Masteries will be disappointing for many builds

The 1% chaos multi mastery per 4% chaos res is completely useless for many builds, totally ignores CI, as it could have been 1% chaos multi per -5/-6 chaos resistance.

The +1 to all chaos skills is very bad for all chaos attackers/casters with a lot of cast/attack speed, and honestly only favors dot builds.. Having a ('Cannot occur more than 1 second is a much better design for a mastery) so its applicable to ALL builds since the mastery goal is to do exactly this.

The 20% increased effect of Withered will probably means butchering Corruption (The current node that has this, resulting in a net nerf since we already have this notable but with 25% chaos damage aswell built in)

Looking at the fire masteries its the same deal, as there is no real choice there because the damage nodes are always the first to pick

The brand mastery node that replaces the cluster jewel node for jumping brands every 0.3 seconds is again so better than the others that the Mastery is not really a choice. Its a must pick without any other good choices out there.

Overall all the masteries that have been shared are pretty disappointing IMO, since the better goal would have been to have insane masteries so you can struggle which one to pick (Like Wow PVP talents if you have played, since you can pick only 3 but you have insane 15 pvp talents, so you always are thorn which to choose)

That being said. Masteries will probably be insane for 3.17 as the system provides GGG a way to give insane but stable power creep, which has a natural limit as one character cannot have more than X amount of masteries and even if the masteries are broken, you still waste of lot of points if you try to chase them.
Last edited by Aleksidius on Oct 17, 2021, 4:38:52 AM
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2021, 12:20:59 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
its for more dps that was lost in 3.15 from nerfs... so its just compensate dps loss

we gonna see again clear speed meta and no brain full dps with supports
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Aleksidius wrote:
The 1% chaos multi mastery per 4% chaos res is completely useless for many builds, totally ignores CI, as it could have been 1% chaos multi per -5/-6 chaos resistance.

The +1 to all chaos skills is very bad for all chaos attackers/casters with a lot of cast/attack speed, and honestly only favors dot builds.. Having a ('Cannot occur more than 1 second is a much better design for a mastery) so its applicable to ALL builds since the mastery goal is to do exactly this.

The 20% increased effect of Withered will probably means butchering Corruption (The current node that has this, resulting in a net nerf since we already have this notable but with 25% chaos damage aswell built in)

Looking at the fire masteries its the same deal, as there is no real choice there because the damage nodes are always the first to pick

The brand mastery node that replaces the cluster jewel node for jumping brands every 0.3 seconds is again so better than the others that the Mastery is not really a choice. Its a must pick without any other good choices out there.

Overall all the masteries that have been shared are pretty disappointing IMO, since the better goal would have been to have insane masteries so you can struggle which one to pick (Like Wow PVP talents if you have played, since you can pick only 3 but you have insane 15 pvp talents, so you always are thorn which to choose)

That being said. Masteries will probably be insane for 3.17 as the system provides GGG a way to give insane but stable power creep, which has a natural limit as one character cannot have more than X amount of masteries and even if the masteries are broken, you still waste of lot of points if you try to chase them.

You can pick several of the mastries.
I think you've missunderstood how the mastery system works.
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
Aleksidius wrote:

You can pick several of the mastries.
I think you've missunderstood how the mastery system works.

Yeah, it's kinda baffling to see how someone can misunderstand this when it's clearly explained and shown in the announcement video.
Masteries are roughly equivalent in power to notable passives, so all masteries are is an extra notable per cluster that only costs one point. And that's more than enough to make them worth using; even a mediocre mastery is better for a single skill point than a minor passive node.

I don't know why everyone acting like they're trash because they aren't each the equivalent of an extra support gem... they're quite clearly intended to be notable-equivalent, which should be obvious from the fact that many masteries used to be notables.
Yes I too have seen 2 masteries that I personally can't use in my copy paste build and therefore declare the gaem dead.
While I think OP is a tad off, it's possible this can be a nerf more so then a buff in some cases. I mean we really need to see the tree but the notables they have moused over have lost power from what they were before. You may have to spend an extra point to gain some power back through masteries.

Think about your current builds and consider how many wheels you go through as well. That's 1 extra point per wheel. That means less traveling to other nodes, less cluster jewels.

It's all really speculation, we really gotta see this tree GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info