[3.14]❄️Qosmoz's LL Winter Orb Occultist❄️HoI Shatter Satisfaction❄️Fun Mapping❄️Detailed Guide

INTRO
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Fellow Exiles! This is Qosmoz with another Low Life build guide. As a matter of fact, I’ve started playing Low Life Miner and CoC Ice Nova Assassin in the last couple of leagues and I made guides for everyone to enjoy as much as I do. In Ultimatum league, I've tried Winter Orb to see how effective it is in Low Life setup and to my surprise, it turned out very well for the budget I've put into it. It's a lot of fun to play without huge investments, and I decided to share with another LL build guide on the quite popular Winter Orb.

❗❗❗ Disclaimer: This is not a league starter build. This is not a tanky build. This is good for a 2nd or 3rd character in the league to have a fast and fun mapping build. Bossing can be difficult until you go to a High-End Budget version. End of the disclaimer.

Also check my other Low Life build guides (links below).

STREAM
____________________________________________________________________________________________

You can find me and ask direct questions if you catch me in between my hectic streaming sessions. Leave a question here, and it'll be answered - guaranteed!

===========================================================================

Qosmoz POE Stream 👀

Qosmoz POE Build Guides/Showcase/Reviews 👀

================================================================

CHANGELOG

This section will be updated for every League after the Patch Notes.

Changelog
This guide is based on the 3.14 Ultimatum League. This section will be updated with patch notes for the following leagues.

[3.14] 08.June.21: Guide is published

CONTENT

1. TL;DR
2. VIDEOS
3. BUILD NOTES
4. PATH OF BUILDING (LOW-END & HIGH-END BUDGETS)
5. GEMS SETUP
6. GEAR, ENCHANTS, FLASKS, JEWELS
7. ASCENDANCY, BANDITS, PANTHEON
8. LEVELING THIS BUILD & LIFE TO LL CONVERSION
9. FAQ

1. TL;DR

TL;DR

✅ Super fun build to play with big explosions for mapping
✅ Life version is proven and might be even better at certain budget levels. This is an alternative build to scale auras for damage using Low-life mechanics. Detailed explanations of the Low Life concept can be found in the following sections. You can always convert builds from one to another.
✅ Low life version scales great and allows min-maxing for the build especially high reservation scenario with additional Haste buff
✅ Fast gameplay, lots of freezes (even the bosses)
✅ Many chase items to make the build min-maxed for end game (e.g. Headhunter)
✅ You can do all league mechanics (Simulacrum, etc.)

❌ This build can not do Elemental Reflect Map
❌ Life to Low Life conversion will require respeccing many passive points
❌ It can be expensive depending on the Meta builds for the league
❌ This is not a league starter build, even tough you can start with other spells and convert it to Winter Orb later (e.g. Arc, Storm Brand)
❌ This build is far from tanky build. You may and will die a lot :)

⌛ Start the league with Life version Occultist.
⌛ I recommend using Winter Orb all the way from leveling to end game (or if you have trouble, switch to Arc kind of spell)
⌛ Convert to Low Life when you accumulate enough currency to afford 6 linked Shavronne's Wrappings. This will require 50-60 Orb of Regrets to respec your build.
⌛ Next get the Prism Guardian which is typically cheap at league start.
⌛ I recommend to speccing into Low Life version around Level 80-85 at earliest. Before that, it can be done but you’ll have a hard time surviving on maps.
⌛ Build more Energy Shield and more Damage with next upgrades.
⌛ Check different alternative builds using Path of Building Community Fork (link below).

2. VIDEOS

3.14 - Ultimatum League Videos

This section will be updated! I plan a detailed video guide for the build, and extra showcase videos!

3. BUILD NOTES

What is Low Life?
Low life (LL) is a condition that applies when life falls below 35%. LL builds are enabled by reservation of life below 35% using "Blood Magic or newly called Arrogance" support for any auras like "Zealotry" or “Hatred”, etc..

LL build allows reserving mana and life together, which means extra auras can be activated such as Aspect of the Spider, Precision, Summon Skitterbots, etc. See below section on gem links for detailed description. On top, using "Pain Attunement: 30% More Spell Damage when on Low Life" keystone, the builds are scaled to very high DPS potential.

LL builds stack Energy Shield (ES) instead of Life and typically get the "Zealot's Oath: Life Regeneration applied to Energy Shield instead" keystone for ES generation instead of Life.

LL builds can be maximized by 3 key Uniques. These are:

"

Shavronne's Wrappings; provides good ES and lightning damage, but it is used in LL builds mostly to eliminate the risk of dying to Chaos damage. Chaos damage in game bypasses ES and directly applies to health (same as you apply chaos damage. For example Essence Drain or Toxic Rain). "CHAOS DAMAGE DOES NOT BYPASS ENERGY SHIELD" unique modifier avoids chaos damage to kill us instantly due to being constantly Low Life.

