[3.19] Hateforge Vaal Lightning Strike - Pathfinder | All content | Zoom Zoom mapper and bosser

PSA for beginners: If you haven't purchased your hateforge, look to buy a non-corrupted one. This is so you can divine it for gem link changes in the future. If its corrupted, you are stuck with the % reduced rage cost stat which limits you from choosing gem links.

Pros
+ 100 mil+ DPS
+ can do ALL maps mods except elemental reflect (fixable with jewel implicit)
+ evasive: dodge, spell dodge, evasion, phasing
+ fastest mapper (run and cast VLS without aiming) permanent 200+ms
+ works on a budget after Hateforge
+ fast Boss killer
+ can be fast AF mapping and bossing without min maxing
+ benefits from both being melee (initial hit) and ranged (projectiles)
+ herald of ash and ice explosions

Cons
- needs hateforge
- squishy if you aren't min-maxing
- can't do elemental reflect

PoB

3.19 updated in standard https://pastebin.com/5dMkUFmB
We need to now run Clarity to generate rage fast. Need to drop an aura due to mana reservation changes. We also drop divine blessing but prob can fit it back in

3.17 updated in standard https://pastebin.com/6vBa9Vbz
with more attack speed (0.11aps) / more dps (20m+per vls. 300-400m dps / more mana regen need to keep up with aps
https://pastebin.com/uezsrJaF - wave 30 simulacrum version

We now use Omniscience for ele pen and we added totems for more damage

What changed in 3.15?

1. Rage cost changed
2. Trigger Assassin's mark now cost rage so we replaced with ele weakness
3. Arcane Chemistry changed
4. Because of #3, we now need to use Timeclasp and we also use Omniscience
5. Some tree change. We now need natural remedies
6. Some ascendency point changes
7. Skill cosmetic appearance changed (less laggy? its a buff)

Build still works just like in 3.14 after these changes.

Pathfinder Ascendency:
Nature's boon
Master Alchemist
Nature's Adrenaline
Flask Effect and Duration / Flask effect, Attack Damage (2 small nodes)

Video:
Sirus A9: https://streamable.com/y0ua2g
Uber Elder: https://streamable.com/9lh0es
Mapping and Drox: https://streamable.com/8h4dis
The Twisted Invitation: https://streamable.com/ygoyxa
The Hidden Invitation: https://streamable.com/85845z
Uber Atziri: https://streamable.com/3xy0po
Wave 20 Simulacrum: https://streamable.com/euwtd0
Wave 30 Simulacrum: https://streamable.com/n8cpau

How is DPS calculated?
Vaal Lightning Strike "pulses" either on the target or on the ground. It has a duration of 4.5 seconds and the number of pulses is scaled via attack speed.

What are our defences?
Physical 200k EHP
Elemental 500k+ EHP
Chaos 58k EHP

We got this from these defensive layers:
1. 5.3k Life
2. 25k Evasion with flasks
3. Max dodge and spell dodge (elusive + acrobatics + flask)
4. 15% block chance
5. Blind (10% Blind on crit)
6. Fortify (Anomalous Fortify support)
7. Immune to ailments from ascendency
8. Wind dancer
9. Immortal call
10. Avoid fire
11. Avoid projectiles
12. Physical hit taken as fire
13. 81% fire resist, 79% Cold, 78% lightning
14. 3 endurance charges (could be 4 which would give us physical 300k EHP)
15. Cat's stealth

THE BUILD

How does it work? Its a complicated mechanics but really easy to play once we have it.

You need to equip Hateforge, Chains of Emancipation, Soul Catcher with 40% reduce soul gain prevention and Rotblood Promise with Temp Chains gem socketed for the build to work. You also need Lethal Pride with Warriors under Akoya to get Chainbreaker, which lets you generate rage.

The reason we are pathfinder is so we have enough flask effects to make sure we have 100% reduced soul gain prevention from Soul Catcher. This allows us to regenerate rage via Chainbreaker. We need a lot of flask effect + reduced skill effect duration (Window of opportunity) + Spiked concoction medium cluster for the Alchemist's Genius buff.

We also need to link our vaal lightning strike so that it cost exactly 26 rage.

When we gain 25 rage from chainbreaker, we are immune to curses from Chains of Emancipation. This allows to lose temp chains which gets us to maximum rage of 50. When we cast vaal lightning strike, which costs 26 rage, it brings us to 24 rage which repeats the cycle of rage generation so long as Soul Catcher flask is up.

This is also why the build desires mana regeneration so that rage can regen fast from 24 to 25. The other main desirable stat is attack speed. Vaal lightning strike scales really well with attack speed.

Attack speed scales so well with VLS because you attack fast AND it "pulses" more creating more projectiles and damage. We also gain a lot of defensiveness from life on hit so attack speed scaling also scales that.
Make sure your soul prevention duration is 0. I used to be ok with 0.16 but once I got it to 0, it took VLS to another level.

A few things to note:
Annoint Aqueous Accelerant so you can take 4 big nodes on ascendency
Pierce helps a lot with the clear, I got it on my boots and helm but you can just get it on helm + 1 skill point called Projectile Damage and Pierce. You can get it via the small ring Thread of Hope across from Fervour.
I am using fortify but you should use Damage on full life if you don't care about being tanky.

