Evasion Entropy interaction withDodge and Block

So I learned from the wiki that Evasion is the first layer of defense. So dodge and block are rolled afterwards. I also learned from the wiki that evasion has "entropy" meaning monsters are guaranteed to hit through evasion after so long. From the wiki, emphasis mine:
"
Evasion does not calculate the chance of each hit independently. Instead, it uses a system of "entropy" to ensure that enemies won't get long strings of hits or misses by chance...As a result, if a player has a 1 in N chance to be hit, then the player will be hit exactly once for every N consecutive attacks. This eliminates all possibilities of lucky and/or unlucky streaks. It is still based on chance because of the entropy counter's randomization in the first step.

So this "hit" that happens because of entropy, is it a guaranteed hit, automatically going through block and dodge. Or is it just an attack that has a chance to hit if it makes it through thse other layers of defence, block and dodge.? Thanks!
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2021, 7:48:22 PM
Evasion's entropy system doesn't interact with other mechanics in any way. When evasion fails, the attack can still be dodged, blocked, avoided by other means, etc.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Thanks! And just to be 100% clear: Let's say my evasion entropy counter reaches its max, but I dodge or block that attack. Would my entropy reduce by 100 as usual? Or would it still keep adding to it until I actually get hit through my block and dodge?
no you dont have to actually be hit nor take damage. evasion mechanics is independent. when you fail to evade, you fail to evade, it does not care about other steps (-> dodge -> block -> mitigation)

it cant be added to it anyways. the number is between 0 and 100. what would be over 100 owerflows (gets added to 0)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jul 27, 2021, 1:04:26 PM
Awesome, thanks for the reply, Ludvator!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info