Quality of Life Trade Console with pc options in mind

Trade on console has advantages compared to pc but also vice versa.

The flee market idea of path of exile trade on console is working in a way which isnt suited, especially when compared to our pc family path of exile friends.

It takes ages to move through 70 pages of items, only to find out nothing is present which even comes close to what you are looking for. PC trade has the option to narrow down what you are looking for, and from there initiate the trade. Let alone price checks so we get a better idea how to price items and what the common general consensus is. Great learning for the non veterans and all.

Last Baeclast there was even talk to making it even more convenient for pc players as to not interrupt gameplay. Hey, we spend hours going through pages of items, not finding anything worthwhile. Time we could have spend enjoying the game, but hitting a brick wall.

Yes you could ssf knowing its very difficult and a new learning curve, but we choose trade sc league.

What can be done to help us with more QoL options with a more narrow down option and no more showing all the clutter you arent looking for? If I look for a ring with cold res, i dont want to see stuff without cold res. If I look for something with cold res, life and open prefix, let me have the option to look for a more specific item setup?

What does the roadmap look like in these areas?

Thanks for getting back to me GGG.
Last bumped on Oct 4, 2021, 11:08:29 AM
Yeah the trading needs improving, I have played on both Xbox and PC and trading on PC makes the game so much more enjoyable.

consoles just need additional search filters for stats etc and it actually to filter down your results rather than highlight the items...

trading really does ruin the game a bit on console, too much time required just to find an item then you have to hope the person is actually will to sell!
"
Fibrith wrote:
Trade on console has advantages compared to pc but also vice versa.

The flee market idea of path of exile trade on console is working in a way which isnt suited, especially when compared to our pc family path of exile friends.

It takes ages to move through 70 pages of items, only to find out nothing is present which even comes close to what you are looking for. PC trade has the option to narrow down what you are looking for, and from there initiate the trade. Let alone price checks so we get a better idea how to price items and what the common general consensus is. Great learning for the non veterans and all.

Last Baeclast there was even talk to making it even more convenient for pc players as to not interrupt gameplay. Hey, we spend hours going through pages of items, not finding anything worthwhile. Time we could have spend enjoying the game, but hitting a brick wall.

Yes you could ssf knowing its very difficult and a new learning curve, but we choose trade sc league.

What can be done to help us with more QoL options with a more narrow down option and no more showing all the clutter you arent looking for? If I look for a ring with cold res, i dont want to see stuff without cold res. If I look for something with cold res, life and open prefix, let me have the option to look for a more specific item setup?

What does the roadmap look like in these areas?

Thanks for getting back to me GGG.

It was said yesterday on live stream, that they don't want console trade to be too efficient. That's why we won't receive ability to search items on trade website and probably any updates to trade board in game.
Last edited by Reborn409 on Aug 19, 2021, 3:28:21 AM
"
Reborn409 wrote:

It was said yesterday on live stream, that they don't want console trade to be too efficient. That's why we won't receive ability to search items on trade website and probably any updates to trade board in game.

Yeah I heard, still a big shame.

However if they could incorporate a better filter result, it would be so much better already. No need for any 3rd party website, since they have all the infra they need for this :)

GGG, please take another look into filtering a bit better then current state of dumpster diving the trade basically is at this time. Bit strong perhaps, but you get the picture.
it makes no sense that PC have an amazing trading system and console are stuck with a car boot sale type system. just the ability to filter is all we ask!

there will never be 3rd party trading systems which they use on PC.
The only two problems i have with trading on console are 1)showing every item of a category (why would you want to manually filter 100+ pages of items?) and 2)showing afk players (when you go afk there's a option to have an automatic response when someone send you a massage, why not have an option to automatically accept an offer if its the asking price or simply remove the afk person from the online results)

Nothing against people that have to work and leave their account logged to sell stuff, but if you need some specific item to progress it just makes you want to play something else if you cant buy it. At least having the option and making shure people know the option exists would improve trading.
An interesting option to have is let us know if a player is non-connected since few days or weeks/months.. because sometimes i make offers for items but maybe the players don't play anymore
This weekend I tried to look for some gear that could help improve my character.
Thats one of the advantages of trade league and 1 of the reasons why I play trade.

Crafting is simply not up my alley resourcewise, timewise, rng-wise and more complex other reasons. Selling is difficult also since we have no way to get a real feel for prices.

Finding gear isnt easy and this weekend I think I spend a total of 3 hours going over numerous pages and pages of items and this numerous times. In the end nothing listed or available.

Then I go to the trade gui of the website of GGG and get frustrated at how easy searching for gear is.

I dont want to play SSF and want to progress ingame.

The trade functionality is basically a bug which should be fixed.

@GGG --> can you please finally communicate somewhere about QoL changes to trading on console.

Edit:

In short --> show only the hits and hide the rest when searching.
Last edited by Fibrith on Oct 4, 2021, 3:21:58 AM
I was on holiday. Excluding/including is prob done via online/offline switch.

Dunno how it could be handled to use that type of filtering automatically tbh.

** this in response to earlier poster. Quote didnt work or I messed up :)
Last edited by Fibrith on Oct 4, 2021, 2:13:23 AM
"
An interesting option to have is let us know if a player is non-connected since few days or weeks/months.. because sometimes i make offers for items but maybe the players don't play anymore

The default trade search is "online only". You have to toggle a switch to see items listed by offline players.

If you don't want to have that problem, don't search offline items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info