my rendition of jungroan's double coc DD necro

big list of other builds

Basically jungroan dropped a sick build guide for double coc DD which I wanted to give a go. turns out, the build is absolutely obscene.
I took his ideas and switched stuff around as I saw fit, so for the full experience, i suggest watching his video and reading my edits to decide what all is right for you.

The general concept is that CoC DD does hella damage, double coc with martyr of innocence adds to that damage, and the self hit/ignite adds a lot of utility (though its difficult to offset).

If you check jugnroan's setup, they focus a lot on movement speed and action speed to be able to cruise through maps. Instead, I opted to drop all that movement speed investment and just run stampede. I did this primerily because stampede was a lot cheaper than tailwind + elusive + ms boots & torrents reclamation. without those, you often wont have truly zoomy move speed. rocking stampede for the consistent 150% feels really good since you are always as fast no matter what, no worries if theres dudes to hit. no worries if you need to backtrack. no stutter between running and cycloning. it just feels clean. on top of that, you get an extra anoint and get to replace rotgut with another flask. you also drop hotfooted and quick getaway for other jewels.

i also swapped torrents reclamation for a nice stygian vise because i feel fast enough as is and juicing up my life (and es) a bit makes the build feel a lot better on bosses. so long as you dont get one tapped, its hard to die since you recover life and es so fast, so stacking it up a bit more feels nice. it also gives a jewel socket which can have 2% block on it, which is nice.

vitality life on hit + discipline es on hit is obscenely expensive. the es on hit is mandatory and isnt cheap but is reasonable, so i just use that plus ngamahus sign to sustain. you will not have es if you dont have es on hit. i tried to crutch on leech for a while and it just doesnt work. gotta get the watchers eye.

having come from a full cwdt build, i knew the power of mana recoup, so i went with that as my secondary stat on the watchers eye, which solved all my mana problems on its own. however, its totally unnecessary as ill go over now. for one, you can use your second anoint from stampede to get battle rouse which with its 10% recoup is good enough. secondarily, you can and should use reduced mana cost on a flask. my surgeons diamond flask of order has 100% uptime, and with the 25% reduced mana cost, all my skills (other than ice golem, bone offering, & ass mark) drop from ~18 mana cost to ~3 mana. its so strong that you barely need any other investment into mana to sustain (fuel the fight on a large cluster can probably do it alone). i also run lvl 1 vaal clarity. the clarity activates my watchers eye and the vaal clarity helps in situations where i brain off delete all my mana cycloning around hitting nothing in a no regen map. I can run reduced recovery and no regen perfectly fine with that flask on. the flask mod is the big thing that i think jungroan missed

speaking of flasks, run olroth's resolve trigger on savage hit. the 60 ward that doesnt break completely offsets eye of innocence's damage and is effectively 24 life or es on hit. you get tapped by something sneaking through your block and your recovery increases by 50% to 100% for the next 3.6 seconds.

i skipped rumis because with rotgut gone, all my flasks could be automated very cleanly except for rumis. i dont die while mapping, so its only real use would be to use rumis preemptively against bosses, which im not going to rely on.

i happened to drop a bottled faith. im basically crit capped without it so im just using it because i have it and it gives inc damage taken. i went with max charges on it so i could get two clean uses from it on longer fights with multiple phases. increased effect is a solid choice too.

on to gems changes I made. in my high level cwdt, I opted for ass mark plus bone offering (divergent for the tiny bit of extra block and spell block), but went with ice golem here instead of wave of conviction. the golem is a nice little buddy who tanks hits and grants just a touch of accuracy rating to make sure you hit evasive enemies. we still want wave of conviction for exposure though, so that moved into my low level cwdt with cull and immortal call. this means that i no longer have combustion, which got put into my volatile dead links since combustion is decent damage anyway and saving that link on cwdt lets me run immortal call. I take +2 endurance off the tree for a max of 5, and with the charging offensive self hit tech, i gain those 5 charges very fast; faster than immortal call's duration and cooldown. so immortal call gets popped at max power on cooldown and grants a ton of defenses to us. on top of that, having the extra endurance charges is just nice even when immortal call is not in use. highly recommend this change too. you lose a touch of damage on volatile dead (which isnt the main damage source anyway) and gain very high uptime immortal call as a result.

jungroan uses flame dash. fuck that noise, frostblink is sick. you can frostblink while cycloning since frostblink is instant, which makes movement a lot cleaner. against bosses, you get to take advantage of the cooldown boost built into frostblink and can warp around really fast especially in conjuction with stampede's cdr. frostblink in general is great. in this build, we dont use the chill since corpses already chill, but i feel like people sleep on frostblink a lot. it was bad perviously because second wind didnt give it an extra charge, but now that second wind is unused, frostblink is just a solid instant movement skill that has an incredibly short cooldown when fighting rares/uniques. highly recommend at least trying a high level frostblink if you havent.

I think that's all the changes. everything else is just small touches to the passive tree to balance out aoe radius breakpoints and deciding like 4% life & 4% block spell block is better than a jewel socket for me. that sort of stuff.

yeah...
watch jungroan's guide
check out my changes
test and see what you like and what you dont
build is amazing, handled all content i threw at it including a rare feared fight
not cheap, but strong as fuck
hard to see things beneath the DD effect, but otherwise clean
feels really smooth to play, especially with stampede making ms consistent
really tanky with block, hp+es, and recovery on hit
highly recommend

pob:https://pastebin.com/KfGTa0wg
tree:http://poeurl.com/dpGe
Last edited by OxidisedGearz on Oct 22, 2021, 3:13:14 AM
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2021, 12:46:21 AM
posting in this thread because I like what I see.

I tried something similar last league and while the damage was great and the same time it was also very...inconsistent.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
First off props to Jungroan for the build design, its a masterpiece at the PHD level of POE know how.

These were all great insights to overcoming some of the issues you need to resolve with the build with the added benefit of bringing the cost of the build down to a more manageable entry level, thank you for sharing. I look forward to trying the stampede and the mana solutions you came up with.

One modification that I made that had a nice feel was swapping out the threaded hope with an inspired learning and picking up the two notables directly north of it, getting another power charge, some elemental resist and some ES which will all be put to good use in the build.

I can vouch for the changes for the Ice Golem , as well as the other gem moves. If you wanted to free up a gem slot and take out wave of conviction you can pick up a larger cluster with a notable to apply exposure on hit.

This build does blitz your GPU and I think it was worth paying for an alternate VD and DD cosmetic effect so that it reduced the blinding and GPU effects.

End Game when I was nearing a hundred I was able to pick up a third large cluster set up, by utilizing an unnatural instincts and dropping a few health nodes. Build still felt great and had around 6.5k ES/Life. DPS was pretty sick.

https://pastebin.com/jUbtbfaF

Why is the cyclone setup in the budget version of Jungroan's build in POB only 5L ?
"
Why is the cyclone setup in the budget version of Jungroan's build in POB only 5L ?

6l martyr of innocence isnt that budget and the vd doesnt contribute too much to the damage so settling for 5l there isnt too detrimental and helps keep costs low.

In terms of the body armor though, not totally sure. It's better to have a random essence of greed 6l than an influenced 5l imo since the crit chance gem outperforms the influenced base crit mod by a mile. I guess you're losing out on vengeance crit chance, but again juicing DD is better than juicing VD. Would recommend doing tabula/random life 6l for sure though if you're building on a budget.

Also to everyone else, thanks for the replies too
Last edited by OxidisedGearz on Oct 20, 2021, 12:47:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info