If you are having any issues with rage, I would double check your flask effect. Make sure you have 40% reduced vaal soul gain prevention from flask + all the flask effects. Check if you have Aqueous Accelerant. I have that and conquerors potency jewel.

Make sure you try to balance all three elemental resistances. It adds a lot of defence from 10% less damage taken and also since we run trinity, the penetration helps a bit.

Gear:
Gear

If you want to copy my gem links, make sure you have 24% reduced rage cost. For other rage cost, you need to experiment with other gem links. For example, with 25% reduced rage cost, you would need to replace nightblade with chain support.

If you use trinity, make sure you have cold/fire damage on your claw. Else I suggest you use awakened elemental focus, which would allow you to focus only on lightning damage. If you use elemental focus, you should be using herald of thunder instead of herald of ash/ice.

Flasks:

You cannot use a curse immunity flask, it will ruin the mechanics of the build. Also its the same reason we cannot use an inspired learning jewel, because we will get hexproof and it will ruin the mechanics.

Cluster Jewels & Jewels:

If you can, look for lethal pride with intimidate on hit, double damage, phys taken as fire.

A good claw is very important for damage. Make sure you invest in this.
Best mods:
T1 Lightning damage
T1 Cold/Fire damage
T1 Attacks penetrates elemental resistance

T0 Attack Speed
T1 Critical Strike
T1 Double Damage/Crit Multi

I am using regular farrul because I got endurance charge generation on my lethal pride. Its just for more defense. Both Farrul are fine.

For a slight min-maxed helm, you can squeeze herald of thunder or ice in if you get wrath reduced mana reservation enchant + 5% mana reservation from essence of contempt. We lose a barely noticeable amount of clear for more single target damage. The second helm is a min-maxed helm.

If you want Assassins' mark on hit, make sure to get the additional curse corruption implicit on amulet. This is because sometimes the game cycles between temp chains and you can lose the mark on enemies.

You can grab two dagger with 70%+ mana regeneration on offhand. Then you switch after you enter a map and got your 50 rage. It feels better but you save maybe 3-5 seconds per map.
Last edited by ttwanksta on Sep 6, 2022, 9:15:59 AM
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2022, 4:37:54 AM
nice build and help guide thank you.
Nice build dude! Just wanted to check what equipment do you use for your AG? And AG just keeps dying on me
AG is for min maxing.

For helm, I use Crown of the Tyrant for lower resistance to nearby.

For Armor, Gruthkul's Pelt for budget or Garb of the Ephemeral for high end.

For gloves I use a Hunter-influenced gloves with % chance to Intimidate Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit. Southbound is another good option

For boots Kaom's Roots

Kingmaker for weapon
Last edited by ttwanksta on Jun 1, 2021, 3:02:55 PM
I’m seeing a lot of builds picking up significant amounts of attack speed. Anyone else have thoughts on this? As i am playing mine the limiting factor seems to be the speed at which your rage ticks from 24 back up to 50 and not so much how much APS your PoB states. Perhaps shooting for increasing Average Damage in PoB is better at a certain point.

I dropped conquerors efficiency though because im not taking master surgeon instead opting for two small flask affect ascendancy nodes instead since i have a corrupted jewel with corrupting blood implicit. Maybe i need to look into putting it back into my build. Might have calculated flask effect wrong.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Jun 2, 2021, 2:52:02 PM
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
I’m seeing a lot of builds picking up significant amounts of attack speed. Anyone else have thoughts on this? As i am playing mine the limiting factor seems to be the speed at which your rage ticks from 24 back up to 50 and not so much how much APS your PoB states. Perhaps shooting for increasing Average Damage in PoB is better at a certain point.

I dropped conquerors efficiency though because im not taking master surgeon instead opting for two small flask affect ascendancy nodes instead since i have a corrupted jewel with corrupting blood implicit. Maybe i need to look into putting it back into my build. Might have calculated flask effect wrong.

I would double check your flask effect. Make sure you have 40% reduced vaal soul gain prevention from flask + all the flask effects that I have. If I don't have Aqueous Accelerant annointed, I can't spam. I have that and conquerors potency jewel.

Attack speed scales so well with VLS because you attack fast AND it "pulses" more creating more projectiles and damage. We also gain a lot of defensiveness from life on hit so attack speed scaling also scales that.
Last edited by ttwanksta on Jun 3, 2021, 11:47:52 PM
It's pretty obvious you just took cutedog's setup and went with it lol.

You didn't even list the most important part - AG gear.
"
Posada93 wrote:
It's pretty obvious you just took cutedog's setup and went with it lol.

You didn't even list the most important part - AG gear.

Actually I copied mostly from DatModz and also AG gear is listed if you would read a bit more.

Personally I have it but I don't think its even needed. We have enough damage and defence already without AG. AG is just for min-maxing a bit.
just had issues to understand couple thinks. the creator of that build answered and helped me in minutes!
GREAT DUDE WITH GREAT BUILD !!!
just a small edit. i don't think you get 150% inc. flask effect.
you get 25% reduced skill duration, which reduces the soul gain prevention of ls. you then need another 87,5% inc. effect to get the soul catcher to 75%. to get this, you'd have to drop one of the large ascendency nodes for a small one if i'am not mistaken.
or you could simply accept the .16 s remaining soul gain prevention an go for 84% inc. effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info