Forbidden Rite

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2022, 3:23:16 AM
Ahh, finally there is a post for this.

First of all, here is the state of my char, as I decided to drop the skill: https://pastebin.com/ymYLG147 (PoB Community).

I really like the design idea of the skill, but for me the damage while playing as intended (Occultist, selfcast) felt absoultly underwelming. I mean yes, I've gone the cheap way of playing CI and my skilltree may also not be min/maxed, but still I expected better than struggling at the beginning of red maps with 10k es, a 5L and sereval ex investment.

If we take a look at poe.ninja, their data states that 97% of the FR users are Hierophants, therefore playing totems in stead of casting the spell themself, so I don't belive that I'm the only one that is underwelmed by the selfcast performance.

What I think what would help the skill is a higher ES scaling. This buff would make it more rewarding of using the skill yourself, since you won't be able to stack that much ES on totems so that this buff makes a noticable difference.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
I'm playing a cast while channeling Forbidden Rite Deadeye to take advantage of the chains and projectiles. However, I can't actually see it chaining anywhere. Is there some way to confirm if it can chain or not?
The chain skill gem certainly thinks it can, and will adjust the mana cost accordingly, but I'm yet to see a visual chain anywhere. Maybe it's bugged and can't chain? Maybe it was never meant to be able to chain? I would love to know!
Don't understand why this gem has not been nerfed during the league cause it is just totally broken when used with totems.
Why wouldn't discipline aura affect Forbidden Rite (Spell Totem) dps?

Unless its just not showing in the tooltip...

Visually, I can see that the discipline is giving totems ES so not sure why their dps isn't going up. Thanks for any help on that question! :)
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. - POE
Anticiping on the nerf.

give it the dark pact nerf
aka : 5% es as extra dmg and 12% extra life as dmg IF " using your Life/es "

like this you nerf totem playstyle whyle not touching totem in general and remove the broken portion of this skill when build on totem
Hello.

For the upcoming league (3.17), you have buffed majority of the spells, including Forbidden Rite. However due to the nature of the skill, the buff is not very significant compared to other spells. This is mainly due to how the spell scales damage. Most build that utilizes this skill gains huge amount of base damage from HP and ES scaling which has not been buffed. While on paper, it may seems like about 35% buff, it actually amounts to about 13% buff for self-cast version of the build while it is actually 30% nerf for CoC version that I was playing for Scourge.

Forbidden rites provide neither more mobility nor more damage through duration mechanics. So I assume it is not one of those spells that should have received smaller adjustments. The fact that base damage and the damage effectiveness was buffed by 35% seems to support my assumption. So I am hoping this was a simple oversight.

You have stated that while nerfing the damage multiplier on CoC support gem, you do not want to nerf the actual build by buffing the base spell damage. While this held true for many spells that were used with CoC, CoC Forbidden rite ended up receiving rather hefty nerf. So unless you are intention was to actual nerf the said build by significant amount, please consider providing further buff to the base damage scaling from HP and ES.

Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info