.

i7 7700K @ 4.2GHZ
16GB RAM
MSI Z270 MOBO
MSI GTX1080 GPU
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2021, 9:59:37 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
As someone who's been having trouble with this sort of thing in other games....I think the issue here is that something is stealing window focus. Maybe something that's a part of Windows.

If you look for general help with losing fullscreen window focus, that might be more fruitful. It still happens to me sometimes, but one thing that I think reduced it's frequency was moving my taskbar to the bottom of the screen, rightclicking, and going to "News and Interests" > "Turn Off".

I had done some other things, and don't know which actually helped/even did anything, so sorry I can't offer more directed advice. I don't even know how to properly diagnose what's actually taking focus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info