Shmoops! Your Fire Casting Build (Updated for 3.15) (Almost Done)

Shmoops! This is your Fire Casting build! If you don't like it, our marriage is over. (If you're not my wife, obviously feel free to play this build. Just keep in mind that I've made this specifically for my Shmoops and the way she likes to play, along with the expectations she has in the game. As this isn't one of my guides, I won't be responding to comments/replies. But have fun and feel free to give feedback.)

Passive Tree
- Just remember that the 3 "+30 Dex." nodes on the tree are temporary.
- You can get Dex. on your gear (amulets are great for this) that can help out. So once you get a piece of gear that has some good stats worth keeping, including some Dex., you can get slowly get rid of the 3 "+30 to Dex." nodes on the tree and put them wherever you want.

-------
GEMS
-------
Helmet
- These skills do not need to be linked.
- The reason we want this skill in our helmet (eventually is because there are "helmet only" mods that increase the gem level of the socketed minions. That's a big boost to your golems.

Summon Chaos Golem - Act 4
Summon Stone Golem - Act 4
Summon Lightning Golem - Act 4
Summon Flame Golem - Act 4

Chest or Staff
- Link these skills.
- Only chests and two-handed weapons can have 5+ sockets (and therefore 5+ links).

Fireball - Act 1 / Volatile Dead - Act 1
- Lifetap Support - Act 3 (Siosa in the Library)
*If you go with Fireball and want Lesser Multiple Projectile - Act 1, replace whatever listed support you like.

Gloves
- Link these skills.
- There's no reason for these skills to be in your gloves instead of your boots. I just like the idea of active skills being in "hands" and passive skills (like auras) being on boots. It makes no difference in the game. It's just a "Wrecker thing".

Flame Wall - Act 1
Flame Dash - Act 1
Frost Wall - Act 1
- Second Wind Support - Act 3 (Siosa in the Library)

Boots
- Only Blasphemy and Flammability need to be linked. It doesn't matter if the other two gems are linked or not.
- Just like the Gloves, these don't HAVE to be in boots. I just like passive skills, like auras, in boots. It makes sense, m'kay?

Summon Skitterbots - Act 2
Arctic Armour - Act 2
Flammability - Act 3
- Blasphemy Support - Act 3 (Siosa in the Library)

Sceptre(s), Shield, or Staff
- Link these skills.

Vitality - Act 1
- Arrogance Support - Act 3 (Siosa in the Library)

Sceptre(s), Shield, or Staff
- Link these skills.

Desecrate - Act 2
- Spell Echo Support - Act 4

----------------
GEAR/MODS
----------------

Health (Life and Energy Shield)
For your gear, you'll be looking mostly for items that are Intelligence-based (Energy Shield based). Intelligence-based hear is more likely to roll blue sockets when those items drop or when you re-roll the socket colours with chromatic orbs.

On the passive tree, you have a pretty equal amount of both Life and Energy Shield. Gear can roll all three on one item, but having good energy shield AND life rolls on one piece of gear is rare. So take what you can, and mix and match as you see fit. But you have the option to take either ES or Life rolls. (Just keep in mind that chaos damage bypasses Energy Shield.)

Gear (except your weapon)
On all your gear, you're looking to improve your health rolls (Life and Energy Shield) and your resists.

Your elemental resists will be easy to cap out over time. Chaos is harder to come by. Having anything over 0 Chaos resist is great but always have maximum elemental resists. While levelling it's hard to achieve, so don't worry. But once you hit maps it'll be a "must".

So on all your gear, you're looking for health and resists...and Dex. But Dex. is dependant on which skills you end up choosing. Either way, Amulets are a great place to get a lot of Dex. when you're short. Check the vendors in town after you level up if nothing good is dropping for you.

Wand(s)/Sceptre(s)/Stave
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Oct 4, 2021, 1:33:06 AM
Last bumped on Oct 3, 2021, 7:32:24 PM
Hurry up. Soon there will be no more 3.15 lol
"
Inferius90 wrote:
Spoiler
Hurry up. Soon there will be no more 3.15 lol
:) haha. Awesome.

The rest is just explaining gear...which I've done over dinner...lucky girl ;). I'll post it soon though.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Oct 4, 2021, 1:21:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info