[3.16] [Build Showcase] Flicker Strike Slayer with Brutal Charge | 5.8k life | 61m DPS 100% uptime!

Note:
Everything in this build has been sold, this showcase will no longer getting any update for whoever is lost for super endgame gear/passive guide for 3.17 patch and beyond.

Changelog:

Spoiler

[24/10/2021]
Updated to 3.16 Passive Tree, PoB updated.
Overall, this patch is a big damage buff for this build.

- Damage increased by around 15% from 53m DPS to 61m DPS
- Maximum life slightly decreased by around 80 life due to the changes on passive tree for Lethal Pride as we lose about 46 Strength.
- With new reservation efficiency, we are now having more than enough mana for Flicker Strike, dropped Revelry and spent those points on new Mastery.
- Thanks to new passive tree arrangement, you are now stun immunity from Unwavering Stance which slightly increased survival ability.
- It is a shame that Titanic Impacts is now in a bad spot.

Note1: You also can drop certain damage passive if you prefer survival passive. Notably mention, Prismatic Skin cluster and all those new life regeneration cluster.

Note2: New unique Stranglegasp is a potential upgrade for this build but still require further configuration until I acquired it.

[24/7/2021]
PoB link updated to latest version 3.15.
Overall, this patch is a big damage nerf for this build.

- Damage reduced by around 50% from 105m DPS to 53m DPS
- Maximum life slightly increase by about 100 life.
- Impale Chance is now 60%, we are able to respec Swift Skewering to get 4 free passive points.
- Maximum mana has been increased by getting Revelry in order to sustain high mana cost in 3.15 patch.
- In term of Passive tree, we get slightly buff; but in term of skill/support gem, it is a big nerf.

Introduction:
Spoiler
I have always love Flicker Strike since I first played the skill, and with new unique item Arn's Anguish, I have decided to dedicate my whole league with this build to make it as strong as possible and created this build. This is also my first build ever to reach a realistic 100m+ DPS and probably last one because Harvest will be gone forever.

Disclaimer:
Spoiler
This is a build showcase and not a buide guide but I am willing to help out if you have any questions.
That is also not theory-craft build, you can see my character in my profile.
This is sorta min-maxing, the gears are pretty expensive, be warned.

I am also welcome any critic about my build.

Boss Fight:
Spoiler
-more to come-
AL9 Sirus - https://youtu.be/BZzN-HjzDNw

Pros and Cons:
Spoiler
Pros:
+ Insane 250m DPS fully buff with burst DPS.
(possible on Sirus because you can trigger on-kill effect by killing worms from The Writhing Jar)
+ Due to insane DPS, able to skip certain boss phase/skill
+ Insane mapping speed

Cons:
- Not beginner friendly
- Extremely expensive
- Unable to survive Porcupine pack(technically you can if you took Axe mastery's enemies destroyed on kill)
- Fortify, Immortal Call and Enduring Cry are the only survival ability(or you can drop Headsman for Brutal Fervour's overleech)
- Easily lag and die to Divine Shrine
- Easily desync and might stop suddenly attack depends on your mouse cursor (Technical Issue)

Path of Building(Fork):
Spoiler
[3.16 League]
(5867 life and 250m DPS!)

250m DPS, fully buffed with burst DPS, can last few seconds
https://pastebin.com/RRAeQ8xj
61.3m DPS with 100% uptime buffs
https://pastebin.com/ymMrH1bh

Ascendancy:
Spoiler
Slayer
This build is making use of Brutal Charge perfectly synergize with Slayer ascendancy Masterful Form as the maximum limit of Frenzy charge/Endurance charge are equal.

Bandit & Pantheon:
Spoiler
Bandit: Help Alira, get the best benefits offensively, defensively and QoL!
Pantheon: Arakaali and Tukohama, one of sources for small Chaos resistance and physical damage reduction.

Gears & Links:
Spoiler

Explanation:

Went 2 handed weapon because of 7th links and it is also stronger than dual wield/with shield in term of DPS since the remove on more damage multiplier on Dual Wielding on Patch 3.11.
Choose Axe over Sword because base physical damage and implicit are way stronger.

Gems links as shown, they are the best in term of DPS in PoB calculation.

Strongest helmet, no doubt.
All attributes also help in meeting requirement for gears and gems.

Gems links as shown, just some utility setup.

This is the core equipment for this build, you need this to generate both Frenzy and Brutal charge reliably. Get Replica instead of regular for reliable Onslaught buff for more DPS and it also synergize with boots' elevated mods.

Gems links as shown, put all auras here to link with Enlighten for easier setup.
Alternatively, if you want to get more DPS, you can put Totems here.

