Abrasive catalyst not affecting "Adds X to Y Physical Damage to Attacks"

I feel like I must be doing something wrong here. I applied some Abrasive Catalysts to a ring of mine and it doesn't seem to affect my DPS at all. From what I've seen, if you hold Alt, it's also supposed to tell you if the catalyst affects any of the jewelry item's modifiers, which it doesn't in this case.

Doing searches for similar issues, I see a lot of posts from people surprised it isn't increasing modifiers that affect all damage types (most specifically on Circle of Guilt rings or crit modifiers), but in this case, it explicitly says "to Attacks". What am I missing here?

Last bumped on Apr 6, 2021, 8:25:28 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Post a screenshot of adv mod.......
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
Post a screenshot of adv mod.......

You mean holding Alt while looking at it, right? I thought I did in the original post, but it looks like I must have let go when I hit the screenshot. Oops.

Last edited by ElasticPanda on Apr 6, 2021, 8:19:04 PM
Still wrong screenshot....
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

"
neohongkong wrote:

You're going to have to tell me what you're looking for then. That's what it shows when I hold Alt on the item. You can see it has the item level in the second screenshot, but not the first.
Also, please note that there is rounding. If you use the catalyst on itslef shit mod, it still shit due to rounding

6*1.07 = 6 after rounding

"
ElasticPanda wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:

You're going to have to tell me what you're looking for then. That's what it shows when I hold Alt on the item. You can see it has the item level in the second screenshot, but not the first.

Press Alt and Screenshot button at the same time. You posted two screenshots that looks the same

"
neohongkong wrote:
"
ElasticPanda wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:

Press Alt and Screenshot button at the same time. You posted two screenshots that looks the same

They're different. The second has the item level and the first does not. The second is actually what displays when I hold alt on the item.

But the rounding thing makes sense. So if I had 8% quality, would the 13 increase to 14? Since 13 * 1.08 = 14.04?

EDIT: Yup. That did it. One more catalyst and I would have seen it work. My mistake. Alt still isn't changing anything though. Consider this post deleted.
Last edited by ElasticPanda on Apr 6, 2021, 8:37:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info