[PS4] Is there an update on Freezing/Crashing?

Hello!

Helpful Information to Include:
What time this happened - All the time, frequently
Gateway / Location- All, California, Texas, Washington, D.C.
Error messages when failing to teleport, or load into a zone - "unexpected disconnect" or no error message at all
Whether you are crashing to the console dashboard or disconnecting back to the login screen - disconnecting to the login screen, sometimes stays frozen until being manually closed
Whether you are using a cabled connection or Wifi - cabled, modem within 3 ft. of console, 1 TB SSD
What model console you are using - occurs with PS4 base and PS4 Slim. However, seeing all the posts on this issue, ALL
Your gamertag or PSN ID (a PM is fine for this if you're uncomfortable posting this publicly) - PSN ID: sto_rage

I was wondering if there was an update on console (PS4) freezing/crashing. It seems many people are continuing to have this issue. Per pinned post,

"Recent High-Priority Issues in Expedition League:
Monsters remain invisible for too long on previous gen consoles.
Interacting with various UIs can crash the client.
Game client can sometimes freeze or crash on previous gen consoles."

Since the league is almost over, I'm wondering if these issues will be addressed in this league or should console players expect this to be an ongoing issue into Scourge and beyond?

I like playing the game and sometimes I can play an hour or two without a freeze or crash. In that couple hours, the game is enjoyable. The freezing or crashing is unbearably frustrating especially doing boss content like Shaper, Elder and Sirus or anything timed like Delirium, Legion, Zana missions, Incursion, and Heist or Delving. This is a lot of content console players miss out on/choose not to do/struggle through.

When console players say "unplayable", there is no exaggeration. Technically, yes, you can "play" the game. However, playing on an unseen "freeze/crash timer" causes anxiety. I don't mean to speak for all console players, but having read a lot of the forum posts on this issue, I think I can say it sucks having to constantly worry if you can do anything in the game successfully. This extends to all aspects of the game.

Console players can not successfully:
-Open game (Rare frequency)
-Navigate any UI (stash, trade, Atlas)
-Play any content including campaign without unexpected disconnects or freezing that requires players to close/restart the game
-See enemies/attacks for extended periods of time
-Labyrinth - special note here because freezing/crashing and not being able to see attacks or enemies because they haven't loaded visually, is especially frustrating. Again, yes, you can technically do the Lab and ascend but only if an issue does not occur

Is this a fixable issue? Is there even a solution to the issue? Is this something that console players must live with/expect? Is there anything we can do besides reinstalling game, clearing cache, switching gateways, upgrading console, restarting console, playing on wired connection, or other temporary fixes?

My personal worry is that the freezing/crashing will eventually wear on me and I will not want to play the game. This is my main game and I like this style of game. I tried playing Diablo 3 but it's not as fulfilling. I want to play this game on the PS4. I've bought stash tabs. I know it's not much but it's an investment.

Can we please at least get an answer on if this is a solvable problem?

Thank you.
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2021, 5:11:18 PM
I have been experiencing these Issues a lot lately, I play on ps4. I am not hopeful for the next league since these issues started before this league and got worst with this one so I am pretty sure it will persist in the next or be far worst than it is now.
Ps4 player, just downloaded this game today. I use a hard line cable internet connection. I played the tutorial just fine. I arrived at lionseye's watch. I can travel to the coast, as per the quest. I find the first cannibal I try to attack with my item in the square slot triggers the game to crash to an error message (CE-3487-0) screen. I found if I switch servers it still happens. I took out the gem i had in my wand labeled 'lighting tendrils lol 2' and haven't experienced the problem again.
I would have no hope. This problem is historical and if it has not been solved it no longer seems to have a solution.

It is true that it is exasperating, the game crashes every hour and when you reconnect you are dead, which makes you lose all your progress and make it impossible to advance to a level.

In my opinion, this game is broken on ps4 and is only good for hanging out without end game pretensions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info