Screw Roblox

My youngest daughter (8) has been playing Roblox for a while, seems to enjoy it. she was bugging me for months to give her Robux (the in-game currency). I refused for a while but finally decided to give her a $25 gift card.

She was so excited! She bought a bunch of stuff, including some outfits and crap. I figured it's no big deal, it's not really worse than me buying mtx here. I didn't mind it as a one-off thing if it makes her happy.

Fast forward 2 weeks and she's sitting on the couch crying cause some of the outfits she purchased keep disappearing, like one every day pretty much. I look into it and it turns out there is a lot of user-created content, which is what some of the outfits she bought were. Well, it turns out if the admins or whatever remove the content it gets deleted from your account, BUT, you don't get your in-game currency back.

What kind of shitty company steals money from kids? Sure a $.25 purchase means nothing to an adult but to a kid, it's a big deal.

How the hell can a company charge you for content, take it away, and then not refund you? It's ridiculous. I can't believe they get away with doing that.

Just need to wait until she is older and get her into path of exile with me I guess!
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2021, 2:36:44 PM
"daddy my game crashed in my first cortex and my map portals disappeared"

First time you hear that, and you'll wonder why you both aren't playing Roblox. *<:^)

on-topic: Most games are now "software-as-a-service" and everything about your account including the account itself can be terminated at will and you waive your right to any compensation for this behaviour as soon as you click the download button.

It sucks, but they get away with it because, well, Suzie, in my day, we had to pack up our desktops and drive over to friends' homes and set up a LAN and hope we could all connect to Timmy's game lobby and the only trading you could do was with the guys sitting right there in the same house.

But hey, you owned a shiny hard DVD with the actual game on it, and if you wanted a total conversion mod to make all the zombies look and sound like Homer Simpson, you could run that forever.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
i agree its a shitty thing. but they can get away with it because theres something in the agreement which says they can, which you (or your daughter or whoever) agreed with.

never sign or agree to anything without reading it thoroughly. has something made a recent change to their terms of service? better give that a read and find out what changed before you agree to it.

this is why i don't have a facebook, any social media, or use a google account for anything outside of watching youtube. because what they say they can use, do, track, sell, im not willing to agree with. and i bet if a whole lot more people knew about what was stated in those agreements, they also wouldn't use the service.

however, there are a ton of people who would agree to the most ridiculous things just so they can post their latest status update or whatever the hell ppl do on those things now-a-days
So Roblox is going public - https://youtu.be/ZYwNBmjpEXI

Expect it all to go even more downhill from here...
Oh wow, I thought Roblox would be borderline dead at this point. After looking into it, apparently I couldn't have been more wrong.

Now it makes a lot more sense why I see news articles about Roblox [Removed by Support] popping up every now and then...
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 5:14:59 PM
i still wondering why this game isn't in deep shit with lawyers about copyright shenanigans. User created content is mostly things stolen from somewhere else. why is why those things you daughter bought were deleted I guess.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info