Presence of Chayula: Stun Immunity and Life to Energy Shield Conversion are the main reasons to use the amulet. In this build, we will not use this unique for mapping, both it’s recommended to use for bossing for extra ES and Stun Immunity.

Prism Guardian: Life Reservation support and 25% Reduced Mana Reservation of Auras makes this shield a must have for LL builds.

On top, for Mapping specifically, we need a 4th Unique as the core part of the build.

This is Badge of the Brotherhood Amulet which gives us an equal amount of Frenzy Charges to our Power Charges. Since the build stacks so many Charges, having an equal amount of Frenzy charges amplifies our damage and movement speed, and what makes the build so much fun to play.

However, These 3 unique items synergies so well that most LL builds use them (e.g.Aura Stacker, Low Life Miner or Spell Casters or Low Life Minion Necro). Unfortunately, depending on the early meta during the start of the league, these uniques can be expensive.
Low Life vs. Life Builds?
Why to go Low Life vs. Life based builds? First and foremost reason is the damage scaling. The DPS due to auras and Pain Attunement keystone provides so much more damage vs. the life version on a lower budget. Life version, of the build with GG chest piece (50ex+), GG Eventuality Rod (can be up to or more than mirrors) would definitely outscale the damage vs. Low Life version. However, for the currency spent vs. damage potential is still very optimal with the Low Life version.

4. PATH OF BUILDING (LOW-END & HIGH-END BUDGET BUILDS)

Path of Building Community Fork
PoB Community Fork is recommended to check all different versions of the build.

Download PoB Community Fork

Starting Budget: 27M DPS
This is the starting build with all necessary items and gems. This should be enough to clear all content in the game.

Click for Starting Budget LL Winter Orb Occultist Build
(or Copy: https://pastebin.com/jnHu7dfC)

High-End Budget: 70M DPS
This is a further min-maxed version. This provides more than double the damage of the Starting Budget version. Given enough budget, this should be possible to achieve throughout the league.

Click for End Game LL Winter Orb Occultist Build
(or Copy: https://pastebin.com/swDVDSV0)
Additional Notes:

I will add Cluster Jewels based on Starting & High-End Budget versions.

Warning: None of the builds are budget and starting gear. Starting budget version should get you going until you replace your gear with better items.

5. GEM SETUPS (END GAME BUILDS)

Read First!
Unless it is stated (e.g. Level 3), all gems must be as high level as possible with maximum quality.

+ Linked gems
/ Not necessary to link
End Game Gems

LL Winter Orb Gems

Main Skill:
Winter Orb + Infused Channeling Support + Concentrated Effect Support + Hypothermia Support + (Awakened) Controlled Destruction Support + (Awakened) Greater Multiple Projectiles Support

Auras:
(Vaal) Haste / Hatred / Zealotry / Vaal Discipline / Summon Skitterbots / Precision / Herald of Ice / Clarity

Read Me
Main auras should be used in Prism Guardian to reserve them using Life instead of Mana: Hatred / Zealotry / Vaal Haste

Herald of Ice Setup for Big Explosions:
Herald of Ice + (Awakened) Increased Area of Effect Support + Increased Critical Strikes Support

Damage Mitigation:
Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1) + Immortal Call (Level 3)

Movement Skill:
Flame Dash or Dash + Arcane Surge Support (Level 6)

Cold Exposure Setup:
Hydrosphere + Bonechill Support

Extra Damage Boost:
Vaal Righteous Fire

Links Suggestion

Body Armor 6L: Winter Orb + Infused Channeling Support + Concentrated Effect Support + Hypothermia Support + (Awakened) Controlled Destruction Support + (Awakened) Greater Multiple Projectiles Support

Weapon 3L: Herald of Ice / (Awakened) Increased Area of Effect Support / Increased Critical Strikes Support

Shield 3L: Hatred / Zealotry / Vaal Haste

Helmet 4L: Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1) + Immortal Call (Level 3) / Vaal Righteous Fire / Clarity (Level 1)

Boots 4L: Flame Dash + Arcane Surge Support (Level 6) + Hydrosphere + Bonechill Support

Gloves 4L: Vaal Discipline + Summon Skitterbots + Precision + Enlighten

6. GEAR, ENCHANTS, FLASKS, JEWELS

Helmet
Blizzard Crown (Item Level 85+) with Redeemer & Warlord Influence (for -9% Cold Resistance to Nearby Enemies), +1 Maximum Power Charges and Evasion/Energy Shield is the best option. Fill the rest with required Resistances to cap your resistances. If this is over your budget, still look for Hubris Circlet with similar stats.

