Dragon Cry - #1 Phys explode Staff finally finished!

Reasons behind the craft:

I wanted to make an explode staff to enable my maim chest that i crafted back in Ritual League with the Elevated "every 4 seconds, regenerate 25% of life over one second". That regen is a life saver in so many situions. Most bossfights such as Sirius, Maven, Chimera etc, even lab. Combined with arakaali pantheon that regen recovers almost half my life when it procs. When u take damage and u can't leech, which is in many cases damage over time situations. Descecrated ground, Crusader's lightning ground, Sirius fight has alot of it. That mod is pretty strong imo, especially combined with arakaali pantheon since when u take dmg over time, you usually want to get out of it. Once you do, that regen procs and heals ~half your life. Well my attempt to explain why it's good but honestly I expected it to be a nice quality of life but not rly much more than that, after testing it i just realised how many situations that mod actually works. Like it's design is very fitting to alot of situions you actually end up being in. I can definitely reccomend this elevated regen mod to anyone who is pondering about trying it, such a quality of life i can no longer live without on my build.

Little backround story:

I was going for tripple t1 prefix but due to harvest not being as attainable this league and my funds running abit to low to realisticly continue to aim for that i settled for t1 Merciless, t3 Conqueror's, t1 Flaring. Also alot due to farming harvest this league with no harvest map mod from zana was not great fun... Bought the Base at the end of Ritual league for approximately 2-3mirrors (traded for a watcher and a explode chest). Then I've spent around 8 mirrors wourth of Craicic Chimerals + exalts + annuls trying to land the prefixes and roughly 2 mirrors wourth to fix all the white socket, enchant, divine + suffixes. It's 1% increased phys from 100% perf divined, but considering i got that straight of the Harvest divine it was a keeper! Total estimated cost = 12-13 Mirrors

Crafting process:

1. Alt spam for Merciless/Dictator - (took me ~3000 alts)

2. Imprint with Craicic Chimerals - (used ~ 1300 craicics)

3. Regal to make item rare (if u get a prefix annul, if suffix continue to craft "prefixes cannot be changed")

4. Use Harvest reforge "Reforge phys more common" and pray... (i actually did hit these prefixes straight off the reforge, but more often i got either t2-t1 hybrid/Flaring. In case of flaring i just crafted "prefixes cannot be changed" again and used another reforge to test my luck (altho not sure that step is totally wourth it, but u never know). If t2-t1 hybrid i crafted "prefixes cannot be changed" scoured to clean the suffixes, crafted "Multimod" + life & mana leech and used Aug phys or rem non-phys/add phys to hope to hit flaring. (I honestly have no clue how many reforges i used, but consider my rough estimate with using annuls i would say i had around 2 reforge attempts/imprint so prob around 2600-3000 harvest reforges.)

5. Once i got my prefixes craft "prefixes cannot be changed" then use harvest craft Reforge speed regular/commons to get t1 attackspeed. (Took me about 20 reforges to hit t1 attackspeed.)

6. Craft multimod + prefixes cannot be changed then t4 aisling for the 32%crit/18%qual mod. (Luckily this step only took me about 5 tries. So 5 Aisling = 50ex + ~100ex/remove harvest craft i had to buy for the failed aisling unveils.)

7. Divining the prefixes - Divine orbs or harvest divine all/prefix. (I hammered it with harvest divines not exactly sure how many but easily 100+, including an extra 1400 divine orbs. And luckily hit perf suffixes in the same roll and my prefixes turned out close to perfect.)

8. Tempering orbs to hit the "Physical modifiers have 8% increased effect". (Used 40 Tempering orbs and i bought these back when they cost me 25-30ex)

9. T4 Vorici to hit the 6 white sockets. (took me 15 t4 vorici's to hit it).

Big thanks to friends who especially this last league helped me out with some harvest reforges and especially thanks to Carnage who's lucky harvest reforge actually landed the prefix roll for me!And to all the harvest farmers who are still going strong on std for providing me with alot of the divines etc.I'm real happy i finally finished it, cuz i was getting alittle tired of farming harvest at this point. Glad to be done with that for a long time now ^_^
Mirror Services:
- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3074790/page/1
Last edited by Rai_Grottpojken on Sep 27, 2021, 9:47:24 AM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2021, 8:04:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info