How can I get Orb of Alchemy faster?

Besides chaos orbs it seams the most useful orb is Orb of Alchemy. Here's my problem:

1 alch = 1 regret = 2 scouring = 4 chance = 1 fusing = 4 jeweller = 2 alteration = 4 augmentation...
           = 4 transmutation = 7 portal = 3 wisdom

Edit: by my calculations 1 Orb of Alchemy = 21504 Scrolls of Wisdom

I get a headache just trying to fugure out this vendor nonsense. I'm always up for a challenge but since we all get a boatload of good socketed linked white items the experimentation system fails completely with the inability to craft a decent amount of alchs to use. We all have boatloads of Orbs of Wisdom but the tedious way to get to an alch is just crazy stupid.

Come on devs plaese give us a better (easier) way to craft some alchs.

I currently have +22% iiq and +17% iir + a +40% item rarity support gem on my poison arrow attack.
I read a post of someone getting +92% iiq to do farming runs so I know I can do better with more time and luck to get better gear but the current way to craft an alch is just not worth the effort.

Note: Of course I'm clearly aware of the desires of GGG to make PoE have a 10 year run so giving too much too soon will mean we will hit the PoE maximums sooner but good grief. At least I have found 4 unique items in my 300 to 400 hours of playing so that clearly beats my efforts last year in D3.

Please, let's not turn this into an RNG rant yet again. I'm sick of the "RNG is RNG and ain't it a bitch" threads.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 5, 2013, 8:19:06 AM
"
How can I get Orb of Alchemy faster?

Trade me for your fusing 1:1 :D
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
20% Quality on a White, Magic and Rare item of the same type sells for 1 Alchemy. Keep those quality rares you find :)
easiest to get an alch. sell some rares to get 8 alteration orbs. trade your alts for jewellers. then trade your jewellers for fusings. then type type $wtt 1 fusing for 1 alch.
If you ID all the magic and rare items from a farming run, you'll start finding lots of items at higher levels that give between 1-3 alchemy shards per. The more loads of items you will remove the more shards you get on average, and the more orbs you can pile up.
1337 21gn17ur3
"
If you ID all the magic and rare items from a farming run, you'll start finding lots of items at higher levels that give between 1-3 alchemy shards per. The more loads of items you will remove the more shards you get on average, and the more orbs you can pile up.

Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
"
Lyralei wrote:
20% Quality on a White, Magic and Rare item of the same type sells for 1 Alchemy. Keep those quality rares you find :)

The only problem with that is I only have 2 items with +20 quality in all my playing time. Maybe if I play 1 character all the way through Merciless at higher levels I'll get more +20% drops.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

I hated farming runs last year in D3 and I hate farming runs today. Pure boredom in D3 and similar here.

So then what you're saying is that you want rare orbs, that make white items rare to be ... common?

Does not compute.

Farming is a fact of life in this style game. I don't do "farming runs" I just do "leveling/quest runs" and pick up all the blues and above I find and ID them to get alch shards.
Please familiarize yourself with the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory (GIFT) - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Realize that the only part of the equation you can affect in the GIFT is the audience. Remove the audience and the trolls merely rant at the air.
The main fascination for me with PoE is the build diversity and the whole sockets and gem system on weapons and armor. Without an easier way to do serious crafting experimentation I don't see my interest in PoE lasting even 1 year if I'm being severly limited in getting any quantity of crafting orbs. I'm not wanting to multi-box to get more quantity (I beleive it is a form of hacking PoE) and my solo playing always equals lower quantity of items.

Thanks GGG for looking out for us solo players .... NOT!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info