Crown of the Inward Eye is the budget option. I recommend getting one of these until upgrading the Blizzard Crown/Hubris Circlet.

Vertex is another good budget option. I recommend getting one of these until upgrading the Blizzard Crown/Hubris Circlet, especially Chaos damage is a problem.

Enchant
Winter Orb: Winter Orb has +2 to Maximum Stages is the best DPS option.
Body Armor
Only one option here.

Shavronne's Wrappings enables the Low Life builds. Get this as soon as you are ready to convert from the Life version to the Low Life version.
Gloves
Fingerless Silk Gloves are the best base. Fill the mods with a good amount of Energy Shield mods (ideally 150+ ES) and some resistances. Warlord Spell Damage mod and Temple mod Damage against Chilled Enemies will be a huge DPS boost.
Hands of the High Templar with Elemental Weakness Curse + Cast Speed is also very good option here such as below:

Enchant
Anything you like the best would be ok here. There is no clear best.
Boots
Hunter/Redeemer Influenced based Sorceress Boots are the best base. Aim for You have Tailwind if you have dealt a Critical Strike Recently and a good amount of ES on it with ideally 35% Movement Speed and Elusive Effect together. If you can have extra resistance on the boot, that would be ideal but will make the item much more expensive. I suggest to craft your boots using Hunter (Tailwind) and Redeemer (Elusive) boots and infuse them using an Awakener Orb.

Sin Trek boots are the best budget option which will carry you to the end game but capping resistances can be difficult.

Enchant
Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently is the best option for boss damage boost (e.g. Sirus). Movement Skills for mapping to move extreme fast to stack movement speed from frenzy charges, Haste Buff, Tailwind & Elusive Buffs and MS from boots. Warning: You might feel dizzy after speedy runs...
Weapon
Budget option “Void Batteries” which can carry you for a long time. I suggest to replace this weapon as the last item with a GG wand similar to the one in the High-End PoB.
Shield
Prism Guardian is the only option here.

Look for a corrupted one when you can afford it similar to below. This will boost your aura gems.
Jewellery
Amulet:

Badge of the Brotherhood & Presence of Chayula are two good alternatives to each other. I suggest to have both of them in your inventory. Use Badge of the Brotherhood for mapping (and map bosses do not require swapping) but when you do Sirus etc. fights, swap the amulet to the Presence of Chayula for extra ES, Chaos Resistance and finally Stun Immunity.

Rings:

Mark of the Shaper coupled with Elder Ring are the best budget options for pure damage boost to our spells. Fill the Elder Influenced Ring with flat Energy Shield, missing Attributes (especially Strength will be difficult to attain) and rest with as much resistance as needed.

I suggest investing in curse rings as soon as possible when you make the build. If you can only afford one, then you can use Arcanist Brand + Sniper’s Mark as the additional curse.

Belt: Crystal Belt with Crusader Influence base is the best alternative. Fill the belt with Energy Shield rolls and missing resistances and attributes. Crusader mod with “Spell damage during any Flask Effect” provides solid DPS during boss fights but the effect is limited only to the duration of the flasks. Therefore, do not care too much if you can’t afford it.

Headhunter is the best to use with this kind of a build. Unfortunately, it is the most expensive and unique in the game. Equip it and start having double/triple/quadruple the fun as soon as you can afford/get lucky with drops (or Ancient Orbs).

Enchants

Amulet:

Anointment
There are 3 options here:

1) Anoint "Tranquility" Azure + Golden + Golden Oils if you are using Rare Helm other than Crown of the Inward Eye

Read Me
Tranquility is a notable passive skill that grants increased maximum energy shield and Transfiguration of Soul.

Transfiguration of Soul applies increases and reductions to Maximum Energy Shield to also affect Spell Damage at 30% of their value.

2) Anoint "Charisma" Opalescent + Golden + Golden Oils if you are running into Mana Reservation problem, if not Anoint "Disciple of the Slaughter" Amber + Verdant + Golden Oils this is the best damage alternative when using Badge of the Brotherhood.

Summary; Badge of the Brotherhood: Disciple of the Slaughter
Presence of Chayula: Tranquility (for damage) or Charisma (for mana reservation)

Catalysts
Presence of Chayula: Use Tempering Catalyst to boost Defenses (ES)
Badge of the Brotherhood: Use Intrinsic Catalyst to boost Attributes

Rings:
Catalysts
Opal Rings Turbulent Catalyst to boost Elemental (Cold) Damage.

Belt:
Catalysts
Rare Crystal Belt or Stygian Vise can be enchanted based on the resistances, attributes or defenses need.

