[3.15] LASAGNA MANABOND SCUFFED SCION. Indigon abuse in 2021

This low life ivory tower build uses a setup with manabond in a mjolner's, and a cwc cyclone + arc in the body.

PATH OF BUILDING

Original version (not tanky, lower dps) - https://pastebin.com/R7F5tRC5
Tanky version - pending
Higher dps - pending

DISCLAIMER - THIS IS NOT MY ORIGINAL BUILD IDEA. This is a templar build all over their forums, but this is my attempt at making it viable on scion. The templar version is strictly superior; this scion one is kind of a meme but i figured its worth posting because it did manage to do endgame (and in particular, endgame mapping very easily)

LONG RANT - TLDR - BUILD 10/10 MAPPER EVEN THO DIES A LOT; 6/10 BOSSING BUT HAS POTENTIAL

Spoiler

I don't do build guides but i'm hoping by posting this here i can get some feedback, and also demonstrate that this is viable on a scion.

As a mostly arc based build (deceiving title yes) This is one of smoothest mappers you'll play, assuming you have the attention span for flask management. It's also a good way to send a fu to ggg and show you can still abuse flasks to make a build work. HOWEVER - you WILL DIE, A LOT. I die about 10times more than previous builds ive played but i still clear maps faster than ever before.

this build currently sucks at bossing. I did do sirus a7 deathless and dont expect to have issues with a8. However, i've also done the fight hundreds of times now and the mechanics are fairly mindless for me. this build has the tankiness of a wet paper doll.

I failed at some maven invitations like the forgotten and hidden (though was close), this may be due to me sucking more than the build.

BUT - given how the mechanics of this build works I think I am missing something in making this do WAY more dps. I know some things are obvious - gem qualities, no bottled faith (ie 1 button win the game flask), no vaal RF (probably should throw that in too). But i think theres something else that is missing, that could bust my dps into the stratosphere; thats where your brains come into play for me!

EXPLANATION OF BUILD - TLDR - LAVIAGNAS + FLASK NODES + INDIGON ABUSE

Spoiler

Indigon + arcane cloak provides an insane damage boost when your mana pool is 11k+. 8700 mana spent instantly = >1000 % spell damage.
To counter the negative impacts of indigon, we use laviagnas every time we use arcane cloak for big burst windows that are insane for mapping, and currently mediocre for bossing.

IMPORTANT -

When mapping, you use the flask IMMEDIATELY after arcane cloak. Your arc is costly after hitting arcane cloak, and you dont want to be stuck in a pack unable to cast it.
When bossing, after using arcane cloak WAIT until you have NO mana (this should be under a second), THEN use the flask. This is to maximize manabond dps)

Conveniently, as your mana tops off, the indigon buff will still be in effect. What this means is you will rapidly burn a ton of mana while channeling your skills, to get EVEN MORE indigon damage( almost impossible to calculate exactly how much).

As your mana drops down low again (which happens quick), You will then need to use your laviagna's flask again (dont worry , you'll have a lot of charges except in some boss scenarios).

If you time it right, your arcane cloak will be coming back up as your mana tops off. This means another big burst window with arcane cloak up.

So to summarize, the general pattern will be -

1. cloak then flask
2. wait till low mana again, then flask again
3. cloak then flask

It is a bit clunky but you get used to it, and atleast for me, its fun to try to optimize your timing to get maximum usage.

Needless to say, you are most vulnerable during the 3 seconds your arcane cloak is on cooldown!

Ok Gear - this is highly flexible but my version is very unique heavy which makes gearing easier for smooth brains like myself. i'll discuss some options below. There arent really many surprises here. For convenience I've put pricing here as well

Spoiler

~4ex

required for the build to function. A high roll 6L is around 4ex i think. maybe less now. Early in league this will be easily 7ex so i wouldnt say this is a good league starter build by any means.
Get a high roll if you can. you really need those stats.

~15c

another required item obviously. I got lucky and got mine with a fortify corrupt for 7ex. Honestly, you dont really get much benefit from fortify in this build except somewhat in bossing, but youre so squishy its questionably helpful. I dont think the build will work that different without fortify.