Also core equipment for this build, triple damage with 9 Brutal charge(roughly 54% more damage). This also provide life and resistance which help a little bit in gearing.
The implicit is just a fancy mod, STRONK! It is not necessary but original implicit is useless anyway, why not try your luck.

One of the few way to get maximum frenzy charge, and here is the glove.
Strike 2 additional nearby enemies is just a QoL, so you don't need to change your main skill link and lose the DPS.

Gems links as shown, since I don't have anything else I need, I might as well increased the effect of both Blood Rage and Vulnerability with Enhance and Empower support.

This is every crit build and endgame boots.
However with new Elevated mod, the Onslaught is very good now since it also provide additional 10% attack speed and movement speed, which is then synergize with the Replica Farrul Fur's Onslaught.

Gems links as shown, totems are only use for buffs in boss fights.
You can choose Enhance support for Phantasmal Ancestral Protector instead of Blind support.
I am using Blind support to cap hit chance as I only have 99% hit chance now, and blind could also help a little bit in survival ability

Since amulet has higher value of those mods compare to rings, I decided to make it a full damage amulet, the INT implicit is also important as it is needed for gears/gems requirement. Pride's mod is there so that I can have more mana just in case I run out of it from my ~13 APS 64 mana Flicker Strike.
Anointment, needless to say, you need more maximum Frenzy charge limit.

Synthesis implicit is need fore more maximum Frenzy charge limit.
Aspect of Cat is needed as it is needed to generate full Frenzy/Brutal charge via body armour.
Everything else is just to fill up the resistances.

Synthesis implicit is need fore more maximum Frenzy charge limit.
Everything else is just to fill up the resistances.

This is the best seed number I can find 11778, it gives
Destroyer - 30% melee critical strike chance
Golem Blood - +15% melee critical strike multiplier
Bravery - +15% melee critical strike multiplier
MOTA - 20% increased physical damage

Impale lasts 2 additional hit, big damage
Double damage would probably show higher number in PoB but we already have Triple Damage, so I just go with %attack damage as it is slightly better than %crit multi.

FAQs:
Spoiler
None Yet
Last edited by lonedegrim on Nov 17, 2021, 1:09:21 AM
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2022, 8:58:20 AM
Nice belt, I didn't think people would waste double corruption on it. With it I could almost hit 0.8 billion pob warrior on ninja
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Arthur606/Maximum_Charge?i=6&search=class%3DSlayer%26sort%3Ddps&time-machine=week-11
"
Arthur606 wrote:
Nice belt, I didn't think people would waste double corruption on it. With it I could almost hit 0.8 billion pob warrior on ninja
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Arthur606/Maximum_Charge?i=6&search=class%3DSlayer%26sort%3Ddps&time-machine=week-11

Hahaha, the original implicit was useless, and throughout the league, I am able to make quite a number of double corrupt chambers and with my whole equipment, belt is the only one worth using so I just give it a try and got this double crit implicit!

You gloves is great too with the additional max Frenzy charge!

BTW, I looked at your tree, you get this Disciple of Unyielding, does it actually work? Since your Endurance has changed to Brutal so it is no longer an Endurance.
"
BTW, I looked at your tree, you get this Disciple of Unyielding, does it actually work? Since your Endurance has changed to Brutal so it is no longer an Endurance.

oh yeah shit I keep forgetting about that, previously kept using Endu on Stun support. But it's just one point for pob warrior. I'm a hh person
Decent life pool with a whopping 600m DPS on full buff.

I believe this is one of the best min-max build I have ever seen.

If I wanted to pick fault on this, it would probably be mana problem.

5 skills need to actively casting and cost average 30 mana per skill, which is ~150 mana in total on a 162 mana pool.

I have no idea how do you even manage to use Flicker strike when your main skill cost 68 mana and you have about 15 aps.
Last edited by areyouabc on Apr 7, 2021, 2:49:57 AM
Hi there, I'm following a similiar build to this (budget with terminus + Bronn) and I have a question: how do I generate the brutal charges? Can't seem to do it.

Thank you for your build, I'll follow it after I get some currency :)
"
viniam12 wrote:
Hi there, I'm following a similiar build to this (budget with terminus + Bronn) and I have a question: how do I generate the brutal charges? Can't seem to do it.

Thank you for your build, I'll follow it after I get some currency :)

Farrul Fur generate Endurance charge, then Arn's Anguish convert Endurance Charge to Brutal change.
if i dont have weapon with fortify, wut gem i can change? and wu better for start Kitava's Feast or Voidforge?
Last edited by Yogogo on Apr 27, 2021, 9:33:13 AM
I dont get how do I start generating rage, I have it connected the same way but I cnanot activate "rage" by myself and never noticed it gets activated.
Iam quite new and playing after long time so if someone could advice me, that would be awesome
does the farrul's fur have to be the replica or is the original acceptable as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info