Malicious League (with Rewards)

Introducing a new rolling league for those that wish to get punished! This will be a rolling 60 day league that 10 players may join for free (additional players added upon donation to cover cost). Moving forward this league will start 1 week after public league. 50% of all donations will go to a 'PoE Loot Box'.

The following rewards will be obtainable following the end of the league!!

First player to hit level 100 : 100$ Cash + 25% of PoE Loot Box Value!
Highest Delve (over 250) : 50$ Cash + 10% of the PoE Loot Box!
First player to get to level 100 Deathless - 200$ + 50% of PoE Loot box!

Any unclaimed rewards will be rolled over to the PoE Loot box for the following league (minus league costs)!

Start Time:May 16, 2021, 2:21:46 AM (UTC)

End Time:Jul 15, 2021, 2:21:46 AM (UTC)
League Type:Ultimatum
Players: 17 / 20 (additional slots may be added upon donation / inactivity)

Monsters have 40% more Life...
Monsters deal 20% more Damage...
Monsters have 20% More Speed...
Monsters gain 30% Physical damage as Each Element...
Monsters fire 2 Additional Projectiles...
Life, Mana, Energy, and Charges do not replenish in town...
Players have -40% Elemental Resists...
YOU... have a deathwish!

https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/Malicious+League

End Time:Jul 15, 2021, 2:21:46 AM (UTC)

How to join: Pop over to our discord below to say hey! Provide your information to get an invite!

https://discord.gg/dGXuRMjHNv

Due to player limits, anyone who is not active within the league is subject to dismissal from the private league at any time prior to the last 2 weeks of the league. Good Luck Exile!

Global 1989
Last edited by danielgmiller1 on May 21, 2021, 8:10:53 PM
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2021, 2:44:16 PM
I am totally down for this I love it!
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
Cool idea! :D
@danielgmiller1

I like what you're doing for the community, which IMO is better than any PoE streamer has done (included GGG) so far into Ultimatum. Sadly, the prize compared to the duration of the event is already (how to say this) insufficient, that is at least if you do want to get some good competition.

I'm sure you'll get participants since players from all parts of the world play, but one adjustment I would do with your format (if not now) in the foreseeable future is to combine the prize in one package, since it's already too small for what most likely will be dozen or so participants competing for 60 days in a league with challenging mods.

Levels have proven to be a trivial goal compared to pushing Delve, and still you have EXP over Delve with double the prize. The amount of EXP this league gives surpasses what existed during Heist.

Last edited by Kopogero on May 19, 2021, 5:17:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you liked the idea. Indeed, it seems like the Xp goal is might be too obtainable. This first round is kinda my tweaking / balancing period. Initially I thought about going HC, but decided that was too much, which is why the "deathless" bonus was added and it was reduced to SC.

If the XP prizes are aquired too easily, I'll adjust the settings for the next round. I'm considering reducing the duration, although this would double the cost of sponsorship, or just added other settings like, no rare items drop or no recipes, to slow progression. As players join and it becomes more clear which prizes are obtainable and which are not, I'll adjust things for the next cycle.

My overall goal is to create a challenging tweak to the game that yields a real reward for players. I do however, want to push what a player is capable of in the given time period (30-60 days), so I'll be adjusting the rewards and goals each league to change the challenge and keep players pushing their limits.

Future leagues might have incentives for specific challenges, boss drops, or item drops. For example, Next rotation, I might drop the "deathless" reward for "Collector" - being the first person to screenshot a 100% unique tab or something like that. Theres alot of options to create unique challenges and reward so stay tuned!
That's a decent response. The competition will have no indication (information) whoever they're competing against is close to reaching 100 deathless or not since the private league ladder doesn't display death counts. Finally, I'm sure you'll require a video upload with the /deaths commands at the end for confirmation, since screenshots can be edited.
Thanks for letting me know the quality of my response. I love your opinions. Maybe you will grace us with your participation at some point? It would be nice to see what you can do outside the forums :P
Special congrats to our league winner Heiji17!

We hope you enjoy your rewards and look forward to seeing everyone in the next league!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info