New Exsanguinate MTX looks different than in Video

Hello,

Seeing the new Exsanguinate MTX being really colourful I had to get it immediately. Especially with how pretty it looked in created lots of colourful ground effects, vines growing along the path to the enemies while they explode into a rainbow.

Sadly, while ingame and using the MTX, there are no colourful vine effects. There are a few flowers and blurry beams.

Is their effect maybe somehow being culled by my graphic settings, and that is why I don't see their full effect?

Thanks in Advance

Edit: I tried increasing the Bloom from 25% to 100%/130% with no change, as well as playing around with the Global Illumination and Texture Culling. None of which changed the effect itself.
Last edited by Khari_Eventide on Aug 5, 2021, 11:33:59 AM
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2021, 12:25:59 PM
I'm having the same problem, even in the same map as the video was filmed in it simply doesn't look nearly as good as in the video. The flowers arguably look to be a completely different design as if the version present wasn't the version push to the game. More than just a lighting issues.
It's super different and quite frustating. On Reddit they claim a "technical issue" made it different.

.. how does a "technical issue" make an MTX look better in your advertisement video than in the game? That's not a "technical issue." That's a "we didn't realize it would impact performance how it would so we changed it but didn't update the video" or something else. A "technical issue" is just a generic, nonsensical excuse.

Putting together a lovely video that is a genuinely different product than what you're selling is really not the best way to handle your customers. Nobody checks this stuff?
I really hope they can update the mtx instead of the video.

The original mtx shown in the video is amazing and inspires using exsanguinate in different ways!
From what I can tell comparing the MTX and then using the plain spell the big issue is that the spell tendrils of blood are supposed to remain on the ground after you cast. They remain either indefinitely or for a long period of time (I sat and waited for at least a minute or two and they never went away).

With the MTX as it is working now the tendrils fade completely after about a second. It seems like in the video they do fade but they stay on screen at least a few seconds and slowly fade away. I wouldn't mind if the flowers fade instantly but it would be nice if the little network of brightly colored lines remained at least a few moments.

That said I still think the spell is beautiful and I am happy with the purchase. It got me playing trying an Exsanguinate Scion and I am really enjoying it. Still though I see why people are upset.
Anyone have their own video version, not just screenshots of it ?

Maybe some particle effects of visuals are being hidden accidentally by certain settings in the graphics ?
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Please fix this... We want what was advertised, not we fix the video to match how horrible it is in game. This is kind of insane when you charge such a premium for MTX..
"
Sidefx06 wrote:
Please fix this... We want what was advertised, not we fix the video to match how horrible it is in game. This is kind of insane when you charge such a premium for MTX..
I think chris said in the podcast that this was the result of the graphics settings descaling particles and rendering, that they were going to fix it or are in progress of fixing it.

Dont quote me though it was a 3hr long podcast.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info