Console viable Bosser?

Sooo this season I tried to play PoE seriously and already went pretty far, Sirus kill and my current awakener level is 8. But now I hit a brick wall that is endgame encounters. (Maven invite: the hidden and stuff)
My problem is, I have RL constraints so I cant farm that much so the good pieces most guides demand are out of my reach thanks to being poor and non existent crafting knowledge. So here the main reason for this topic: I need to create a character that will help me getting into the true endgame on a small budget. Not asking for some fancy immortal build or oneshot build, just something stable so I can fight those guys, learn the mechanics and maybe be able to level up past 94.

Builds I tried so far and how I liked them:
BBBF Inquisitor: Didn't like it very much and it was awful for Ultimatums
Hexblast Ignite Inq: That guy was actually very fun awesome and helped me to level my Inq to 94 without much trouble. But I ended up having too low DPS.
Generals Cry spin2win: played past season and liked it but wasn't able to play much during that time
Summoner Necro: Strong but rather boring. And back then I was on PS4 so I had like 3 FPS in high tier maps.
Erthquake Bleed Glad: That guy was fun jumping right into packs and blowing them up.
Hollow palm Ice Crash Raider: Oh Boy I really loved how that build played, that fast moving and high attack speed Ice crashes are fun but it was so rippy
Doryanis Fist Elementalist: Probably the most fun I had in this league and it is my to go mapper. But he is squishy and she gets oneshot by Aul and other hard hitting mobs. I hate you Minotaur!
Frostbomb MoM Ascendant: Screenwide explosions are fun! This is probably my best geared character so far but again, the super endgame stuff is out of reach and it seems FAR out of reach.

Now, one wall of text later: Please suggest me a build I can reasonable build and enjoy before I have to invest into another truckload of regrets.
ps: English is not my first language, have mercy!
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2021, 6:05:59 AM
I think you're getting impatient.

It takes time to learn boss fights.

It takes time to learn all sorts of intricacies about this game too. Even veteran streamers with 10,000+ hours in the game are still learning, and will freely tell you so if you ask them (and often without being asked).

You say you can't afford the upgrades for your builds, but you have *at least* 30ex worth of gear & gems on your Ascendant. Likely more.

For many players, even 30ex would be quite out of reach.

You don't even need better gear to beat bosses. You need experience.

Very good players with lots of experience can beat any boss in the game with less than 1m DPS (or less than 500k DoT DPS) and about 5k life (or 7k ES).

I don't pretend to be that good, so I aim my sights higher. I like to have one million DoT DPS, or 3m+ non-DoT DPS. I like to have more than 5K life with lots of defenses.

You have surpassed that with multiple builds. At least the DPS and life/ES part.

Layered defenses means having things like:

* Ailment immunity

* Max Block with recovery on block OR max dodge with high evasion

* strong defensive flasks

* max res > 75

* strong phys mitigation (armour/endurance charges/"phys taken as"/etc)

* A good guard skill, properly set up

I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of right now.

A build doesn't have to have *all* of those, but the more of them it has, the tankier it will be, and that's important to bossing. Also, staying alive gives you a chance to learn the fight.

If you really want to switch builds, I recommend Max Block Bleed Glad. I've always played it with Lacerate, but you can do EQ instead. Just make sure it's the 1h + Shield version.

Properly set up, a max block glad will have everything on that list, with sufficient DoT DPS to kill bosses.
Crafting is something u gotta learn and it takes time. For example I used over 100 essences and multiple anuls trying to get my mail to have only +1 socketed gem, minion damage......

Then learned if u craft cannot roll attack modifiers, and use an Exalt on the item it will guarantee +1 socket gem roll. Then got the 2 prefixes I wanted after 6 essences after learning that trick.

Boss fights is all about mechanics.
"
Richman209ish wrote:

This ^

More often than not once you learn their mechanics, you can kill most of them deathless. Even with low life pools.
my burning arrow elementalist turned out to be a pretty good bosser
"
M1stW4lk3rX wrote:
"
Richman209ish wrote:

This ^

More often than not once you learn their mechanics, you can kill most of them deathless. Even with low life pools.

Yup.... I still can't kill A8 Sirus and some of my friends have killed A8 multiple times and I had better gear.

Though imo Uber Elder is a combination of both... But technically I seen some YT videos of Uber clears with crap DPS.
Last edited by Richman209ish on Jul 18, 2021, 4:13:36 AM
"
Richman209ish wrote:
"
M1stW4lk3rX wrote:
"
Richman209ish wrote:

This ^

Yup.... I still can't kill A8 Sirus and some of my friends have killed A8 multiple times and I had better gear.

Though imo Uber Elder is a combination of both... But technically I seen some YT videos of Uber clears with crap DPS.

In Ritual, i killed all end game bosses at least once deathless. The only one i didnt kill deathless is Maven and that was because i had never engaged her and didnt know her mechanics at all... I mean i did but watching a YT vid and actually doing it is a lot different lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info