~1.2ex

Required. Corrupted with a good implicit would be luxury but way outta my budget.

~2-3ex

Another required unique! The 'spending more' arcane cloak enchant is HUGE and I consider it basically required. Surprisingly, you can get this for around 2ex this league (previous leagues this was easily 4-5ex)

~60c + ~30c for anointment

Not essential but if you want to survive at all on this build and ahave mapping feel good, you'll need it. you're constantly cycloning, and movement is really your only form of defence on this build (something you will definitely notice if you get chilled). Also the anointment is probably more important than enchantments, though this is arguable (I am trying to figure out if there are better anointments than mine0

~1ex with high roll and qualitied and an anointment on it

Cheaper item this league and pretty much required because of mjolner's str reqiurement. It's otherwise also a great item for this build all around. Another one that I am still deciding the best anointment for.

5-20c depending on your luck.

Shaper's touch is a huge boost to mana and ES for this build and a good corruption is dirt cheap. I gave up unnerve on hit to squeeze this in, but otherwise these gloves give more mana and es than a rare pair with high int. Ideally if you have another source for unnerve (such as a cluster) then i think these are the gloves you want.

~45c with max quality and perfect roll

This is a controversial pick. If I could afford an essence rolled belt with high % attrib roll and flat int, it would be strictly better, especially if i could get some resists on it. But those belts are crazy expensive. Also with the stats on our build we get shock and ignite immune which ends up being our only form of defense really.
Keep in mind a really pricey rare would be a huge increase in es and mana (we're talking 1k+ es, 500 or more mana)

~10-40c each

pretty conventional high stat rings. I got mine for around 10-20c each, maaybe got lucky not sure. I think if youre patient you can get something similar for that price.

OTHER RELEVANT ITEMS -

High roll laviagna's flask (REQUIRED) - ~9c
1x pure talent + CORRUPTED BLOOD IMPLICIT - ~1-3ex
2 good lightning cluster jewels similar to my pob - 50c each
4 good small clusters - should get all for about 1-2ex
1 watchers eye with clarity mod - 2-3ex
OPTIONAL - find a good megalomaniac with some combination of good passives (master of fear, wish for death, will shaper, openness, etc) - i got mine for i think 2ex.

So if you bothered to go thru that, you'll see, an extremely unique heavy build, which means not that cheap, but also wont be super expensive. Adding everything up gets you to around 10-15ex, and closer to 15-20 ex if you include cost of gems.

SETUP -

vitality/clarity/precision reserved from mana.
Purity of elements/wrath/discipline reserved from life, via shield.

Why purity? because zealotry would require a reservation skills reduction, either on a gem (very expensive) or via cluster (like reducing discipline reserve), but honestly the resists are super helpful when youre so unique heavy. having said that, if you have the money to get or make a badass belt with the resists you need, and some reservation reduction, it would be easy to swap in zealotry instead and get an instant 16% more dmg boost.

ASCENDANCIES -

Flexible. I went inquisitor to take advantage of pure talent pen. and also big damage boost.

Occultist gives you stun immunity which is a huge bonus over the templar version of this build. Also gives you a second curse (not that helpful on bosses ). You could make an argument for going juggernaunt instead (helps with str, and accuracy would make u 100% hit)

FAQ

1. WHY DID YOU DO THIS

I was bored and really wanted to make manabond work on scion

2. WHY DID I JUST READ THIS

Only you can answer that

3. I think you should do x instead

This is why i made this post, to some extent. I am trying to figure out how to improve this build. Any feedback is super helpful

OPTIONS TO CONSIDER -

HIGHER DPS EXPENSIVE VERSION USING ZEALOTRY , ALGOR MORTIS
Tankier version using stubborn student instead of openness - not suure how much benefit this is given loss of mana

HOW TO IMPROVE BOSS DPS -

trying to figure this one out. how to get more manabond dps time? also, maybe switch out from arc and use ball lightning instead and cast snipers mark? not sure if this is the way to go or not. may help with flask sustain on bosses though, which is one weak point im having.

Thank you!!

Last edited by rozakk on Aug 28, 2021, 9:04:44 PM
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2021, 8:07:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info