Jewels
There are no mandatory jewels to make this build work. Jewels can boost your survival or damage. However, a Large Ring Thread of Hope

gives so much value at the top side of the Passive tree, it's hard not to make it mandatory.

A few other recommended jewels are:

Energy from Within can boost your Energy Shield using the jewels socket near "Melding" Notable Passive.

Watcher's Eye can be very good but very expensive. Mods to look for:
1) Hatred Elemental Penetrations and/or Critical Multiplier by Precision.
2) To have a higher Energy Shield, you can get “Gain X% of Maximum Mana as Energy Shield while affected by Clarity”. It will definitely help to have a bit higher ES based to increase your defenses.

There is an expensive Cluster Jewel Setup (To be added). Check the respective Path of Building links for further details later on.
Flasks
Recommended Flask Setup:

Dying sun is almost mandatory for the build as it provides 2 additional projectiles. This is massive damage upgrade.

Bottled Faith is a big damage boost, but very expensive. This is an endgame chase item.

7. ASCENDANCY, BANDITS, PANTHEON

Ascendancy
Ascend with this order for easier leveling and damage boost:

1) Forbidden Power

2) Void Beacon

3) Frigid Wake

4) Malediction

Bandits
Kill all for +2 Passive Points.
Pantheon
Mapping
Major God: Soul of Lunaris
1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
1% increased Movement Speed for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
10% chance to avoid Projectiles
5% chance to Dodge Attack and Spell Hits if you've been Hit Recently
Avoid Projectiles that have Chained

Minor God - Shakari
5% reduced chaos damage taken
25% reduced chaos damage over time taken while in a caustic cloud

Bossing
Sirus
Major God: Soul of Arakaali
Minor God: Soul of Shakari

Rest of the Bosses
Major God: Soul of Solaris
Minor God: Situational depending on the damage type

8. LEVELING THIS BUILD & LIFE TO LL CONVERSION

Leveling Guide
This section will be completed over time.
Life to LL Conversion Guide
TL;DR of when to convert was mentioned in the previous sections. I recommend to level with Life based version up to Level 80-85 and then convert to the Low Life Version.

9. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

FAQ
This section is to be filled with frequently asked questions.

1. How to craft -9% Cold Resistance to Enemies and +1 Power charges helmet?
You can buy Item Level 85 Blizzard Crown or Hubris Circlet with Enchanted Winter Orb mod on. Start with Perfect Fossils to increase Quality. Ideally 28%+ Quality should be targeted. Then, use the Redeemer Exalted orb to make it Redeemer Influenced. Use Frigid + Dense fossils until you have decent ES + %Cold Resistance (This is done for -9% Cold Resistance to nearby enemies' craft).

If you want to go the extra mile, you can have enchanted Redeemer as explained above with -9% Cold Resistance to Nearby Enemies mod with alteration spam. Then have any Warlord Influenced helmet (minimum Item Level 75) and alt spam until +1 Maximum Power Charges.

Use Awakener Orb on first on the Warlord helm, and then on the enchanted Redeemer Helmet. Pray to the RNG gods, and you might get a sick helmet which can be the Best in Slot item.

Best stats on the helmet would have:

T1 Increased Evasion/ Flat Energy Shield(for Blizzard Crown)
T1 Increase Maximum Energy Shield (Bench crafted)
+1 Maximum Power Charges
-9% Cold Resistance to Nearby Enemies (or Elevated -12%)
T1 Critical Strike Multiplier

10. MY CURRENT BUILD

3.14: Ultimatum League Current Gear & Build
Here you can find items and my current PoB (regularly to be updated)

Gear
PoB
Click for my 3.14 LL Winter Orb Occultist Build
(or Copy: https://pastebin.com/mDQUYHbx)

OUTRO ____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hopefully, you'll try this build, and enjoy it as much as I do. Check out my stream for direct questions, or leave a note/question here. I will try my best to answer any question you have. Always happy to help for anything you need. Cheers, Qosmoz.

twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Last edited by QosmozGaming on Jun 14, 2021, 5:21:01 PM
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2021, 6:12:56 AM
reserved for future updates!
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Last edited by QosmozGaming on Jun 11, 2021, 5:37:36 PM
finally fixed all text. Guide is ready. Enjoy this build, maybe try next league :)
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Cool stuff, but there's a couple of passives missing. Trying it out now anyway.
"
siimduud wrote:
Cool stuff, but there's a couple of passives missing. Trying it out now anyway.

what do you mean with couple of passives missing?
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
is this 3.15 viable? or was there a winter orb / occultist nerf?
Pls add leveling tree. Thx!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info