Lifetap

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2023, 5:56:29 PM
Why you added red snot character effect with it? Buff icon is quite enough. BM was perfectly fine.
Not all builds that use it is a "blood" themed.
First Arcane Surge, now Lifetap. These pointless visuals just ruining our expensive outfits.
I can add to that list Steelskin, Arcane Cloak, Plague Bearer etc.
SSF only
I have my main skill socketed into Craiceann's Carapace. My main skill uses lifetap. This means that support also supports Aspect of the Crab. The support causes the aspect to reserve double the usual amount due to the 200% multiplier, but it still costs mana. This seems to be unintended; I can't think of a reason why you would want lifetap to support Aspect of the Crab, much less not transfer from mana to life like the support would suggest.

Thanks,
Vortex--
Don't take this rant seriously
I take this gem name as a personal offend.
How can you, informal successor of Diablo 2, use this legendary name for such minor insignificant buff?! This curse is the one and only core survivability mechanics of a melee character in D2, and it's been like that for last 20 years. What are you trying to say? What's next? Are you going to add to the game new Dracul's Grasp unique that grants +1.1 life regeneration only? Should we expect anytime soon a public statement from lead developer like: "Diablo 2 wasn't that good"? Are the gears still rotates?

It would be nice if the Lifetap buff was something good. Like: grants 50% increased Life Recovery Rate
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on May 17, 2021, 6:15:47 AM
The mana multiplier affecting auras seems to be an oversight that should be fixed ASAP since this support gem has nothing to do with those. And here I wondered why a low clarity that usually reserves 3X mana suddenly reserved 10X mana, because it was logical for me to think that the support wouldn't affect it x) Ehh.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Is it intended behavior that Plague Bearer cannot be supported by Lifetap?
The lifetap buff looks too much like corrupting blood.
As mentioned by others, the visual really requires a remake or at least offer a MTX for it, Lifetap is a very popular support gem for all kind of builds and for many that flying blood snot doesnt fit at all and its up all the time in combat.
I'm curious why Lifetap Support doesn't work with Cast When Damage Taken? Changing the cost of the skill to life so that it triggers cwdt. Intended? Bug? Am I asking for to much and will summarily be smited?
"
MoundBuilder wrote:
I'm curious why Lifetap Support doesn't work with Cast When Damage Taken? Changing the cost of the skill to life so that it triggers cwdt.
Cast when Damage Taken makes skills trigger when you take damage, not when you lose life. Paying life is not taking damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info